• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

AcridMeat said:
I sure hope we get a week of sales starting tomorrow. I loved waking up to the new daily deals over summer, even if I wasn't buying anything.
During the sales I got the WORST sleep. I'd wake up at 4am almost automatically, check my phone, walk to my PC if there was something worth buying (as if it wasn't going to be there when I woke up properly) :lol

Shaneus said:
During the sales I got the WORST sleep. I'd wake up at 4am almost automatically, check my phone, walk to my PC if there was something worth buying (as if it wasn't going to be there when I woke up properly) :lol
:lol :lol :lol me too :(

K.Sabot said:
I hate his new avatar because it made me think he died for a moment.

Ahh, Well, he's looking better than ever

1276260325_goodman-290.jpg

LovingSteam said:
Ahh, Well, he's looking better than ever

1276260325_goodman-290.jpg
rofl saw john goodman without recognizing the tab i was in and this perked my interest. this avatar is quite old actually, i had it for about 3 years and part of my hayday on neogaf but i started to get bored looking at a picture of myself. changed it, and now... well nothing wrong with a classic!

but yes steam is going to come at the wost time for your bank account and you will love it

IrishNinja

cannot wait for steam thanksgiving/christmas sales; my wishlist is bound to see some action. i was pleased with my haul on the 4th of july, this should be great.
any chance of seeing Fallout: NV @ $30 or less?

IrishNinja said:
cannot wait for steam thanksgiving/christmas sales; my wishlist is bound to see some action. i was pleased with my haul on the 4th of july, this should be great.
New vegas is actually 34.99 on direct2drive as I post this lol

Edit: beaten by mere seconds lol

I'll probably never use d2d since they sell shit all to Australia.

My holiday wishlist includes

Recettear <$10
New Vegas <$30
GTAIV Complete <$10
AssCreed2 and SC:Conviction <$5

I'm bound to snatch up more but my list is nowhere near as long as my one from last year which is was my first holiday sale.

Shaneus

Having just picked up a decent video card, I'm kinda keen to get into Crysis... am I correct in saying that it goes on sale fairly frequently? It's currently $29.95 here in AU for both Crysis and Warhead, just wondering if I should wait another few days (Black Friday is this w/e I think) or just jump in now.

I'm sure I've seen it on sale for $15 before. You're best off postponing everything you intend on buying full price for a while.

Unless you have money to burn.

Shaneus

Yeah, I'll hold out... cheers guys! I have Far Cry to keep me occupied anyway... was on GOG last w/e for $7.

On another note, did that Steam move thing to my new RAID array... and it's downloading Company of Heroes (all three of them!) all over again. Something's definitely screwy because it says it's exactly the same percentage through getting all three. I hope it's an error and it just downloads one instance (even though it shouldn't even need to do *that*) but I fear the worst.

Worst being I have to download a few gig on an unlimited plan :lol

Nabs

Salaadin said:
How does Assasins Creed 1 and 2 hold up on PC? Im thinking about them if they end up on sale.
Check the high res screenshots thread for some AC2 pics (last page). I played a bit of AC1 on my PC and it ran / played perfectly fine with my 360 pad.

Salaadin said:
How does Assasins Creed 1 and 2 hold up on PC? Im thinking about them if they end up on sale.

They're gorgeous on PC. Assassin's Creed 2 unfortunately has the UBI "must be online to play" DRM, but I personally didn't have any problems.

Dunlop

MomoPufflet said:
Don't buy Crysis on Steam-- the DRM is terrible.

I purchased the Ultimate edition or whatever it was called during the boxing week sales, awesome game and no issues with DRM whatsoever. Of course I have only used it on that specific PC

Salaadin

Nabs said:
Check the high res screenshots thread for some AC2 pics (last page). I played a bit of AC1 on my PC and it ran / played perfectly fine with my 360 pad.

OMFG thats gorgeous. I want to buy it just to look at it now :lol

videotape said:
They're gorgeous on PC. Assassin's Creed 2 unfortunately has the UBI "must be online to play" DRM, but I personally didn't have any problems.
That shouldnt be an issue for me either since Im always online. Might be a pain if I ever lose the internet but that rarely happens to me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Visualante said:
Crysis also has 3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™
5 machine activation limit. Far Cry 2's is even worse.
What is Far Cry 2's DRM? I have installed it a number times but if I run out of activations like I did on Crysis I am going to be fucking pissed.

Zizbuka

Banned
IrishNinja said:

You should get Vampire: Bloodlines from GOG. It's cheaper and complete DRM free...... you know for the future and all.

stuminus3

Shaneus said:
Something's definitely screwy because it says it's exactly the same percentage through getting all three. I hope it's an error and it just downloads one instance (even though it shouldn't even need to do *that*) but I fear the worst.
There's nothing wrong here, there aren't actually 3 seperate installs for CoH and it's expansions, it downloads all 3 at once as one package. You can't install them separately. Steam just presents it in a weird way.

IIRC same thing happens with F.E.A.R (example off the top of my head).

Minsc

Gold Member
Zizbuka said:
You should get Vampire: Bloodlines from GOG. It's cheaper and complete DRM free...... you know for the future and all.

If Bloodlines ever goes on sale on Steam again, someone better made an entire thread about it, sometimes it feels like half of GAF is waiting to buy that game still :lol

Totally worth it at $20, but if it takes a sale to get everyone to buy it, I hope it shows up sometime during the holidays!

Schlomo

Salaadin said:

AC1 runs pretty poorly. It looks great, but the frame rate is very uneven. I should have limited the frame rate to 30, but sadly I only found out how to do that after I finished it.

AC2 on the other hand is a really great port, even with 8x AA and everything maxed it's almost constant 60 fps. The stupid DRM also didn't give me any trouble.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Minsc said:
If Bloodlines ever goes on sale on Steam again, someone better made an entire thread about it, sometimes it feels like half of GAF is waiting to buy that game still :lol

Totally worth it at $20, but if it takes a sale to get everyone to buy it, I hope it shows up sometime during the holidays!
I'm one of those waiters :lol :lol :lol Its so hard when you know how much Steam puts stuff on sale.
I hope they drop the price of the Orange Box as well, so I can finally get my brother his own account for TF2 and stuff

Salaadin

Minsc said:

If it isnt on sale this Thanksgiving or Xmas, Im just giving in and buying it for 20 bucks. Im so stupid for waiting as it is but Steam has put me into this "dont buy PC games for more than 13 bucks" mindset.

Im so tempted to buy New Vegas from D2D and activate on steam but 30 bucks is 3+ games during Steam sales so Im holding off like an idiot.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Wolf Akela said:
tumblr_lbcj3lBbhD1qz4arlo1_500.jpg

Guilty as charged. :lol
That is great.

Fortunately, the only game I'm looking for this holiday is Just Cause 2.

The only way I buy anything else, is if the 1C collection goes for sub-$50.

If memory serves the black Friday sale last year started on Thanksgiving and lasted 5 days (the last day being Monday). Then the Holiday sale proper started on Decmber 18th and ran until January 3rd I believe. This year could be different though.

thundr51

this will be the first year that I'll actually have a machine capable of running anything on steam and all I really want is ES4: Oblivion goty pack. I have a feeling it probably won't be on sale because it's old, but i'll be checking.

Baha

thundr51 said:
this will be the first year that I'll actually have a machine capable of running anything on steam and all I really want is ES4: Oblivion goty pack. I have a feeling it probably won't be on sale because it's old, but i'll be checking.

It's gone on sale at least twice this year, so I think it'll either be discounted or go on sale again during the thanksgiving or Christmas sale.

thundr51 said:
Practically every title will have some sort of discount, with many appearing in the daily deals. I'm not guaranteeing that it will go on sale, but if it doesn't, it's not because it's old. It was actually on sale for about 8 bucks several months back for QuakeCon.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
:/ Poker Night hasn't launched yet. Last Night it said it would unlock in 9 hours? This Morning? 8 Hours! DAMN YOU VALVE TIME!

kamspy

I just did a head count.

23 games from lasts years Black Friday and X-Mas sale that I haven't even installed.

/what

I wasn't exactly swimming in disposable income at the time either.

/fuckme

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
randomwab said:
Wait, there's a sale coming? When? What? I have no money in my bank account!

Basically between this week and the first of January there are going to be a ton of sales.

iam220

Here's mine:

Arma2 arrowhead: < $10
DCS blackshark : < $15
Fallout new Vegas: < $30
Just Cause 2 : < $10
Napoleon TW: < $10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom