• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ha, My gamefly.co.uk purchase of Fall of Cybertron with a Brazilian International Credit Card registered with a United Kingom country and zip code went through.

Just registered Fall of Cybertron on my Steam account. Great!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hmph. There is no such thing as a killer spider. Any given heavy appliance in your house is far more likely to kill you.

Listen, if an Australian's appliances starts crawling up the wall and around the ceiling before falling down and biting one of our fellow gaffers as he is busy worrying about his home computer bursting into flames due to Summer heat, and then dies because the appliance's venom causes muscle convulsions and overworked sweat glands in that near-inferno temperature they live in, I'll fully agree to be more afraid of an appliance than I am a spider.

Mind you that would still be rather low on my list of things to be afraid of. I have a much more reasonable fear of my cat trying to smother me as I sleep because she thinks my head is comfortable.

xJavonta

Banned
Found out there's an xinput wrapper for the DualShock 4 and it supports rumble, lightbar, and bluetooth. But the big news is that there's also a driver that allows you to use the touchpad as well, and it supports left clicking. This is going to be great once these drivers become more mature. Greatest controller.

:lol

Really?! That's the only reason I wanted to win a Steam Machine! Well that and the controller.

Yeah that's what Valve says. But remember, Valve time lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Can't wait to check out the OS. The timing is perfect as I'm looking to build a cheap, low power htpc and being able to stream from my gaming PC would be fantastic.

Now the question is, how many years of college should I have attended to successfully install this version of linux?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Found out there's an xinput wrapper for the DualShock 4 and it supports rumble, lightbar, and bluetooth. But the big news is that there's also a driver that allows you to use the touchpad as well, and it supports left clicking. This is going to be great once these drivers become more mature. Greatest controller.

Do you have a link to this? I can't seem to find it.

Can't wait to check out the OS. The timing is perfect as I'm looking to build a cheap, low power htpc and being able to stream from my gaming PC would be fantastic.

Now the question is, how many years of college should I have attended to successfully install this version of linux?

But unless you’re an intrepid Linux hacker already, we’re going to recommend that you wait until later in 2014 to try it out.

Sounds like it's better to wait if you don't know Linux.

Grief.exe

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

If it's still an ubuntu derivate and you know how to install Windows, then the installation shouldn't be a challenge.

If anything I've found installing linux to be easier than windows these days.

Where I expect the issue to be is if you want to get things like video players working. They may not have a nice package manager running yet, so you would need to know what you are doing from there to get it all working nicely.

Fox318

ModBot said:
Instructions for Fox318:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicka -- MB-22DFFBAC8B51F81F - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom

Cheddahz

Banned
Hey guys....umm my Steam level is at 0 now and I don't know what happened, I was a level 11 or something

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it was just a glitch or something

MRORANGE

About 2 doctorates is my guess, honestly I just wiped my Ubuntu partition for the steamOS and I can't even remember what was on there besides tux racing and compiz fusion.

Hey guys....umm my Steam level is at 0 now and I don't know what happened, I was a level 11 or something.

You probably prestiged.

Grief.exe

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93402679

Wasteland 2 Beta is Available, people who contributed $55 or more get first crack.

It’s hard to believe we're finally at a place where we're ready to put a playable version of Wasteland 2 into your hands, but today's the day. What a road it has been to get here.

It has been an enlightening experience learning what is entailed with this new transparent development process. I admit it isn’t easy to release code before it’s complete, as I have hundreds of issues on my list still to be addressed, but it’s time for the next phase. All backers eligible for the beta from your original pledge (that is, any tier of $55 or more except the $60 late backer box) or an add-on can now log in to your Ranger Center account and retrieve your Steam key for the Wasteland 2 beta. You’ll find it at the bottom of your Donations page. I should also note that we've had quite a few requests to offer the game on Steam Early Access, which we will do after our backers have had first crack at it.

Grief.exe

From Wasteland 2 beta thread

A GameBanshee writer posted his impressions on the RPG Codex:
  • Jesus fuck Mark Morgan is a god. The soundtrack right now is really fucking good.
  • The combat is very good. Right now it's easily on par with the new XCOM (and plays very similarly, with a near-equivalent cover system and square grid movement), but perhaps a bit more mechanically sophisticated due to ammo types and that sort of thing. It's not Jagged Alliance or 7.62, but it's some of the best turn-based party-based combat I have played in the context of a traditional CRPG. It's also surprisingly challenging (and it got bumped up significantly over the last couple weeks once I started giving feedback).
  • Similarly, encounter design and enemy behavior in combat is solid. There is good variety in enemy weaponry and types, and different enemies have different abilities that can change how you will fight them. Right now I think that enemies could do more with stuff like area effects (grenades, toxic gas, whatever) but I don't think grenades are implemented yet, so that might be why.

ijqhXpmjsBjeV.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
what they mean by turn?

we play gam
i take turn
u at cinema watchin thor 2 darker world
i like y u no turn ???
l8r u cum hom !!! ALERT ALERT U GOT MAIL
oh its ur turn
u take turn while im zzzzz in my sleepytime
i get up in mornan ALERT ALERT U GOT MAIL