• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioHazard

Joe Molotov said:
Looking at my community page, Biohazard bought it and got 8 out of 12 of the achievements in 0.6 hours. :lol

Haha yeah they are pretty easy. The game is definitely so much more fun with a mouse, I have it on my iPhone as well. So it's a pretty fun little game for 5 bucks, one game mode, like 8 or so levels, and leaderboards/achievements, but def better with the mouse, still the right balance of challenging and addicting haha.

Twig

Banned
Zen Bound was a PC game long before it was an iOS game.

Before iOS even really existed, I think. My memory that far back all kind of blurs together, though, so I could be wrong.

Does anyone know when the thanksgiving sale is going to start?

I've been smart and bought everything that I could think of so that now Steam can't trick me into buying more stuff when the big sales roll around.

toasty_T said:
Does anyone know when the thanksgiving sale is going to start?

I've been smart and bought everything that I could think of so that now Steam can't trick me into buying more stuff when the big sales roll around.

That'll show em!

Anyone who was looking at this "Clones" game that came out yesterday, there's a demo on their website:
http://clonesgame.com/download-demo

Haven't tried it yet.

Mr_Zombie

Wow, this new "Recommended for you" feature is weird. Based on my recent playtime in "Deus Ex" Steam recommended me.... "VVVVVV". :lol

Baha

Mr_Zombie said:
Wow, this new "Recommended for you" feature is weird. Based on my recent playtime in "Deus Ex" Steam recommended me.... "VVVVVV". :lol

It's probably based on "people who bought x also bought y".

jnXN5.png

Can't see myself using this feature- I usually talk to the people I trust about game recommendations. Not browse Amazon style.

GWX

Shaneus said:
Super Meat Boy out yet? I bet not... :/

November 30th.

edit:
Twig said:
No, but soon.

Supposed to be able to pre-order it for ten bucks instead of the full fifteen, but I can't find anywhere to do that. Not even at the Super Meat Boy website! (I may or may not be blind.)

Preorders start November 23rd on Steam.

Twig

Banned
Shaneus said:
Super Meat Boy out yet? I bet not... :/
No, but soon.

Supposed to be able to pre-order it for ten bucks instead of the full fifteen, but I can't find anywhere to do that. Not even at the Super Meat Boy website! (I may or may not be blind.)

Hmm

COD: World at War complete and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit complete were added to the registry. Either these two will receive a price reduction or its possible Valve is getting ready for their Thanksgiving sale. Also Shogun 2 Press beta was added to the registry.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
LovingSteam said:
Hmm

COD: World at War complete and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit complete were added to the registry. Either these two will receive a price reduction or its possible Valve is getting ready for their Thanksgiving sale. Also Shogun 2 Press beta was added to the registry.

Hot pursuit complete? The new one isn't even on steam ffs :/

Nabs

Twig said:
No, but soon.

pre-order this tuesday. the game will be out on the 30th

Visualante said:
Can't see myself using this feature- I usually talk to the people I trust about game recommendations. Not browse Amazon style.

I bet it'll come in handy during those massive sales.

evlcookie said:
Hot pursuit complete? The new one isn't even on steam ffs :/

Hmm, I confused Hot Pursuit with Shift. No, I don't think its the old one. Isn't the old one called Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit? This is just Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. Perhaps its coming and EA Just doesn't want to say so right now in order to get people to purchase it elsewhere.

confused

Banned
Team Fortress 2 just updated :

Team Fortress 2
Added the "Team Spirit" paint can.
Added Telltale Games items:
Dangeresque, Too?: Strong Bad's styling glasses (equipped by the Demoman)
License to Maim: Max's Badge (equipped by all classes)
The Iron Curtain: The Heavy's first love (equipped by the Heavy, obviously)
The Enthusiast's Timepiece: Tycho's favorite timepiece (equipped by the Spy)
Updated some item capabilities:
Employees badges can now have custom names.
The Stickybomb Jumper can now be gift wrapped.
The Spine-Chilling Skull and Voodoo Juju hats are now paintable.
Improved the Spine-Chilling Skull and Voodoo Juju hat positions on the Sniper.
Added the original Ubersaw taunt to the Vita-Saw.
Fixed an issue that prevented the game from running on Fat32 systems.
Fixed a problem with the Sackston Hale achievement sometimes not being awarded correctly.
Fixed the holiday gamestartup sound files being included in the random startup selection after the holiday is over.
Fixed numerous WebAPI issues.
Fixed a Heavy exploit that let him run at full speed while shooting.
Fixed a Frontier Justice exploit that let Engineers have infinite crits for their current life/round.
Fixed the shotgun reload animations for the Soldier/Pyro/Heavy looping endlessly.
Fixed the Medigun charge percent for other players being steppy.
Fixed not being able to light arrows after the first arrow is fired unless they're drawn back.
Updated the localization files

Rufus

LovingSteam said:
Some folks have access to the client registry tool which is what Valve uses to add new games to their system ;)
So, you love Steam so much that you basically, well, stalk it?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
John said:
man i am so glad they put in this community reviewing/tweeting feature
The potential for passive aggressive recommendations is pretty vast. "Oh, I see you have Prince of Persia 08. I think you would also like this game."

edit: Nevermind, it looks like they apply across your entire friends list. That could get kind of spammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom