• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Shambles said:
I've often heard of people speak wel of Duex Ex but have never played it myself, is it still worth picking up or has it not aged well?
It still shits on pretty much every modern game from great heights. If it's "too old" for you then you should just give up games or something.
Salaadin said:
Are there any texture packs or anything to bring Deus Ex up some or is it best played as is??
Texture packs and graphical mods (bloom) look like shit in Deus Ex. Just grab these two:

http://kentie.net/article/dxguide/

http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/

and enjoy that shit classic style.

Salaadin

Holding off on Alpha Protocol for now.

Are there any texture packs or anything to bring Deus Ex up some or is it best played as is??

duckroll

Diomedeskun said:
Strange, I just bought Alpha Protocol and Steam confirmed the purchase, but it kicked me off afterwards and I cant log back in.

That's part of the game. Alpha Protocol has just been initiated. You're on your own agent.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Linkzg said:
did you invest in stealth? I think my tactic involved patience, running away, and going invisible. the ways you had to take them down certainly looked silly. Like, one boss fight was won by running in circles and having the boss get confused by a ledge.
The Russian boss was painful with Stealth maxed (BECAUSE STEALTH KO'S DON'T WORK ON BOSSES) and melee was just tedious and so it made the boss really painful for me.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
"Every day, 30 people get the top 5 games on their wishlist"

Time to make a wishlist filled with expensive games!

Salaadin said:
Holding off on Alpha Protocol for now.

just get a separate renderer and you should be fine. (a link to one: http://kentie.net/article/d3d10drv/)

it has a lot options for addition effects, but I think Deus Ex 1 looks fine if you just perfect the image quality and give it proper widescreen.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Archie said:
"Every day, 30 people get the top 5 games on their wishlist"

Time to make a wishlist filled with expensive games!
:eek:

So, who feels like playing some Multiplayer ProtoGalaxy?

I don't know, but I'm not expecting much from this sale. Valve can't go all out this weekend as that would diminish the impact of the holiday sale in December. I don't remember the sale last year having jaw dropping deals.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
You can rank items in your wishlist now, btw. I wonder if the contest covers preorders. *Puts Portal 2 and The Witcher 2 in the top spots just in case*

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Alpha protocol is $12.50 in the AUS store. Boooo!

I take it borderlands isn't the goty version? Kinda eh then. Might wait until xmas.

Edgeward

Since we're on the topic of discussing Alpah Protocol, what are the essential skills I should put my points into to make the combat as least frustrating as possible?

Can anyone confirm on any Borderlands DLC deal? I would like to go past 58 now that I've played the game to death and want some new missions.

Joe Molotov

My Top 5, just cuz.

top_5.jpg

Volcynika

Edgeward said:
Since we're on the topic of discussing Alpah Protocol, what are the essential skills I should put my points into to make the combat as least frustrating as possible?

Can anyone confirm on any Borderlands DLC deal? I would like to go past 58 now that I've played the game to death and want some new missions.

DLC is still full price.

Edgeward said:

Invest your skill points in at least one gun, pistol if you really want to be stealthy. Ignore hand to hand combat, it's only useful for take downs and putting skill points in that doesn't make those any easier.

Instro

Lasthope106 said:
I don't know, but I'm not expecting much from this sale. Valve can't go all out this weekend as that would diminish the impact of the holiday sale in December. I don't remember the sale last year having jaw dropping deals.

Not true, there were some great deals last year as well. The holiday sale is much bigger version of this sale, but the daily deals are definitely worth jumping on, because even if they show up again in the holiday sale the prices will likely be the same.

Anyway some good deals today, indie game pack is totally worth it, I own a couple of those Galcon Fusion is pretty awesome. Borderlands and Prototype are also recommended.

Im eying Sam & Max and Alpha Protocol, worth it?

Archie said:
You can rank items in your wishlist now, btw. I wonder if the contest covers preorders. *Puts Portal 2 and The Witcher 2 in the top spots just in case*

Everybody who can put Bloodlines in your wishlist do it now!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Salaadin said:
Thanks for the renderer links guys.

How do I change my wishlist order? I can sort by rank but not change the actual rank.

You're not signed in.

Yes, I know you signed in, but look up. You're not signed in. You have to sign in twice to edit your wishlist.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Come on, I know two dozen of you have already implus bought the Indy pack, who is up for some ProtoGalaxy! I have no clue how the game is, but its muliplayer and looks fun. My steam ID if you can't guess it is Drkirby.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Schmattakopf said:
I swear I stopped checking Steam/GAF as soon as the sales started.

I would buy that indie pack but I own 3/5.

Still cheaper to buy the pack for 5$ than the 2 remaining individual games. :D

Shaneus

Aaaand already I can see that Australians are getting fucked over. Do we have an official thread for this sale or can someone post the US prices? I know at least Alpha Protocol is half the price o/s than here.

As usual, I'm going to spend more time praying for gifting and navigating around PayPal than actually buying shit.

Teknoman

Salaadin said:
These packs are practically made for gaf and other forums. They arent bad at all.

Borderlands is great on PC too. I only recently started playing it again but I got it mostly maxed at 1920x1080 and MLAA and its damn sexy to look at.

How far along are you? I've been looking for people to join in co-op.

EDIT: Whoo, people buying packs = more co-op :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom