• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario ff

Banned
It seems my mod didn't get into the Top 100 voting after all, so I'm not bumping the old topic to attempt to drive traffic to it. With that I was also going to do a giveaway, but since plans have changed, I have this key left over from the last Amazon pack.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sonic Generations -- MB-6AC739C4B666B1DF - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 36 entrants total.

t1387332220z1.png

Enjoy!

Khronico

Just finished RE Revelations today. Thumbs up, fun stuff. Still don't like the enemy design, but it's a great game regardless.

And I also finished Proteus as well...

That was a thing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Before:
EeOLiVP.png

After:
g4pvIhY.png

Thoughts?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's nice.
Sadly, you can't do it for the library list, where it pisses me off the most ;)

Trust me, if I could fix that I certainly would.

jshackles

lol I just made my cake for hate plus

the hell my life's turned into

don't even want the achievement

Bachelor Brownies or the real deal?

zkylon

zkylewd
Bachelor Brownies or the real deal?
just a simple classic non-baking argie cake my brother taught me to (took me like half an hour)

it sparked some interest in me so I'll ask my grandma how she makes the cool cakes. everytime I visit her she's making a new one and has me look away because she says I'll ruin the magic :|

Derrick01

Banned
You can submit, less than 5 games, it's more of personal preference of what you thought was the best of 2013 that you have played so far.

Heck one or two people just submitted one game to the poll.

If I do it I'll probably only have 1 game since most of my real list are console exclusive games or 3DS games.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
just a simple classic non-baking argie cake my brother taught me to

it sparked some interest in me so I'll ask my grandma how she makes the cool cakes. everytime I visit her she's making a new one and has me look away because she says I'll ruin the magic :|

Best listen to your grandma, observer effect is no joke when it comes to quantum physics baking.

From the latest bundle:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-3E9E0102D67C058A - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Hero Academy Gold Pack Content Code (Non-Steam) -- MB-F83FBB1D6BE12C6A - Taken by kennah. 1 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-876DCA2DB5D0974C - Taken by ClassyPenguin. 7 entrants total.

t1387324390z1.png

It burns so well.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Little Inferno -- MB-6CC0C22B7A596B1B - Taken by nightstorm

r3n4ud

Holy crap, JBourne, thanks so much for Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage!

Didn't realize I won until now :/. So sorry for the late thanks.

MNC

Yo SteamGAF

This is basically my home

And even though 23 year olds all fucking suck

I am the one that sucks the least.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Hugs and kisses to you all

Except for the Sorcy Ronald Regan chick avatar wearing bananas. Except JaseC, the OG.

I don't do giveaways because that's fucking cheesy

ModBot said:
sexy penis:
Put your left arm in, your right arm out, do a dance little sprout, I don't even know the lines.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori -- MB-449D7372AD0ED20F - Taken by SpongeBob NoPants. 8 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 3 -- MB-93254BDD598E093D - Taken by Kirosia. 12 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-4A026647D211A22E - Taken by fozzy. 3 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-373419F86933F200 - Taken by gurm3n
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed -- MB-E3E262A821B5094A - Taken by Turfster. 33 entrants total.
EDGE, Anomaly, Osmos -- MB-554C5464A0E33EEE - Taken by Sgt.Pepper. 5 entrants total.

t1387410700z1.png

it's my birthday

I'm not a big fan of TWD episode 1. More than ever it forces you to do stupid things amongst idiots, this time without the emotional attachment.

But I think I know where they are going and I like it.

I'd say wait for more episodes because it is very much setting up new characters and it feels like half of a two part episode.

:/

You are talking about Season 2, correct? What about some Save Game issues, found any?

I don't know to be honest. My season 1 save was so messed up I don't know what my choices were supposed to be.

Either way it seems very minor to date in terms of carrying things over.

Chronoja

Tried to play Killing Floor on intermediate. I made it to the second wave. In four tries.

*image*

I really suck.

If you're playing Killing Floor and not saying " *we* made it to wave X" you're probably gonna have a bad time, coop / teamwork is key, unless of course you're playing a decently leveled class solo.

rtcn63

If you're playing Killing Floor and not saying " *we* made it to wave X" you're probably gonna have a bad time, coop / teamwork is key, unless of course you're playing a decently leveled class solo.

I'm doing solo... still level 0. It's hard to invest time without someone else to play with. Who is is as terrible as I am. And is psychotic.

derExperte

I'm doing solo... still level 0. It's hard to invest time without someone else to play with. Who is is as terrible as I am. And is psychotic.

You'll probably lose motivation before getting anywhere this way, at least turn the difficulty down, normal is no walk in a park for a beginner. Also what class are you playing?

The_Monk

I don't know to be honest. My season 1 save was so messed up I don't know what my choices were supposed to be.

Either way it seems very minor to date in terms of carrying things over.

Guess I'll end with the same luck. I played Season one on one PC then 400 DLC on a different one. I had some messed up save files during Episode 4, which was okay, I just had to repeat some thing and finish that one and Ep. 5. Then, when I moved to the DLC I found no save file and right now I can't even image how bad things will be but I'm already expecting the loss of my Choices. Wonder how much will affect the Story.

rtcn63

You'll probably lose motivation before getting anywhere this way. At least turn the difficulty down. Also what class are you playing?

Shotgun-ner. I started playing at beginner, then thought "hey, you know, I should like not suck so bad", upped the difficulty, then began to cry for a few hours.

Chronoja

Then it's not a matter of "you suck", Level 0, solo at medium difficulty will kick your ass unless you're a god. Granted enemy health and wave sizes scale depending on difficulty and player count, the extra firepower adds up. If you want to play solo lower the difficulty, max level per class is 6 so "assume" it's a higher difficulty every 1~2 levels or so but that's just a guideline.

Word of advice though, because of the scaling don't jump into coop games on higher difficulties unless the group is really good or well leveled because you joining will increase the overall difficulty but being level 0 you won't be able to contribute to fighting them off as much. I'd say many games in Killing Floor are lost due to low levels joining higher difficulties and the team buckling due to that "wasted" player as it were.

rtcn63

Then it's not a matter of "you suck", Level 0, solo at medium difficulty will kick your ass unless you're a god. Granted enemy health and wave sizes scale depending on difficulty and player count, the extra firepower adds up. If you want to play solo lower the difficulty, max level per class is 6 so "assume" it's a higher difficulty every 1~2 levels or so but that's just a guideline.

Word of advice though, because of the scaling don't jump into coop games on higher difficulties unless the group is really good or well leveled because you joining will increase the overall difficulty but being level 0 you won't be able to contribute to fighting them off as much. I'd say many games in Killing Floor are lost due to low levels joining higher difficulties and the team buckling due to that "wasted" player as it were.

So either stick to beginner, or find yourself some competent hookers to play along, but still at beginner.

Shotgun-ner. I started playing at beginner, then thought "hey, you know, I should like not suck so bad", upped the difficulty, then began to cry for a few hours.

i can add you on my family share account if you want to play. show you the ropes a bit. dodging, kiting if things go to poop, good camping spots, etc.

the main thing holding lvl 0s back is the cost of the weapons. perk bonuses are a big deal but i'd say the lack of dosh is a bigger one at lvl 0. it's easy to level up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom