• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

Seems good, therefore thou shall not play.

I vaguely remember someone here panning it. I got through the training mode and it seemed like it might actually be kind of enjoyable. Then I tried to get into an online match and got a sync error, so I logged out of Steam and tried to log back on again. That's when Steam decided that I wasn't connected to the internet. o_O

Edit: And it looks like we're back in business.

Anteater

He really is the Giveaway Jesus.

LWWlg1k.jpg

kiguel182

Does anybody here tried playing Super Meat boy with the new dual shock?

The pc controller I had broke and since I'm getting the PS4 I wouldn't need a new one.

Wow that's kind of incredible, so every purchase nets me $5 credit?

Yes. The way it's worked in the past is that they don't stack. But if you do complain and act ignorant and a customer rep is generous they would combine it into one big credit for you. Not that I've tried the latter.

adding this in:

From now through December 31, 2013, purchase anything from the Digital Games Store and get a $5 promotional credit to spend in the month of January on Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 (Editor's Choice titles will be selected in the coming weeks). Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January 2014.

As with previous years, the coupons won't stack.

Faabulous

Someone from this thread recommended me AI War. Thank you for that. This game is pretty fucking awesome, I'm having a blast. If anyone is interested in RTS's, definetely try this out.

Copons

So apparently yesterday I went to sleep 2 minutes before JaseC's vengeance giveaway.
Goddammit time zones!

But apparently I wasn't interested in anything, and now I feel like the upcoming sales could be useless to me and I'm scared, because: useless sale = life has no meaning anymore. :'(

Also

Half-Life 3 confirmed.

image.php

I just realized that the whole Assassins Creed series came after HL2:EP2 and there's 6 full-blown AC titles...

Not sure to laugh or cry.

Don't forget the yearly CoDs, the Mass Effect trilogy (with a 4th one announced), Uncharted trilogy (with a 4th one announced), 2 GTAs, 2 Fallouts (with a new one possibly being announced soon), 2 Halos (with a new one announced), Diablo 3, SC 2 etc

it's bumming me out more then it should at this point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jczk-nF3gHA

Can I go back to indiegala and increase my amount to get the BTA or am I dead ?

From the FAQ at the base of the page:

Yes. To unlock (upgrade) your purchase, you must do another transaction on your personal account, this means you must do another transaction on your profile using the same email address and WITHOUT checking the "Is it a gift" link because gift transactions don't upgrade your personal account.

wazoo

Here you go

ModBot said:
Instructions for wazoo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Alien Spidy -- MB-55475963F3CB1706 - Taken by drizzle
Dollar Dash -- MB-CC8CDFF531233ACA - Taken by Spawn
Dirt 2 -- MB-F6D62A5815CB25AE - Taken by jediyoshi
Hard Reset Extended -- MB-3E135E08A4D03A57 - Taken by Robert J. Sullivan
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-25771247C041E818 - Taken by fantomena
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-3CC7E169E32C62A4 - Taken by Camel Master

Anyone have a spare copy of The Ship? Wanted to play with a friend :(

This is against the thread rules. Please read the OP, for your sake [and ours].

So how does Modbot work anyway? At first I thought it was just a mod but I've seen it post before. Someone explain plox.

This is also in the OP.

A friendly pointer to a happy GAF life: not reading the OP is frowned upon here. You have not reached full member status yet so any ban would be a permaban. It's in your interests to always read the OP but it's your choice.

Please don't flame me here *snip*

You raise a valid concern.

smh at some of the initial responses though. Fortunately, more level headed responses soon drowned out the ad hominem posts.

I used to read every single post in these threads but just have to scan them now :(.

When I do big giveaways I always include the "PMTHANKS" rule, which asks people not to clutter the thread and instead to PM the giver with thanks.

Maybe Stump can make this rule make its message at the very top of the post in red highlight. I guess that still wouldn't force people to use it (or read it), though.

Many don't read the text that goes with the ModBot listing in their rush to hoover up free stuff :/. Your giveaway and the avalanche of 'thanks' posts is a prime example.

So apparently yesterday I went to sleep 2 minutes before JaseC's vengeance giveaway.
Goddammit time zones!

But apparently I wasn't interested in anything, and now I feel like the upcoming sales could be useless to me and I'm scared, because: useless sale = life has no meaning anymore. :'(

Enter Copons to cheer me up :D.

Anustart

Trying to start a new game is like pulling teeth. The same can be said about my tv viewing habits. I just don't like to start new things :/

I'll look at my steam library forever, then because I 'can't' find anything, I'll just turn on super hexagon, plants vs zombies or something and not start a game I've yet to try.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Trying to start a new game is like pulling teeth. The same can be said about my tv viewing habits. I just don't like to start new things :/

I'll look at my steam library forever, then because I 'can't' find anything, I'll just turn on super hexagon, plants vs zombies or something and not start a game I've yet to try.

I have the same problem, so here's what I'm doing: I look at my Badge List, see which games I didn't play that still have Card Drops, and I start playing them. It's usually one card every 40 minutes, so, depending on how many cards you have to drop, that's like 2-4 hours per game.

I found some real stinkers (oh god Guncraft and Nuclear Dawn) and some Forgotten Gems (Fortix 2!) that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom