• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
MoFuzz said:
SecuROM DRM. 4 activations per month if that sort of thing bothers you.

I know it bothers me.

To be honest, that's one of the better activations I've seen thus far. 4 activations a month is pretty generous, I can't imagine ever going over that.

Lumine

MoFuzz said:
SecuROM DRM. 4 activations per month if that sort of thing bothers you.

I know it bothers me.

Oh really? I tend to avoid buying anything with any more DRM than steam itself. However 4 times each month? That means it resets every month until infinity? Because I could live with that.

stuminus3 said:
For goodness sake, people. Play Batman with a controller. It's not a sin to do so on PC, you know!

I assumed controller would be best so I played my first playthrough with it. I tried keyboard and mouse after that just for shits and giggles and found that I liked it quite a bit more.

TouchMyBox said:
I assumed controller would be best so I played my first playthrough with it. I tried keyboard and mouse after that just for shits and giggles and found that I liked it quite a bit more.
I was the same way with Dead Rising 2.

MoFuzz

Lumine said:
Oh really? I tend to avoid buying anything with any more DRM than steam itself. However 4 times each month? That means it resets every month until infinity? Because I could live with that.
Bolded is correct.

I just don't like putting money towards excessively DRMed products. Steam & GFWL are already more than enough without tacking SecuROM, TAGES, Ubisoft or whatever other garbage these fools keep trying to shove down our throats.

I'm just voting with my dollars, not demanding that all of you take a stand and start a petition.

MDSLKTR

Lumine said:
Hrmmph I guess I got no more reason to keep postponing buying batman huh?

In my case i'll wait for the eidos pack to go on sale (like last year during christmas), I want the tomb raiders, hitmans and the k&l.

Trouble

Banned
I guess I need to go finish K&L1 that I bought for $5 now that I bought K&L2 for $5 :lol

$2.50 for Defense Grid and $5 for the indie storie pack were too cheap to resist, as well.

Anyone who doesn't own AudioSurf should immediately spend the $2.50.

randomlyrossy said:
It's really not, it's fairly average in terms of game mechanics but the aesthetic is amazing and realy does add alot. Plus you can play it co-op which makes it all the more fun.
I was just saying that to change his quote, but if it's anything like the first... there are much better co-op games out there.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
So I bought Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse during yesterdays sale, but stupid me didn't realize it was part 3 of a series. :lol

Any chance the other two will be on the holiday sale? 30$ a pop for the others is too rich for my blood.

amrod

BlisterBrown said:
So I bought Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse during yesterdays sale, but stupid me didn't realize it was part 3 of a series. :lol

Any chance the other two will be on the holiday sale? 30$ a pop for the others is too rich for my blood.

last year they had all telltale games in a single pack for like $50 i think ... it'll go on sale i'm 99% sure :D

stuminus3

BlisterBrown said:
So I bought Sam & Max: The Devils Playhouse during yesterdays sale, but stupid me didn't realize it was part 3 of a series.
Play it anyway. The stories aren't connected at all, other than a couple of references and in-jokes. You'll be wondering WTF is going on at the start of the first episode, but don't worry, it's supposed to be like that.

I think I am going to buy Kane and Lynch, I haven't played either but for 5 dollars I don't think I can really go wrong, I mean it came out like 2 months ago :lol . Also I will dabble the indie pack, the random indie games I haven't heard much about always turn out to be the best ones.

vocab

amrod said:
last year they had all telltale games in a single pack for like $50 i think ... it'll go on sale i'm 99% sure :D

Also, Sam and Max Season 1 and 2 went on sale last Christmas ($5-10 for both?). You'll get them both fairly cheap soon enough.

ZZMitch said:
Any chance HL1 goes on sale? I just got HL2 and kind of want to play through the first one before I do that.

It goes on sale so much so yes.

Nickiepoo said:
Man, can't imagine playing Batman with kb/m, it's a straight up gamepad game for me.

I played Dirt 2 with arrow keys :lol . I can play anything with KB+M except GTA 3/VC/SA flying missions due to wacky controls.

vertopci

So how does steam work out of the country? I'll be gone during the xmas sale and was wondering if I would be able to buy stuff like normal or if I have to use a proxy. Anyone know?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
vertopci said:
So how does steam work out of the country? I'll be gone during the xmas sale and was wondering if I would be able to buy stuff like normal or if I have to use a proxy. Anyone know?

I live in canada and had zero problems buying anything during their sales, bought torchlight during xmas last year for example. They charge my CC USD$, thats pretty much it.

vertopci

Buggy Loop said:
I live in canada and had zero problems buying anything during their sales, bought torchlight during xmas last year for example. They charge my CC USD$, thats pretty much it.

Ok well how about out of the continent then? :p

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
stuminus3 said:
Play it anyway. The stories aren't connected at all, other than a couple of references and in-jokes. You'll be wondering WTF is going on at the start of the first episode, but don't worry, it's supposed to be like that.
Really? That's awesome. Was killing me not to jump in and just go ahead and play anyway. Guess I'll just wait and see about the other packs.

Starting it up now, thanks. :D

LQX

K&L at least from that first part is pretty awesome and I actually like the effects. Definitely seems to be worth the $5.

arts&crafts said:
I think I am going to buy Kane and Lynch, I haven't played either but for 5 dollars I don't think I can really go wrong, I mean it came out like 2 months ago :lol . Also I will dabble the indie pack, the random indie games I haven't heard much about always turn out to be the best ones.

There's a demo...play that first...Even at 5 bucks, I wouldn't touch K&L b/c the demo was that bad..

Scum

Oh fuck no! I bought Batman: AA GOTY yesterday for £14.99. If I'd waited 'til today I could have got it even cheaper! £5.10!! Five fucking pounds and ten pence!

ojfchvjpg.gif

168eu6o.gif

Scum said:
Oh fuck no! I bought Batman: AA GOTY yesterday for £14.99. If I'd waited 'til today I could have got it even cheaper! £5.10!! Five fucking pounds and ten pence!

ojfchvjpg.gif

168eu6o.gif
This kind of thing makes me wish there was some 48 hour price protection plan for download prices.

At least you supported a fucking awesome game with your money.

Scum said:

Since you come to this thread, you must know they are having sales this time of year.
Good on you though paying full price, it balances us cheapskates out.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Batman is easily up there as some of the greatest 50$ I have ever spent. It was one of those game where I knew I was coming to the end and it was like a fucking awesome dream you never wanted to end and I just wanted to drag it out as long as possible.

Scum

ipukespiders said:
Since you come to this thread, you must know they are having sales this time of year.
Good on you though paying full price, it balances us cheapskates out.
Funny thing is, I saw it for around £6 a few weeks back and never bothered. To much "umming" and "Should I? Or should I not...??" When I did want to get it, it was back to £24.99, so I decided to bide my time. I mean, getting it for £14.99 is cheap enough as it is. But £5.10?! That's just fuck awesome and I missed it! It costs me more to get home from work and that's no fun compared to Batman: AA! :lol

Ledsen

Spwn said:
It gets old pretty fast. Like 15h fast. Just warning you.

15h fast :lol I'd be hard pressed to play any game for more than 15 hours unless it was fucking amazing, if I bought Puzzle Quest and it lasted more than 5 hours I'd be pleasantly surprised.

vertopci said:

I'm from Sweden and had no problem buying games while I was living in Japan on my normal account.

Got K&L2, would love to get a few dozen multi games over the weekend.

Felt a little frustrated with the controls, but loved the art and design of it all.
My Eidos boycott is over now they're Square Enix.

Shaneus

Visualante said:
Got K&L2, would love to get a few dozen multi games over the weekend.

Felt a little frustrated with the controls, but loved the art and design of it all.
My Eidos boycott is over now they're Square Enix.
Do you have Just Cause 2? That's Squeenix.

I've got a huge backlog and I grabbed Batman during the last sale and played it start to finish.

26 hours of awesome.

If you haven't played it, set your other backlog games aside, and get this game. Install it. Play it to the end.

MoFuzz said:
Thank Christ one of you has some sense around here. Playing Arkham Asylum with a M&K is possible, but if you want to play it properly by beating down 12 goons simultaneously using 30 hit combos without being hit (Batman wouldn't get hit), you need a gamepad.
The fuck is this shit? I regularly get 60+ combos and it's a breeze with the speed of the mouse (flipping the camera on a dime to fly to people behind me). I prefer MKB just because I find it faster (like most games). Are you using a one button mac mouse or something.

Forkball

Shit I didn't know the sale started yesterday. I checked around noon and saw nothing so assumed the sale would start today. My parents house had broken Internet so I missed Alpha Protocol. Hopefully it goes on sale again for Christmas. At least I got the indie game pack, what a hell of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom