• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys this is dumb. If someone posts a deal from a competitor to help someone there is nothing wrong with that. A lot of time there is nothing to discuss about Steam anyway. The only thing craping up the thread is the discussion of posting non-Steam sales.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Toma said:
Really. So annoying this guy. What was his name? Toma? Awful. On the blacklist with him.

Well, I wouldn't have been nearly as harsh, but that doesn't mean the criticism is without merit. It makes it hard to take the criticism seriously, I'll agree with you on that.

Schmattakopf said:
If there was any thread derailment, it was people complaining about what you posted.

And now it's being derailed because of people complaining about people complaining.

BobsRevenge said:
Yeah, definitely. I mean, if you don't like it I can only imagine you have some kind of unhealthy attachment to Valve or something.
LovingSteam said:
Guys this is dumb. If someone posts a deal from a competitor to help someone there is nothing wrong with that. A lot of time there is nothing to discuss about Steam anyway. The only thing graphing up the thread is the discussion of posting non-Steam sales.

Agreed.

morningbus

snack said:
Is there going to be a sale today? Or is it later this week?

People are expecting a sale to begin either on Thanksgiving or Black Friday. I don't think there has been a direct confirmation of that though.

kswiston

snack said:
Is there going to be a sale today? Or is it later this week?

I think everyone is hoping for today, but no one knows? I guess we will find out shortly.

I took the fact that there was no midweek sale as a good sign

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
kswiston said:
I think everyone is hoping for today, but no one knows? I guess we will find out shortly.

I took the fact that there was no midweek sale as a good sign

Wasnt the midweek sale put online a bit later last week as well? I remember some people complaining that it should have been up when they were expecting it but it came a few hours late, didnt it?

Moobabe

snack said:
Oh, okay. Thanks guys!

What games are you guys hoping will be on sale?

All I'm looking for is Dragon Age: Ultimate - the problem with steam sales is buying shit I don't want just because it's cheap :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Moobabe said:
All I'm looking for is Dragon Age: Ultimate - the problem with steam sales is buying shit I don't want just because it's cheap :(

I think its not that unlikely that it will. In case it doesn't -> Amazon.com offers the downloadable version of DA:OU for 39,99$ which you can buy from anywhere in the world.

Couldn't help it. But I am playing by the "official" rules now, so hopefully no bitching this time.

morningbus

Moobabe said:

Via the Digital Deals Thread:

krzy123 said:
I thought this was a major deal at impulse:
DA:Ultimate $25 http://www.impulsedriven.com/daultimate

I'd be surprised if it went much cheaper than that. I'm not sure how long Impulse's sale is for, but keep it in mind if DA doesn't go significantly cheaper.

Edit: Curses! Beaten.

Toma

gregor7777 said:
:lol

Steam has truly become the face of PC gaming. This is, in essence, the PC gaming (software) OT.

Yup. Well you cant help it. Its pretty damn good. Btw, does Impulse or GOG (or any of the others) have any user statistics? Or is there any comparison for them regarding users, bought games etc?

Hey, LovingSteam, can you check the Steam registers if they will be adding Crash Time 4: The Syndicate (Alarm für Cobra 11: Das Syndikat in German) soom? The game was just released in German by DPT, but would only be out in UK next year. Steam has part 2 and 3 in its catalog.

Moobabe

AnkhWeasel said:
Uhh. So I know this is the worst possible time to post this, given the last couple of pages, but I just got an email from Impulse with Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition at $24.97 - 50% off.

Not that that's any good to me, they don't even sell it to Australians. I'll totally bite if Steam matches that, too!

It's not available in my region - thanks anyway though

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
clip said:
Where the heck are the Thanksgiving sales? :(

Steam's actually doing a reverse sale; they're doubling the price of every game and changing their DRM policy so that you only have 7 days to download a game after which you need to pay full price to download again.

Also RailWorks DLC is the only thing that's going to be released on Steam from now to the end of time

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You think they're going to do any of those crazy sales where it only lasts a couple hours? I'd be pissed if I missed DA:O Ultimate because it was only on sale during the time family and friends were over for dinner.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Stumpokapow said:
Steam's actually doing a reverse sale; they're doubling the price of every game and changing their DRM policy so that you only have 7 days to download a game after which you need to pay full price to download again.

Also RailWorks DLC is the only thing that's going to be released on Steam from now to the end of time
I have been waiting for years for Vampire Masquerade:Bloodlines to hit $40.

Toma

Dice said:
You think they're going to do any of those crazy sales where it only lasts a couple hours? I'd be pissed if I missed DA:O Ultimate because it was only on sale during the time family and friends were over for dinner.

Steam ever did that?

snack

Stumpokapow said:

Wait, what?

Joe Molotov

OMG, stuff is starting to go on sale, hold me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruse is 33% off.
Deus Ex Collection is $4.99 (or 2.49 each)
Borderlands is $9.99.

Spwn

Salaadin said:
Is Deus Ex good? What about the sequel? I never played either.

1) Yes, very good.
2) Avoid. I should've done the same.
3) You are a bad person, but fortunately that can be fixed.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I <3 Memes said:
Counter Strike Source is 75% off right now. Anybody who has even wanted to play the greatest multiplayer FPS can get it now for $5.
Battlefield has a discount too? [/sarcasm]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom