• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A Warcraft/Starcraft clone?

I can't say I'm familiar with the game, but I do like the way it sounds. I'm a sucker for base-builders.

Edit: Speaking of, I want to pre-purchase the shit out of Banished. Oh, and Ubi, I'd buy the crap out of Anno 1404... WINK WINK.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, SteamGAF has never been bad in recommendations for me.

Save for Rayman. That's the only thing I am seriously regretting.

derExperte

Does ModBot not like Uplay keys? I mean I can understand if he doesn't want anything to do with that filth, just making sure because I haven't received an answer. Or is he now coming after me?

JaseC

Does ModBot not like Uplay keys? I mean I can understand if he doesn't want anything to do with that filth, just making sure because I haven't got an answer. Or is he now coming for me?

ModBot considers anything after a known separator a key, so the format shouldn't matter, which is why Steam gift/bundle URLs also work.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it's that simple. Even when someone not into indie games likes one, it doesn't mean other person will like the same game. It still come down to tastes.
That's why I think that only reviews worth taking into account are from people that are knowledgeable in genre they are writing about and aren't too emotional. Then it's easier to get impression of game itself, even if person doesn't like or like too much. I've read very little helpful reviews, reviewers tend to write about their impressions not actually a game. I know it's hard to leave yourself out of the picture, but that's what makes a good review, for me that is.
Of course, it's always a matter of tastes. But if you know someone's tastes, you can understand their thoughts about a certain game. And writing about one's impressions isn't necessarily a bad thing. For me it's good to know how a game made you feel, and the reason why.

Both genre-savvy and not genre-savvy reviews have their place, in my opinion. I know nothing about grand strategy games, so if I wanted to learn about Crusader Kings 2 I would be more interested in your average Joe's opinion than that of someone who lives and breathes that genre, because I'm looking at it from the position of someone who hasn't played any similar games and knows nothing about them. Mind you, the latter is useful to know how it rates as a grand strategy game, but I prefer the former to know whether it's fun as a game overall.

Does ModBot not like Uplay keys? I mean I can understand if he doesn't want anything to do with that filth, just making sure because I haven't received an answer. Or is he now coming after me?

Did the message subject was "Register"? Modbot should accept anything, be it keys or redeem links.

Acccent

How much free time you'll have in nearest months? Any events you have to attend? Any work done? May be some sleeping too?
haha, I already have vanilla and G&K, so I know what to expect :D

When does the discount end? It was 66% off on GMG last week and stacked with their 20% off voucher making it £5.66 for me ie close to 75% off. Might be worth hanging on a bit seeing as 2k are usually good with discounts
I'll wait for a bit then, thanks.

So which is better, Pac-Man championship or Galaga championship?
PMCEDX. It's not only an excellent pac-man game, it's incredibly fast-paced and addictive. I don't like Pac-Man but I love CEDX.

derExperte

!WARNING! UPLAY KEYS AHEAD THAT MAY NOT EVEN WORK

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Silent Hunter 5 Uplay -- MB-808F2E4121FBB56F - Taken by Motorbreath
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands Uplay -- MB-E5AE61A9C3B296B2 - Taken by Jawmuncher

I just remembered that I grabbed a few of those when there was a glitch on that German website. Please tell me if they still work, if yes I'll throw out more later.

FloatOn

huge-mistake-arrested-development.gif

Good morning steamgaf.

I think between my rage towards the Letho fight in Witcher 2 and my excitement over the steam sale messed my brain up. I ended up waking up at like 2:30am and couldn't go back to sleep so I said fuck it and fired up Witcher 2 again. After just a few tries I successfully beat Letho and then proceeded to play until 4am or so. Totally slept through my alarm and now I'm an hour late for work.

but anyway, are your bodies
wallets
ready for sale day?

I think my delirium may cause me to make poor purchasing decisions so I'm counting on you, yes you, to advise me in what is actually worth a damn.

erila

Neo Member
how? i dont get the whole trading card thing :(
why does anyone pay money for cards. ..

Check the badges section in Steam to find out which games you own have cards. Run those games for a few hours to get the free card drops, then list the cards on the market (only takes a few seconds, since you can check the average price from your inventory when you're listing the card). If you sell every card you get then you should make several dollars.

Cards are awesome. I only sell dupes, and am gradually completing badges thanks to booster pack drops, and I've still made enough to buy a couple of mega-cheap indie games.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Oh man, if it does work, whoever takes that Forgotten Sands key is in for a treat! I love that game, but unfortunately, it lived up to it's name.
It's platforming has such a great "flow". Jump>wallclimb>freeze>wallrun>jump>swing>freeze>wallclimb. Feels so good.

I think it's time for a replay.

Jawmuncher

Thanks for the Uplay Code DerExperte am going to try it out now to see if it works.

Damn i'm one suave mother fucker on Uplay just look at this shit
BOY_tall.png

I don't even remember making this

EDIT: My Uplay needs an update....this might be awhile.

Anteater

Thanks for the Uplay Code DerExperte am going to try it out now to see if it works.

https://uplay-avatars.s3.amazonaws.com/e193bb20-7715-46f8-96af-5c578b18c183/BOY_tall.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJS6XT7LXT5CUPXWQ&Expires=1385564705&Signature=E%2BaB%2FRMzRTHgerkG3iKlYLguivQ%3D[IMG]

I don't even remember making this[/QUOTE]

dude steam should add avatars, I would use it.

uh oh new page

Milamber

https://uplay-avatars.s3.amazonaws.com/e193bb20-7715-46f8-96af-5c578b18c183/BOY_tall.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJS6XT7LXT5CUPXWQ&Expires=1385564705&Signature=E%2BaB%2FRMzRTHgerkG3iKlYLguivQ%3D[IMG]

I don't even remember making this

EDIT: My Uplay needs an update....this might be awhile.[/QUOTE]

Wow, my uPlay avatar is pretty bangin' too...
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eanBqeM.png

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Making badges can unlock avatar items.....
Steam would be swimming in even more money.

Valve Home. A virtual world for your avatars to live in, complete with apartments where your character can play real Steam games from the comfort of their comfy couch in BPM.

Dr Dogg

Well trying to get my expectations and wallet in check as I don't think this sale is going to be anything to write home about. Even more so with all the surrounding sales as well. Though I'm more inclined to see what attached meta game is for this one. It's going to be trading card related isn't it?

derExperte

Wow, my uPlay avatar is pretty bangin' too...
http://i.imgur.com/eanBqeM.png[/IM G][/QUOTE]

How?

I ain't got no sword, best I could do...

[IMG]https://uplay-avatars.s3.amazonaws.com/27b29a42-6faf-4763-a008-015be07afcda/BOY_tall.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJS6XT7LXT5CUPXWQ&Expires=1385565383&Signature=32yG74WS7xLLaCIy9EnbH3JelMQ%3D

JaseC

Fallout 3 is an absolute steal at 2 bucks. Crazy price for that game. I'm sure most of us have played it though.

My interest quickly waned when I shot a cockroach three times and it didn't die. A cockroach. I admit, though, that I may have been quick to judge. ;)

Arthea

lookuplayeverywhere.pic

By the way things are going (snowing really bad all day) I might not get home in time for sale start, oh horror!

The_Monk

Hello good people, are we getting ready for the upcoming great day? I'm reporting in for duty with you all.

Also, that Fallout 3 for $2 is the GOTY version? Where is it, please? Every time I read that is not optimized for Win7 I fear the worst, I've been playing 2 games with GFWL and did not found any major issues as long as I opt out from the Steam Beta.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So this popped up as an ad in Steam

3IfbdrP.jpg

Not that I need help since they sell Steam cards here, but hey, nice to hear this service. First time hearing about this MOLPoint thing though.

Arthea

Hello good people, are we getting ready for the upcoming great day? I'm reporting in for duty with you all.

Also, that Fallout 3 for $2 is the GOTY version? Where is it, please? Every time I read that is not optimized for Win7 I fear the worst, I've been playing 2 games with GFWL and did not found any major issues as long as I opt out from the Steam Beta.

No, not GOTY version, GOTY is $7 or so, on gamefly, full list is on previous page

Of course...
You have a point, I only wish we had more analytic reviews, that's all.

Acccent

I wanted to show off my uPlay avatar since it apparently had adopted a disgusted pose since I last modified it, maybe because it realized it was made with such terrible software (seriously, do uPlay avatars move by themselves when you don't log in for a long time? it'd be a cool feature).

But I can't get a good picture, whenever I go to the editor it loads a crappy avatar with many elements set back to the default options. :(

It's a deal in gamefly. The goty edition is $6.49 there are more info in the previous page.

I believe there is a mod to remove gfwl from fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom