• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

They made the "combo" attacks just be mash attack until something dies so you don't have to wait to counter attack all the time anymore. Effectively though it's not all that different from 1.

zzzzzzzzzzz

it was a wise move to avoid the rest of the series I think if this is what it evolved into.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hopefully Vin Diesel does a reddit AMA or something.
If he does we should all pester him over it.

He just needs to use Tigron and buy the IP back from whoever owns it after the THQ closure, if anyone?

Then he could just put it back on Steam/GoG and be done with it.

zzzzzzzzzzz

it was a wise move to avoid the rest of the series I think if this is what it evolved into.

Nah it evolved into an open world colectathon, apparently that's what passes for open world games these days. The game focuses more on running around and picking up crap, a bit less on the combat.

Knurek

Nah it evolved into an open world colectathon, apparently that's what passes for open world games these days. The game focuses more on running around and picking up crap, a bit less on the combat.

Which is great, considering the only other contender to colectathon throne nowadays are the LEGO games.

Derrick01

Banned
I seriously don't understand how someone can hate AC4. Everything about it is so much better than 3 and its by far top 3 in best games this year.

Oh it'll be in my top 3 as well. Top 3 worst games I played this year.

Still didn't top Tomb Raider though. It really tried but it came up short, granted I'm not done yet but I don't see it getting much worse. I've already been exposed to what feels like most (if not all) of the garbage side content in this game and I've been doing the disappointing sailing stuff for at least 5 hours now.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Holy shit! Where I can find these?

Extra. Time to use those Meal Credits! It's from BoaCompra. I have no idea what "worth 12.000 golds" mean.

By the way, we're all idiots. 6% IOF on every single Steam CC purchase is a bad deal, we should be filling our wallets 100 reais at a time (1,50 tax for the transaction) and buying out of that. I might start doing that from now on.

does ass flags still have the same ol' counter attack until everything dies combat methodology?

Heh... Ass Flags...

steam-summer-seal.png

I don't get it wha.......

oh that's good

hlhbk

Still didn't top Tomb Raider though. It really tried but it came up short, granted I'm not done yet but I don't see it getting much worse. I've already been exposed to what feels like most (if not all) of the garbage side content in this game and I've been doing the disappointing sailing stuff for at least 5 hours now.

Oh Derrick how can you hate such great games?

Interfectum

Out of curiosity, what are your top 3 games of the year?

Seanspeed

Banned

I'm amazed you just don't just find a different hobby.

how are the cutscenes annoying? and why would you skip them....the whole point of playing is the actual story!

Hello opposite me!

People rating reviews down on games simply because they like or hate the game is already getting bad. Saw someone with a well written review of Dust: An Elysian Tail not recommending it, and it was already at like '1 out of 11 people found this review helpful'. Saw the same thing for one recommending FEZ.

Eminently predictable I am afraid. If I bother to do any they will be friends only.

I'm in chapter 2 of Dead Space, and so far, I'm into it! Doesn't matter that I just KNOW some necromorphs are going to be jumping out soon, I still jump a little and my heart gets racing when they do. Their screams and jumping out just do it for me.

Thanks again to the guy who recommended I play this next.

:D So glad you're enjoying it! I had the same reaction to the game. Even though I knew when most of the encounters would occur before they did, the game was so successful in creating a sense of place and atmosphere that I was anxious/nervous almost the whole time I was playing the game. Have 'fun'! :D

That Witcher 2 review is amazing.

Indeed it is :). Got a thumbs up yes from me.

I bought Euro Truck 2 from the Indie Gala store onMonday.

Too scared of start playing it for fear of my backlog cleaning getting derailed.

All your backlog games are train simulators? :/

first of all nice to meet you all... i think this is my first post on this thread... i've been only reading (lurking) a lot and really didn't have much to add... This auntumn sales i'm thinking about getting some games that are on my wish list for quite some time... Especially D&D chronicles of mystara and magical drop V ... I'm not aiming for any big game and i'm kind of short on money so i don't think i'll do any big sales (unless something that i wasn't expecting gets a high 75% discount.)

Welcome :).

See you in Hell Java Dots! Mwahaha.

wut

I expect he has re-joined and is probably amongst us with a different username though :/.

Have fun in the Sale people. Stay safe out there! [Don't get too carried away and spend too much money/buy too many games you don't really need]

tineladia

Neo Member
so a new feature on enhanced steam is that it shows if the game is in a bundle...that is really awesome.

That is awesome. I'm useless at keeping up with bundles these days. Wasted so much buying games individually, then finding out about the bundle a few days later.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
1. Bioshock Infinite

2. GTA V

3. AC IV

They may be your best 3 games of the year, but not everyone's, LOL. That's not to say that they are bad games, just not what everyone considers "the best".

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Any bad experience with it? too simple?

Actually no, I haven't played it. I just tend to err on the side of sensibleness. It seems like one of those games where if you're thinking "should I get this?" the answer is usually no. The concept of the game is amusing but if it's not immediately appealing to you then I'd hold out, it might tire quickly and with the sales coming up there's probably something else coming along you'd have a greater interest in.

I expect he has re-joined and is probably amongst us with a different username though :/.]
I have it under good authority he has registered himself as Nodbot in the hopes of people mistakenly sending him all their keys. That scoundrel!

Deadly Premonition patch is live.

Version 1.01
- Added full controller support for game.
- Added controller selector to launcher (note: controller button in launcher must be selected for controllers to work in-game).
- Enabled game to use multiple processor cores. This should improve performance and loading times on computers with multi-core processors.
- Fixed case where "All Achievements Unlocked" achievement was not unlocking for players. Players who have met the conditions will also now be awarded the achievement when they load their saved game.
- Alt button no longer pauses game.
- Fixed looping sound error when player stopped moving after stamina bar was full.
- Fixed case where car speedometers were being erratic on some computers.
- Decreased recovery time during a final event in the game. Players should find it easier to run and dodge now.
- Bug/crash fixes.

FloatOn

for curiosities sake, what are the best top 3?

(we may as well talk about something until the sale pops up)

Derrick01

Banned
Out of curiosity, what are your top 3 games of the year?

I haven't decided the order of my list yet. I'm getting kind of worried because I only have 5 games listed and while I didn't think this year was nearly as bad as 2010-2012 I had about 8 games on each of those years around this time. So I'm relying on the 3DS lineup to save things. There's nothing I really want that bad from the Steam sale either and I seriously doubt Splinter Cell will be good.

The games I have on my list, in no order right now, are

Last of Us
GTA
State of Decay
Batman Origins
Euro Truck Sim 2

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I see we have a new Saoirse Ronan avatar on the thread

image.php

....wait a second

My avatar isn't Saoirse Ronan, it is Torin the Chosen!

I doubt that most people in this thread even know who that is, LOL...

Extra. Time to use those Meal Credits! It's from BoaCompra. I have no idea what "worth 12.000 golds" mean.

By the way, we're all idiots. 6% IOF on every single Steam CC purchase is a bad deal, we should be filling our wallets 100 reais at a time (1,50 tax for the transaction) and buying out of that. I might start doing that from now on.

There is an Extra relatively near my house, I need to check if they have these wallet codes once I have time. Also looks like I can buy the codes directly from here http://www.peela.com.br/games/steam-boacompra/

I rarely use CC with Steam, I usually put some money in the Steam Wallet it's also works great as a control method to not let me go into an spending spree.

I wish I could say the same fellow GAFfer. But I can't.

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom