• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Mareg said:
So huh, what are the juicy dayly deals today ?
Super Meat Boy is still 33% off, comes out today!

On a tanget, seems Steam says my video card drivers are outdated, at a computer at school... Welp, lets hope this doesn't break anything. UPDATE GO!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Was there some kind of official confirmation about a Christmas sale or is everyone just assuming here?

Does Team Fortress 2 still autoupdate for anyone else who has turned off autoupdating on it? I have a slow internet connection and I hate the almost daily 1GB updates, but I would rather not delete the game if possible since it would take me a day or two to redownload it. I have it set not to autoupdate, but it still downloads updates all the time.

stuminus3

Diomedeskun said:
Does Team Fortress 2 still autoupdate for anyone else who has turned off autoupdating on it? I have a slow internet connection and I hate the almost daily 1GB updates, but I would rather not delete the game if possible since it would take me a day or two to redownload it. I have it set not to autoupdate, but it still downloads updates all the time.
Something's seriously wrong there, TF2 doesn't have almost daily 1GB updates.

Nabs

Monday_Comic_english.png

vixlar

ColonelColon said:
I decided to buy Knights of the Old Republic just a few minutes ago, and I got Monkey Island 2 SE last night. This past month has been insane for digital distribution deals. From October 31 to now, I've picked up:

I bought those two games yesterday too, hehehe. I couldn't resist (u_u)

Zachack

Dice said:
Was there some kind of official confirmation about a Christmas sale or is everyone just assuming here?
If there is no sale then centuries from now stories will be written about this year, the year that the world nearly cracked in half as the greatest expression of rage and loss was directed towards Bellevue and manifested itself as a psychic blast that triggered the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. Your great-grandchildren will huddle around your mud hut and listen again as you tell them of what sunshine looked like, or the feeling of drinking water that doesn't burn as it passes their cracked, mutated lips.

Dizzy-4U

DieH@rd said:
Whoa, i didnt knot that super meat boy will be released for PC! And it will be out today!
Everyone should take a good look at their thumbs. It will be the last time they'll be it in decent shape.

Dice

In that case...

Dear Santa Gabe,
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
$25 or less, please.

Thanks,
Dice

Double D

Dice said:

Valve isn't prepared for all of our virtual pitchforks if they don't have Christmas sale.

Dice said:
In that case...

Dear Santa Gabe,
Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
$25 or less, please.

Thanks,
Dice

You just missed that on Impulse. I almost pulled the trigger, but have enough to play right now to the point where I figured it'd be on sale for that price again before I get to it anyway.

Yasser

Dice said:
there's a sale on steam just because it's the middle of the week, there's no way they won't have a christmas sale

Dice

platypotamus said:
You just missed that on Impulse. I almost pulled the trigger, but have enough to play right now to the point where I figured it'd be on sale for that price again before I get to it anyway.
Oh, I didn't miss it.

Stitch

Gold Member
There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

Oh fuck you this is like the 10th time or so, now i don't want Super Meat Boy anymore.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For fucks sake, I need to set classes up for all day Tuesday to distract myself because I drive myself crazy checking for these games to become available on Steam and the hours keep bouncing around. I just want Super Meat Boyyyyyyyyyy.

Wallach

Felix Lighter said:
I've been having the same problem. Which browser are you using? I use Chrome and ever since I've been having the driver crashes on my Desktop, I've also been having flash simply crashing on my laptop (with an nvidia card). I don't have driver crashes on the laptop but flash crashes just as frequently. I've just started using Chrome and it's been surprisingly buggy. I think it's obvious that the Catalyst driver just doesn't handle the flash crashes as gracefully as Nvidia's drivers.

Apparently it's a known problem, though I think you can get around it by disabling hardware acceleration in Flash. Seems like a pretty big oversight; between that and the recent 10.11 drivers being released which are apparently older than the 10.10's it makes me wonder what exactly is going on over at AMD.

Wallach said:
Apparently it's a known problem, though I think you can get around it by disabling hardware acceleration in Flash. Seems like a pretty big oversight; between that and the recent 10.11 drivers being released which are apparently older than the 10.10's it makes me wonder what exactly is going on over at AMD.

ive had so many problems with the latest catalyst driver. i reverted back to like 9.9 and no more crashes.

Nabs

Wallach said:

Older than 10.10e, not the official 10.10 (WHQL) drivers.

Salaadin

I get the flash error too. That and the Crysis error Im having makes it seem like these 10.10e drivers Im using arent the greatest. Im hoping all is better for 10.12. I only wanted MLAA for my 5850 and now I have to suffer in other ways :(

vocab

I had some flash crashes, but not as much lately. Also, I got a flash update when I started my computer this morning.

jiien

Drkirby said:
Super Meat Boy is still 33% off, comes out today!

On a tanget, seems Steam says my video card drivers are outdated, at a computer at school... Welp, lets hope this doesn't break anything. UPDATE GO!

It comes out today? Nice, I'll pick it up as soon as I get home.

BeeDog

Sorry if this is off-topic, but didn't find the official topic so...

Anyway, bought Dirt 2 yesterday and played one stage before quitting. Now, whenever I try to open up the game, it always starts in windowed mode and I can't seem to find a freaking setting that fixes it. What gives? Does someone know how to fix it? I have a GTX 460 (and Windows 7 64-bit) if it matters. Thanks in advance.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
..I feel a valvetime joke coming on, but is there no standard hour or part of the day that valve flips the switch on new releases? Is it the publisher that determines that? In a beautiful world they'd unlock at midnight the day of.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Really? People don't know Alt+Enter anymore? What's next, what does Alt+F4 do? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom