• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

That's a sweet deal on Chaos Rising in an 8-pack for folks who don't already have it!

Tropico 3 looks tasty at $7.50 as well, and that indie pack seems like it could be pretty decent too. VVVVVV and World of Goo are worth $5 together, imo. Not so sure about the other games. I think Eufloria is kind of like a more indie-pretentious version of Galcon?

edit: Oh man, 75 cents seems criminal for Freedom Force in the 10-pack.

.nimrod

Whoa, for once a game is actually cheaper in the german store: The Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box is just 7,49€, that's about ~$9.93 instead of $14.99

So if anybody wants to save another $5, pm me with your email and i can gift it to you as long as you can pay via paypal.

Blizzard

Banned
Tropico 3 is decent in my opinion. And it looks nice! I only played maybe one scenario, though? Also I think there may be some paid DLC, which I'm not a fan of but whatever.

I picked up Machinarium for $5. I'm actually at a point where I had a hard time thinking of enough games to put on my wish list, let alone buy. :lol

Blizzard

Banned
aasoncott said:
Yes :lol

I've tried easy, I've tried slow motion, I've tried keyboard, I've tried gamepad. The first fifty times I couldn't get it to trigger I wondered if I had the gaming skills of a cardboard box. The second fifty attempts finally convinced me something was actually wrong. I've done everything I can to try to fix it.

Oh well. Honestly, the fact that I can't make my character walk forwards in Alpha Protocol is bugging me more.
That is honestly one of the most bizarre things I've heard about Steam Mirror's Edge. I guess you could try verifying the game cache integrity. Otherwise I have no clue. I'm sorry it happened to you. :(

Blizzard

Banned
Dunlop said:
My ISP went down this morning. While waiting for a callback I tried to play Torchlight

Click on shortcut-->Steam Updating-->Cannot Update(obviously)-->Click on play offline-->This operation cannot be performed offline

for every single one of my steam titles

so not impressed
I think I had that happen before for Torchlight at a minimum. If you unplug your Ethernet cable now does it work? If so it was an unfortunate update thing. If not, then it's broken and has been broken off and on for years. :( I'd guess manually running each game and then going to offline mode when you've made sure everything works might fix it, but that doesn't help if you don't know when an outage might occur.

Oh good grief, I meant to edit a previous post instead of triple posting. FORGIVE ME ;____;

vocab

Blizzard said:
Tropico 3 is decent in my opinion. And it looks nice! I only played maybe one scenario, though? Also I think there may be some paid DLC, which I'm not a fan of but whatever.

I picked up Machinarium for $5. I'm actually at a point where I had a hard time thinking of enough games to put on my wish list, let alone buy. :lol

Actually, the paid DLC is pretty much an expansion. Tropico 3 Gold pretty much gives you that for free with the price they are asking.

wrowa

When I try to start Batman:AA this message window pops up:

error.jpg

Uhm... help? Please?

wrowa said:
When I try to start Batman:AA this message window pops up:

[.img]http://npshare.de/files/d1f06ba7/error.jpg[/img]

Uhm... help? Please?

I'd verify the cache if I were you, that looks like it can't find files that should be there.

Salaadin

Are there any good steam skins that make it so that the custom category buttons arent that horrible grey? I dont mine it in large mode but it looks bad in small mode.

wrowa

MrNyarlathotep said:
I'd verify the cache if I were you, that looks like it can't find files that should be there.
Done. There's no problem with my files according to Steam... but the game still crashes on startup nevertheless.

itxaka

Defeatist
wrowa said:
Done. There's no problem with my files according to Steam... but the game still crashes on startup nevertheless.

do the files mentioned exist? I got batman AA (not from steam) on win7 x64 and have no problems with it.

Baha

wrowa said:

After a brief google search, it seems this may actually be due to Nvidia physx. Do you have a Nvidia card? If so, try disabling Physx or going to Programs Add/Remove, right clicking the Nvidia physx install entry and selecting 'Repair'.

If this isn't the case then I'm stumped.

itxaka said:
do the files mentioned exist? I got batman AA (not from steam) on win7 x64 and have no problems with it.
The "filename not found" stuff isn't indicative of the actual error; it's just debugging info that would in some circumstances (such as if the .exe were compiled with debugging symbols) reference the source code files containing each of the function calls in the traceback.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
pix said:
Whats more fun. Blur or Burnout: Paradise
Burnout. BLUR is just another featureless port from Activision. No voice, no messaging, poor multiplayer (just like War for Cybertron. *sigh* )

wrowa

Baha said:
After a brief google search, it seems this may actually be due to Nvidia physx. Do you have a Nvidia card? If so, try disabling Physx or going to Programs Add/Remove, right clicking the Nvidia physx install entry and selecting 'Repair'.

If this isn't the case then I'm stumped.
Physx is disabled both in the game settings and in the nvidia controlpanel, but I still get the error message when I try to launch the game. Repairing physx didn't help either, so did enabling it.

I don't know whether I should be glad that I didn't spent 30€ on it or angry because it looks like I wasted 10€ :lol

Baha

wrowa said:
Physx is disabled both in the game settings and in the nvidia controlpanel, but I still get the error message when I try to launch the game. Repairing physx didn't help either, so did enabling it.

I don't know whether I should be glad that I didn't spent 30€ on it or angry because it looks like I wasted 10€ :lol

Checked the steam forums, try this:

I solved it by running services.msc, starting Windows LIVE ID Sign-in Assisitant and setting this service in Automatic mode (right-click for Properties)

GC|Simon

Bought Kane & Lynch 2 yesterday and since a few minutes... I'm through it. I loved the first one, but this game is a hige disappointment. Remember the prison, the bank or Retomoto from the first game? All you will get here is Shanghai. And this YouTube look... horrible! Can't recommend it.

Since I already own Torchlite, Empire: Total War and Tropico 3 (I can recommend all of them) I don't buy a game today. I'm not really inetrested in racing games...

Nabs

Lyphen said:
Burnout. BLUR is just another featureless port from Activision. No voice, no messaging, poor multiplayer (just like War for Cybertron. *sigh* )
Blur multiplayer has a lot of options. I like it. I already own BP, but both games are pretty good.

wrowa

Baha said:
Checked the steam forums, try this:
I saw that post earlier today too, but, well, the Windows Live Sign-In Assistant was already set to automatic mode. In other words: No solution either.

Thanks for trying to solve my problem, though. Much appreciated.

Tokubetsu

These sales are kinda meh. I'm tempted to spend more on blu-rays but I keep feeling like Steam is gonna fuck me over with a better deal the next day =/

Ruprit

GC|Simon said:
Bought Kane & Lynch 2 yesterday and since a few minutes... I'm through it. I loved the first one, but this game is a hige disappointment. Remember the prison, the bank or Retomoto from the first game? All you will get here is Shanghai. And this YouTube look... horrible! Can't recommend it.

Steam says it took me 2.5 hours to beat the game :lol. Utterly underwhelming experience. The city environments were unique though. The sense of scale and detail made the lack of interaction even more disappointing. I want my five bucks back!

wrowa

gregor7777 said:
@wrowa

Have you reinstalled Live? That looks like a dodgy Live error I got before.
3 or 4 times by no, but to no avail.

Might it be a problem that my steam folder is located on d:\ and not on the system partition?

UrbanRats

GC|Simon said:
Yep, i remember how shitty they were.. at least, a thought they were shitty, until i got to Havana.
I've ordered they 2° from Zavvi for cheap, cause i liked the demo(and the "youtube" look) but i don't expect much from it.

Tokubetsu

UrbanRats said:
Yep, i remember how shitty they were.. at least, a thought they were shitty, until i got to Havana.
I've ordered they 2° from Zavvi for cheap, cause i liked the demo(and the "youtube" look) but i don't expect much from it.

It's more of the same. The gunfights are really underwhelming but I love the presentation of 2 more (the camcorder look). The plot was a bit stronger too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd be all for Burnout if I hadn't already played the hell out of it on PS3.

vocab

DigitalSoul said:
My biggest gripe with Tropico 3 is that the game crashes too much.
It is nice game, but that hinders the enjoyment. They are quite random too,bah!

I only had one crash. It was random, and I alt tab a lot so ya... It's fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom