• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Nelo Ice

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
Awesome. I was gonna get it on Wii, but no demo and didn't like the price and thought it'd be better at a higher resolution. Then they announced it on PS3 and I was like "awesome, but this'd be better with a KBM".

Problem solved!

same here except i was hoping for a xbla release since thats the only hd console i have

fresquito

A friend gifted me Plain Sight. Tried the tutorial, thought it looked fun, with the gravity system of Mario Galaxy. Then tried the game and was totally lost. For once, if they need to fix anything, it is the camera system. Once you target someone, at least it should focus on him. Some AI put into it wouldn't do any harm either.

I will have to try playing with K+M, because it's obvious a platformer this is not.

Edit: I've tried K+M. It's better, but still quite confusing.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
So how many weeks/months till PlainSight creators come public saying Valve/Steam/Discounts are awesome and how they sold twice the amount of copies during the sale and so on?

Garou

Taken from http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518670

Price Reductions
This Month
Bionic Commando - $19.99,/£13.99/19,99€ was $39.99/£29.99/38,99€
Bionic Commando: Rearmed - $9.99/£6.49, was $14.99/£7.99
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition - $19.99, was $29.99
Flock! - $9.99/£6.49/9,99€, was $14.99/£11.99/14,99€
Dark Void - $29.99/£19.99/29,99€, was $39.99/£29.99/39,99€
MotoGP 08 - $19.99/£13.99, was $39.99/£19.99
Street Fighter IV [3] - $29.99/£19.99/29,99€, was $39.99/£29.99/37,99€
Devil May Cry 4 [3] - $19.99/£13.99, was $29.99/£14.99
Hearts of Iron III - $19.99/£14.99/19,99€, was $29.99/£24.99/29,99€
Battlefield 2 Complete [3] - $14.99, was $29.99 (Only reduced in AU/NZ)
Crysis [3] - $14.99, was $29.99 (Only reduced in AU/NZ)
Crysis Warhead [3] - $14.99, was $29.99 (Only reduced in AU/NZ)
Dead Space [3] - $14.99, was $29.99 (Only reduced in AU/NZ)
Cricket Revolution - $9.99/£6.99/7,99€, was $24.99/£14.99/19,99€
Battlefield Bad Company 2 [3] - $29.99, was $49.99 (Not reduced in AU/NZ)
Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight [3] - $29.99, was $49.99 (Not reduced in AU/NZ)
Mass Effect 2 [3] - $29.99, was $39.99 (Only reduced in US/CA)
Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition [3] - $39.99, was $59.99 (Only reduced in US/CA)
SPORE [3] - $29.99, was $39.99 (Only reduced in US/CA)
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Chaos Rising - $19.99, was $29.99 (Not reduced in AU/NZ)

[3] Not available in China, Hong Kong, Japan, North Korea, and/or South Korea

Daigoro

trinest said:
wait dark void 0 was released on PC- OMFG.

yeah i saw that as well. was that console only at one point?

5$ is good. it was supposed to be a decent game right?

also, no way was LP:EC $29. it was definitly more expensive than that about 2 weeks ago.

Salsa

Dark Void Zero is awesome, get it if you like metroidvanias.

I never knew DMC3 came out on PC myself, is it a good port ?

Oreoleo

Dice said:
Not getting Plain Sight because I don't want to play it now and it'll be dead later.

It's so sad when I pass for even just $2 but not sad enough to have pity. Sorry Plain Sight, you just didn't seem cool enough to even bother playing.

This post made me buy the game. I wasn't planning on it, but it was like this post was looking deep into my soul and I felt ashamed. Glad I splurged though, it's super fun!

Aaron

Daigoro said:
yeah i saw that as well. was that console only at one point?

5$ is good. it was supposed to be a decent game right?
It's worth it at that price. Very short game, but well made and fun.

IMACOMPUTA

hey guys.
My birthday is coming up and would like to put a couple games from steam on my bday wishlist.
Is there an easy way for someone who doesn't have steam (and knows NOTHING about computers/etc. ) to buy/gift me a steam game?

Oreoleo

IMACOMPUTA said:
hey guys.
My birthday is coming up and would like to put a couple games from steam on my bday wishlist.
Is there an easy way for someone who doesn't have steam (and knows NOTHING about computers/etc. ) to buy/gift me a steam game?

Not without creating their own Steam account, it seems. Prepaid gift credit card might be your best bet.

This is something I've thought about (specifically around Xmas time) and I feel like Valve are missing a huge opportunity by not offering Steam gift cards.

dLMN8R

Awesome, Bionic Commando: Rearmed was finally lowered to the price it launched at on XBLA. Thanks, Capcom! :lol

Orellio said:
Not without creating their own Steam account, it seems. Prepaid gift credit card might be your best bet.

This is something I've thought about (specifically around Xmas time) and I feel like Valve are missing a huge opportunity by not offering Steam gift cards.

Prepaid credit cards only work if you're able to tie an address to the credit card. I had an American Express gift card and I had to call American Express to get them to add a billing address to the card. I think other credit card companies might have an online form that you can fill out to do the same thing.

Avyrocky

Banned
Schmattakopf said:
If you mean the next big catalogue-wide sale, then probably the last week of the year. Otherwise, there's several things on sale every week.

Yeah either something like the 4th July sale or the Xmas sale of 2009.

Wish I bought all the games during the Xmas sale and just kept them waiting to be installed until I built my PC which I have now with no games :(

Avyrocky said:
Yeah either something like the 4th July sale or the Xmas sale of 2009.

Wish I bought all the games during the Xmas sale and just kept them waiting to be installed until I built my PC which I have now with no games :(

Most likely a 5-day sale during Thanksgiving break.

Oreoleo

Avyrocky said:
Defo gonna rag the fuck out of that sale then!

206jwqs.jpg

pyros

Does any one know what's going on with Risen in steam, it's there one moment and then it's gone, saw it this morning in the store, just logged on to buy it and it's gone, same thing happened a few months ago.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I have a question about Steam Cloud. My internet was out for about an hour last night and I wanted to play Just Cause 2, but since that game supports Steam Cloud I wasn't sure how my save games would be affected. I didn't want to play for awhile, make some progress, and then log back onto Steam and find out I lost my most current save game. My question is: do Steam Cloud games affect save files and were my fears justified or unfounded?

vermadas

Archie said:
I have a question about Steam Cloud. My internet was out for about an hour last night and I wanted to play Just Cause 2, but since that game supports Steam Cloud I wasn't sure how my save games would be affected. I didn't want to play for awhile, make some progress, and then log back onto Steam and find out I lost my most current save game. My question is: do Steam Cloud games affect save files and were my fears justified or unfounded?

IIRC in situations like this, the next time you would start the game when it could connect to the Cloud it would say something like "your local saves were modified more recently than the saves in the cloud" and you could choose which saves you want to use. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since that happened to me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
vermadas said:
IIRC in situations like this, the next time you would start the game when it could connect to the Cloud it would say something like "your local saves were modified more recently than the saves in the cloud" and you could choose which saves you want to use. I could be wrong though, it's been a while since that happened to me.

Yep, that's what happens.

graywolf323

Avyrocky said:
When is the next Steam sale, Halloween?

well if they do it like last year there will be a mini holiday sale around Thanksgiving and then the big one around Christmas lasting until New Years

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Wasn't there something going on about install limits or something with Dark Void Zero? I bought it on PC but I remember some people here commenting on this since you apparently can't get back an install.

Truespeed

Jangaroo said:
Wasn't there something going on about install limits or something with Dark Void Zero? I bought it on PC but I remember some people here commenting on this since you apparently can't get back an install.

There are install limits, but at least you can revoke installs easily.

DarkVoidZero.exe /revoke

Mount & Blade is 75% off, which brings the price down to $7.50.
Mount & Blade: Warband is 66% off, which brings the price down to $10.20.

My wallet is safe for this weekend, since I already own M&B and wasn't too fond of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom