• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

After deinstalling GWFL and installing an older GWFL version Batman is, I don't dare to say it, running!

I probably spent more time on getting it to run than I will actually play the game, but at least I can play what I bought now :lol

SalsaShark said:
yay Dawn of war II finished downloading!

4g6ou.jpg

wat

help :(

Also make sure to verify your game cache.

New Vegas wouldn't launch for me until I found out that one file failed validation, I had to redownload a 750MB file :p

Salaadin

I want to be 100% sure but cant find too much on google:

If someone in Europe buys the Red Faction 8 pack, can they gift me a copy even though Im in the US? Are there any drawbacks to this?

confused

Banned
Salaadin said:
I want to be 100% sure but cant find too much on google:

If someone in Europe buys the Red Faction 8 pack, can they gift me a copy even though Im in the US? Are there any drawbacks to this?

Yes they can gift it, and no there are no drawbacks. Go for it.

Blizzard

Banned
Today's sales are pretty nice. Lara Craft $7.50, finally with online co-op (though I already had bought it of course). L4D2 $5 is good for those who don't have it. The rhythm game pack is a good price but I'm passing for now. Even $15 for COD4 doesn't seem like a terrible price.

I was almost tempted by Wings of Prey, but it's $15 with $15 DLC. :p *checks again* Wait, also a 3-machine activation limit from some "FrontLine ProActive" third-party DRM. I'll pass for now, thanks.

1C are my heroes for not only putting up the King's Bounty package, but also putting the INDIVIDUAL GAMES on sale. I was like, I have to buy the whole package to just get the sale on Crossworlds? But then I realized that Crossworlds is individually $5.

I need an opinion on Supreme Commander 2! I've never played one of those games, so I'd just like to know if it's a good/great game, or if it falls in the "not worth $4" camp. :p Also, is it worth it even if I don't get the $10 DLC for a bunch of new maps and units that's not on sale?

did anyone else get GTA liberty stories? I cant seem to even launcht he game wither the securom crashes or EFLC crashes before the rockstar logo. some ppl have suggested getting rid of riva tuner ..i did that and it still doesnt work.

wtf

Nabs

Kabuki Waq said:
did anyone else get GTA liberty stories? I cant seem to even launcht he game wither the securom crashes or EFLC crashes before the rockstar logo. some ppl have suggested getting rid of riva tuner ..i did that and it still doesnt work.

wtf

i had a lot of trouble with GTA4. securom, gfwl and that club shit all hated me. one problem had to do with the flash beta i tried, but i dont know if that was a securom problem.

Salsa

Nabs said:
i had a lot of trouble with GTA4. securom, gfwl and that club shit all hated me. one problem had to do with the flash beta i tried, but i dont know if that was a securom problem.

they got rid of the rockstar club client thankfully

Polk

amrod said:
wonder why EA hasn't put Need for Speed Hot Pursuit on steam yet...
They want to sell as many copies from their store to maximize profits?
Real question is why the hell EA didn't put all Medal of Honor games on Steam yet.

Blizzard said:
I need an opinion on Supreme Commander 2! I've never played one of those games, so I'd just like to know if it's a good/great game, or if it falls in the "not worth $4" camp. :p Also, is it worth it even if I don't get the $10 DLC for a bunch of new maps and units that's not on sale?
I really only played the demo and I got frustrated because I was comparing it to its predecessor, which is far superior. But it's also simply a different game. If you like standard RTS, get it.

mm04

Kabuki Waq said:

wtf

I bought it earlier in the week and I have the same issues. I found that opening the GFWL client and logging in prior to the application seems to get me through that and into the game. Doesn't work for GTA4 for me though. Only EFLC.

Day 4 and still not a single game that compels me to impulsively spend money like last year. Recettear sounded like an extremely good deal, but I'm just not into the JRPGs. And today again, Tomb Rider sounds good, but my backlog tells me to wait.

Convince me, oh wise, pc-GAF. Why do I need to play the latest TR?

Polk

Fredescu said:
Yet it's on D2D, Gamersgate, Impulse, probably elsewhere.
Noone uses them, so it's not hurting them in the end? Speaking seriously though, they might want to leverage their position on Steam or they got better cuts from other companies then from Steam. I wouldn't be surprised if those services agreed to smaller cuts for them for outing Steam for some time.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Man this steam sale thing has been incredible.

Picked up Torchlight for 5 bucks, Tropic for 7.50, that Recettear pack for 5 bucks, and now I figure this Indie Pulse pack is awesome for people who listen to an obnoxious amount of techno like I do.

I'm really looking forward to what they put out the next two days!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Lasthope106 said:
Day 4 and still not a single game that compels me to impulsively spend money like last year. Recettear sounded like an extremely good deal, but I'm just not into the JRPGs. And today again, Tomb Rider sounds good, but my backlog tells me to wait.

What kind of games do you like? So far there's been sales on adventure, FPS, TPS, ARPG, puzzle, rhythm, driving, flying, platformer... pretty good genre mix!

Minsc

Gold Member
Lasthope106 said:

Convince me, oh wise, pc-GAF. Why do I need to play the latest TR?

Read this.

Also, torchlight for $5 is a amazing, amazing deal, hopefully you already had it as you don't mention that game, and I can't imagine anyone not liking the instant gratification loot/action genre, the game is so much fun. I've finally gotten around to playing it, and it delivers much more than I expected!

The damage so far:

Puzzle Quest 2
Indie Story Pack
DoW2: Chaos Rising
GTA: EFLC
Nyxquest

Not bad at all and still under $25. Just Cause 2 will be my last purchase if it's <$10 in a group.

btw, tomorrow has the last set of deals. The sale ends on the 29th.

Polk

toasty_T said:
Are you sure? We are missing 2 indie packs (air and puzzle) and lot of X-packs from list posted few days back.

graywolf323

Lara Croft is rather tempting but I can't help but feel it might go lower eventually (the whole if it's not at least 66% off rule)

edit: also I think the 29th will be the last day of deals

Volcynika

toasty_T said:
The damage so far:

Puzzle Quest 2
Indie Story Pack
DoW2: Chaos Rising
GTA: EFLC
Nyxquest

Not bad at all and still under $25. Just Cause 2 will be my last purchase if it's <$10 in a group.

"The "Give & Get" Sale starts today and ends Tuesday, November 30."

From the Valve News thing when it started.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
My haul so far:

Alpha Protocol (gifted to me by a very nice person)
Lara Croft
NyxQuest
Indie Story Pack
Puzzle Quest 2

All for $16.50. Not too bad imo!

Fredescu

toasty_T said:
I was referring to the deals. Today's is the 2nd last set. There seemed to be a bit of confusion or maybe I was reading into it wrong.
Today's is the third last set. There are two Indie packs we haven't seen yet, Air and Puzzle.

Slavik81

Minsc said:
Read this.

Also, torchlight for $5 is a amazing, amazing deal, hopefully you already had it as you don't mention that game, and I can't imagine anyone not liking the instant gratification loot/action genre, the game is so much fun. I've finally gotten around to playing it, and it delivers much more than I expected!
How far have you gotten? I eventually was disappointed that the game barely changes at all as you reach the higher levels. It's pretty much the same thing for 8-10 hours.

Still, it's a decent game, and for $5 it's a pretty good deal.

Shanks

So has anyone heard if they are ever going to fix the Civilization IV issue where it has separate Mac and Windows clients unlike all the other SteamPlay games? It bothers the hell out of me. :lol

Minsc

Gold Member
Slavik81 said:
How far have you gotten? I eventually was disappointed that the game barely changes at all as you reach the higher levels. It's pretty much the same thing for 8-10 hours.

Still, it's a decent game, and for $5 it's a pretty good deal.

Well I beat Titan Quest (with the expansion with is pretty lengthy), and I'm a pretty big fan of the genre (I loved D2, and so far find Torchlight > TQ, D2 will probably beat Torchlight due to online), plus I started my first game on Hardcore, so it's been no pushover which has helped. Shame it's so short, I'm only about halfway through, but I'm planning on running through it once with all the characters.

Stumpokapow said:
What kind of games do you like? So far there's been sales on adventure, FPS, TPS, ARPG, puzzle, rhythm, driving, flying, platformer... pretty good genre mix!

I like all kinds of genres, but I prefer games that were designed especifically for the pc. I hoping the following games go on sale:

• Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  • Mafia II
  • Just Cause II
  • Far Cry 2
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Guild Wars

If I manage to grab these games, my Steam collection will be pretty much complete.

Minsc said:
Read this.

Thanks Minsc. That is exactly the kind of information I needed to convince me to buy GOL. Torchlight was my most played game last year - bought it on release day, and I can't wait for TL2 to come out.

vocab

Lasthope106 said:
I like all kinds of genres, but I prefer games that were designed especifically for the pc. I hoping the following games go on sale:

• Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
  • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
  • Mafia II
  • Just Cause II
  • Far Cry 2
  • Mass Effect 2
  • Guild Wars

Every game but Vampire Masquerade has a very high chance to go on sale during Christmas.

gillty

Banned
I hate how I can't buy a second 10 pack of NyxQuest. Yes I know I already own 11 copies but I want to give away even more!

TAKE MY MONEY VALVE

Smash88

Banned
Valru said:
I hate how I can't buy a second 10 pack of NyxQuest. Yes I know I already own 11 copies but I want to give away even more!

TAKE MY MONEY VALVE

:lol :lol

Blizzard said:
Today's sales are pretty nice. Lara Craft $7.50, finally with online co-op (though I already had bought it of course). L4D2 $5 is good for those who don't have it. The rhythm game pack is a good price but I'm passing for now. Even $15 for COD4 doesn't seem like a terrible price.

I was almost tempted by Wings of Prey, but it's $15 with $15 DLC. :p *checks again* Wait, also a 3-machine activation limit from some "FrontLine ProActive" third-party DRM. I'll pass for now, thanks.

1C are my heroes for not only putting up the King's Bounty package, but also putting the INDIVIDUAL GAMES on sale. I was like, I have to buy the whole package to just get the sale on Crossworlds? But then I realized that Crossworlds is individually $5.

The bolded part.... FrontLine ProActive is actually Starforce, they changed their name. So do not buy Wings of Prey under any condition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom