• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
DennisK4 said:
Bloodlines.

I have been looking at that fucking $19.95 price for ages.

Just pisses me off that a game that old is still 20 bucks.
Well apparently, this game is actually worth $20. I wouldn't know, just going on what I've heard.

Getting an error when I try to pre-purchase Meat Boy:

Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again.

What the..

Haeleos

Air Zombie Meat said:

Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again.

What the..

Same.

ithorien

Air Zombie Meat said:

What the..

My Steam crashed during the transaction, but I have it on my list.

Check your library just to be sure?

Psy-Phi

Bought Meat Boy just fine, was in such a hurry I didn't even realize it was a pre-purchase :(. Will stave off the desire to run home immediately until next Tuesday.

ithorien said:
My Steam crashed during the transaction, but I have it on my list.

Check your library just to be sure?

Not in the library, the error comes up at the very first part of the transaction.

Haeleos said:

Well, at least it's not just me. I'm in the UK by the way.

edit: bah, now it's just saying this: There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance.

Oh well, I'll try again later.

JADS

Rubezh said:
What is the online co-op system exactly? Is it integrated with Steam friends?

It has matchmaking (It seems that no one is playing the game :() and you can invite friends from steam to play a private game. Pretty cool and awesome stuff, bit sad that it wasn't there during release.

New additions

<Lovingste> new additions
<Lovingste> mount and blade warband 6 pack
<Lovingste> grand theft auto liberty cities pack
<Lovingste> red fcation guerrilla 8 pack
<Lovingste> splinter cell convction 6 pack
<Milabrega> wait, thanksgiving sales are up already?
<Lovingste> just cause 2 8 pack
<Lovingste> world of goo 12 pack
<Lovingste> recettear items shop 8 pack
<Lovingste> alien vs predator 6 pack
<Lovingste> braid 10 pack

BTW, if you don't want me to continue updating let me know. some may want to be surprised.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Stallion Free said:
I'm waiting until SMB goes up to the full 15$ to buy it because he is the kind of indie dev I want to support the shit out of.

buy it for ten dollars and send them a donation, they'll get more out of it and you'll probably get a personalized email or merchandise or some shit in return.

Nabs

Stallion Free said:
I'm waiting until SMB goes up to the full 15$ to buy it because he is the kind of indie dev I want to support the shit out of.
o/*

i bought super meat boy #1 for 10 bucks on his store, i've done my part!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm going to double dip on SMB so I guess Team Meat is getting $20* from me. :3

*Excluding obvious XBLA/Steam royalties. So maybe closer to $12 or something?

vocab

Blah. Steam anit letting me pre order SMB.

"Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again."

good one guys

ArjanN

LovingSteam said:
New additions

<Lovingste> new additions
<Lovingste> mount and blade warband 6 pack
<Lovingste> grand theft auto liberty cities pack
<Lovingste> red fcation guerrilla 8 pack
<Lovingste> splinter cell convction 6 pack
<Milabrega> wait, thanksgiving sales are up already?
<Lovingste> just cause 2 8 pack
<Lovingste> world of goo 12 pack
<Lovingste> recettear items shop 8 pack
<Lovingste> alien vs predator 6 pack
<Lovingste> braid 10 pack

BTW, if you don't want me to continue updating let me know. some may want to be surprised.

Heh, already own all of those.

Oh, and please continue updating.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for LovingSteam for bringing us all info about the crazy packs, they look so damn crazy i can't help but feel they are some sort of mistake on Valve's part then again....

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Super Meat Bought!

Now it's the waiting game. For both the Black Friday deals and SMB release.

Ok, so I guess this is the year of Steam NeoGAF gathering sales? Because who the hell has 8-10 friends to share a game? :D

People are just going to buy and sell the keys for profit after the sale, aren't they?

kswiston

kamspy said:
As a dude with limited funds at the moment, these packs don't excite me very much.:(

I just want a cheap digital copy of Alpha Protocol.

Alpha Protocol is on Sale for $15 on GamersGate. I'd imagine that Steam will have it for that price or lower during one of the two upcoming sales.

Weenerz

Banned
Do we know what the cost will be per person in the Splinter Cell Conviction 6 person pack? I guess I'll get it then. DRM be damned.

Shaneus

Everyone get on JC2. After I upgraded my PC and playing with all options on high/very high it looks amazing. Grappling a guy to the back of your motorcycle and riding around is priceless :lol

8 and 12 player packs? For single player games? That seems really odd. I understand it for multiplayer games but it really doesn't make sense here. Does it maybe mean that it's part of a bigger pack instead of an 8-pack by itself?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
SalsaShark said:
Nope, im in South America and i dont get the Rockstar games for example.
FYI, we actually have Episodes from Liberty City available (the only R* game, so I'm guessing it's a mistake xD),

drizzle

Axel Hertz
TheFightingFish said:
8 and 12 player packs? For single player games? That seems really odd. I understand it for multiplayer games but it really doesn't make sense here. Does it maybe mean that it's part of a bigger pack instead of an 8-pack by itself?
Hey, that makes total sense. Much more sense than a 12 pack for Just Cause 2.

kswiston

gotee12 said:
Do we know yet how much the packs will be? What have they been in the past?

Past 4-packs have typically been 20-30% cheaper per unit then the price of a single game. Brand new games are usually 30 something dollars instead of $50. If they start releasing 8-12 packs, maybe the volume discount will be larger?

BuddhaRockstar said:
Super Meat looks fun but I know as an indie game on Steam it will be down to $2 or pay what you want in like 2 months :lol
It's Super Meat Boy (SMB for short). And it is teh eveolution of the original free flash game on PC through Newgrounds called "Meat Boy" before it hit XBLA. No, I dont think it will be "just a regular ol' indie game" that drops down to $2... because it's not, it's eveolved into much more than that.

-It had an amazing release on XBL Arcade... so amazing that the developers (Team Meat) cut a deal with Microsoft to release the game at a sale price of 10 bucks (800 MS, down from 1200MS). This was historic because it was the first time a game was ever released on Xbox Live Marketplace at a discounted price.

-Team Meat were even able to build a system into the game where they could bypass the "customer having to pay for DLC because MS will charge the devs for Title Updates" thing, by adding a scripting mechanism into the game that allowed the developer to add new 20-level worlds at their leisure. So far 2 20-level worlds have been released already for free, they are amazing and there are at least 3 more whole worlds to come.

TL;DR: Check out the official Super Meat Boy Thread if you haven't already.

one of us. one of us. one of us. :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd probably be in for some cheap Puzzle Quest 2 action if others want in on the 10 pack. I might also nab Blur, The Last Remnant, Dead Rising 2, or Tomb Raider Underworld if they were under $10 (if they all were I wouldn't be able to get all, and it'd suck), but I mostly just want DA:O Ultimate for $25 or less. If I got that, I would probably just get one other game for cheap. Money is tight these days.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Cuban Legend said:
-Team Meat were even able to build a system into the game where they could bypass the "customer having to pay for DLC because MS will charge the devs for Title Updates" thing, by adding a scripting mechanism into the game that allowed the developer to add new 20-level worlds at their leisure. So far 2 20-level worlds have been released already for free, they are amazing and there are at least 3 more whole worlds to come.
Didn't they say that the xbox free levels won't show up on the PC version (I think it's called "Teh Internets"?), but that since there's a level editor, somebody would be able to build them?

That kind of sucks.

LovingSteam said:
There will be 6 indie packs. Each will have about 4-5 games and look pretty good.
Depends how they are structured but that sounds like too many. Especially for those of us who own one or two of the games in a pack already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom