• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I have and want to play 3 games that require Uplay, I'm so scared of it, I haven't even tried, even for HoMM 6 :(
Too many horror stories are loose on internets. And really... why, oh why Ubi thought it's good idea, I'll never understand.
Odin bless gog daily.

I'm actually in the same boat.

Fuck it, Ubi obviously doesn't want my money that badly. Too bad I will miss out on The Division, hopefully Destiny crosses over and fills a similar void.

Arthea

I had blasphemous idea, how much BioInf would be better if it was an adventure game, it even looks like one! I mean nicely.

Annubis

Is it better to sell holiday cards asap or keep them hoping the value picks up eventually?

I'm looking at my summer sale card and they are still worth less than dirt =/

nexen

I had blasphemous idea, how much BioInf would be better if it was an adventure game, it even looks like one! I mean nicely.

Should have been an FPRPG, then the combat would've been a bit more forgivable I think.

edit: I really like FPRPGs though.

Shepard

Nice little game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Shepard:Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-C5FF4EAF300E9B96 - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom

Dr Dogg

Even if you buy it on Steam, it will run through Uplay.

Yes but it patches correctly on Steam and avoids the useless jank and hoops Ubi makes you jump through. I'm having to manually download 3 patches from their 56k server and install them one by one on top,of each other. It's like it's the bloody 90's

UBI and EA games are pretty much console only for me now.
Pull network cord before I start playing and go with a minimum of hassle.

Well with Origin you may be selling your soul to the devil but at least EA come up with the goods. Uplay causes all the problems people still associate with PC gaming. Is a fragmented mess of a system.

Tellaerin

Hey, if Telltale can turn Borderlands into an adventure game, I imagine they could do amazing things with Bioshock Infinite. There's a lot more for them to work with, for starters.

Arthea

Should have been an FPRPG, then the combat would've been a bit more forgivable I think.

edit: I really like FPRPGs though.

I prefer third person actually, and it has RPG elements, kinda. I still think it would make a good adventure game, but then again... big devs-publishers making huge and shiny adventure game?! How ridiculous is that! :(

Hey, if Telltale can turn Borderlands into an adventure game, I imagine they could do amazing things with Bioshock Infinite. There's a lot more for them to work with, for starters.

you have a point!
I still can't believe they are making borderlands adventure game (><)

Dr Dogg

Yeah, about that, that was not my experience with Assassin's Creed 3 on Steam. uPlay client still gave me issues.

As I said it's not fit for purpose. Here's their SC Community Developers response on their own forums.

Hey guys...

So it turns out we're having some issues with the PC version and the Patch auto-Installer.

First off... this does not effect anyone who purchased the game via Steam.
Any other PC version (disc or digital) needs to MANUALLY install the patch.

That was posted in the 8th of August and guess what it's still not fixed on their end. The Steam distribution on the other hand doesn't have this issue (though there are a few others). Why they bother I don't know.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
No need to say thank you if you win, just enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hero Academy -- MB-C12D5EA68C5B804D - Taken by Gez. 15 entrants total.
Jack Lumber -- MB-B87A07674BDCCD18 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 7 entrants total.

t1387324300z1.png

Arthea

Is it better to sell holiday cards asap or keep them hoping the value picks up eventually?

I'm looking at my summer sale card and they are still worth less than dirt =/

Unless they are awards for crafting badges only, I don't see prices rising, only dropping.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Also for the person who wins Hero Academy, I jut noticed there was a Gold Pack Content code included at the bottom, so I'll send that to you in a PM.

I won't be entering, so I won't win them, can I say thank you anyway..?

Gasp, you discovered a way around my rule.
I appreciate it.

It had me at "3D action game that allows you to leap and climb through sprawling levels as a ninja rabbit".

The only thing I could ask for is the ability to mod in Usagi Yojimbo skins.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gemini Rue -- MB-88DB2F661AE357D9 - Taken by Tellaerin. 3 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-CEBE504CC2EFABEB - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.

t1387316245z1.png

Smash88

Banned
Overgrowth looks awesome, shame it's usually related to furries.

I know. I was tempted to preface my post saying I'm not a furry, but some of that fur-art is just too good.

Same not a furry, and actually find that sub-culture extremely weird, and somewhat broken, along with the whole MLP thing.

I hope this game does well, looks amazing in terms of combat techniques and modding capabilities.

Here is an LITTLE INFERNO key embedded in the post. Humble gift keys are so much more annoying than their usual keys, WHY HAVE THEY DONE THIS.

and thanks KarmaCow for Garry`s Mod. The title has evaded me for years.

Bluth54

I went to play the Walking Dead Season 1 DLC the other day but it looks like my saves disappeared when I moved over to a new hard drive.

I was really looking forward to season 2 but now I don't care as much anymore.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-D70B8C62E3D31068 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 11 entrants total.
Warlock: Masters of the Arcane -- MB-A25A2CF49A9B45D7 - Taken by sprinkles. 6 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-50BFFCFCA549F801 - Taken by theMrCravens. 21 entrants total.
FEAR 2: Project Origin -- MB-EE1D4BE8C7973FB0 - Taken by m.gorecki. 2 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-EE1D69A77CC49625 - Taken by Scipius. 5 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-D6AA191D4EAB3C01 - Taken by BadWolf. 2 entrants total.
Dead Pixels -- MB-3A18B2F1F7E3AEC8 - Taken by bkw. 7 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise -- MB-6FB5B1EC1781866A - Taken by gabrielt16. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-C4D75E537B530919 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
Lunnye Devitsy -- MB-F230DC93A0F8E97D - Taken by scorpscarx. 18 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-1F0F8E9789029DD3 - Taken by milena87. 4 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-F4288ACBE7723702 - Taken by Tolerance. 2 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-2657931DFCB13033 - Taken by Mr. Poolman. 4 entrants total.
The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb DLC -- MB-F8D269DC755F3308 - Taken by Tellaerin. 5 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-6F18E161EACA4FB1 - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-B421A61DF1529611 - Taken by Camel Master. 3 entrants total.
eXceed: Gun Bullet Children -- MB-0AB9DAA226C66248 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 9 entrants total.
Europa Universalis 3 -- MB-A357F84679A2F770 - Taken by DukeBobby. 5 entrants total.
FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-CD5DAEFDE5EC96C8 - Taken by Shambles. 4 entrants total.
Toki Tori -- MB-8BCA2E5D84C3A0A8 - Taken by user237. 5 entrants total.
Titan Quest -- MB-C91255670F35B62A - Taken by Dusk Golem. 8 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-B29E2D0084912245 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-72260F65D32908D5 - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
Depths of Peril -- MB-AF0FECC36F71811D - Taken by Jawmuncher. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-3D0BCE4D5432828B - Taken by gabrielt16. 5 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-0C186869CEEAF46C - Taken by nexen. 3 entrants total.
FEAR 3 -- MB-7E06F1B8D6E2B675 - Taken by Iseeyou. 6 entrants total.
Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold -- MB-67E10A94350E5ED7 - Taken by Eanan. 15 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-6F68CDDF593A617B - Taken by skullmuffins. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-7BAFC491C298DB95 - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-8754E1B8BFEFBB8F - Taken by ZeroCoin. 4 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-8CE43BEAD03788BA - Taken by KenOD. 6 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-58D24F0F1D856B36 - Taken by Htown. 4 entrants total.
Killing Floor -- MB-4533D4DEC2C25878 - Taken by StrongArmSteady. 5 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-FC7984034D7276B8 - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom. 11 entrants total.
The Whispered World -- MB-D2423CC0761AE62F - Taken by FauX. 5 entrants total.

t1387327000z1.png

m.gorecki

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Nice giveaway!

Entered for FEAR (2|3) and Europa Universalis

Sajjaja

Praise be to Anon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom