• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherface

Varna said:
Speaking of dirt 2... Were are the graphic options? Can seem to find them.

No kidding! because the menu system is an annoying POS!! It's like a bad flash site.

Anyway, the options menu should be in the trailer somewhere or outside right before you choose "Race".

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Kabuki Waq said:
did anyone get Nail'd Today?
I totally read that wrong to begin with, certainly the wrong sort of Steam.

Anyway, it's a racing game, and it doesn't look terrible so I'll end up buying it at some point knowing me, but I'm waiting for some PC reviews and obviously the holiday sale in case it gets a mighty discount.

Avyrocky

Banned
Just installed Episodes from Liberty City and when I attempt to play the game I get a 'fatal error' symbol saying that the game needs Windows Service Pack 1.

Anyone know how to sort this?

Edgeward

So, it seems everyone on my friends list and me now owns King's Bounty Legend. I was just checking my friends list of games and saw he had King's Bounty but he didn't strike me as a person you would buy that game, so I go into the store page and it gave me the option to download. And now it is. o_O

Sorry if this is brought up before.

Blizzard

Banned
toasty_T said:
Turn off hardware acceleration for flash video player, it's been a source of video driver crashes for a while now.

I've had it cause a blue screen that wiped my ipod while it was synching
Thanks, turned it off. Hopefully that fixes it.

Edgeward said:
S, it seems everyone on my friends list and me now owns King's Bounty Legend. I was just checking my friends list of games and saw he had King's Bounty but he didn't strike me as a person you would buy that game, so I go into the store page and it gave me the option to download. And now it is. o_O

Wow, that's...really weird. Like all but one of my Steam friends apparently has it, so you would seem to be right. I wonder what's up with that one friend, if so. :lol

*edit* If you try to gift it, people show up as not owning it, like normal. But if you go to their profiles they do show as owning it. At any rate, I guess it's Valve's mistake, and hopefully no one gets in trouble for trying to grab it. o_O

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Edgeward said:
S, it seems everyone on my friends list and me now owns King's Bounty Legend. I was just checking my friends list of games and saw he had King's Bounty but he didn't strike me as a person you would buy that game, so I go into the store page and it gave me the option to download. And now it is. o_O

Interesting. Great game if anyone doesn't have it and jumps on this before it gets corrected.

Edgeward said:

Ha, I saw the same thing. I was worried that I was buying things without remembering.

jet1911

Edgeward said:

d88WY.png

Wow. I'm pretty sure I really do not own this game. :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
:lol Me too, I just clicked "play now" and it's downloading, so they ain't gettin it back!

...or maybe they will. I don't know, I don't really even like King's Bounty games.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I deserve it considering how 1C Company lied to me about a widescreen patch for Armored Princess.

Not really though.

gotee12

Noticed this "freebie" earlier and hit "Play Now" out of curiosity. It's downloading.

Gonna feel awfully guilty if this sticks and isn't some temporary glitch...

Dice

I stopped it from downloading because I honestly really hated the demo. It's not even worth the HD space it takes up. :lol

Sinatar

Dice said:
I stopped it from downloading because I honestly really hated the demo. It's not even worth the HD space it takes up. :lol

You are officially a terrible person. Just FYI.

vocab

Stallion Free said:
Downloading now too. Have zero interest in the game, but what the hell I'll give it a look.

It's a pretty fine game, it's just really fucking long, and hard. 18 hours in, and I'm not even off the first continent.

Dice said:

Cool judge a game based on the demo (the AP demo right? lawl)

gotee12

Stopped the download, deleted the local content and it disappeared from my owned games list. Though visiting the game's page on the store shows that I still own it (which virtually everyone does now apparently).

Anyhoo, it no longer appears in my owned games list after deleting it. Conscience clear... :lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hmm I already own it from a different service, but wouldn't mind having a proper steam shortcut. On the other hand what is steams record on punishing people for taking advantage of glitches to get free stuff?

Baha

poppabk said:
Hmm I already own it from a different service, but wouldn't mind having a proper steam shortcut. On the other hand what is steams record on punishing people for taking advantage of glitches to get free stuff?

For something this big, they'll just remove the game from accounts that didn't purchase it. This is definitely a mistake on their end, I can't see them banning users over downloading a game that Steam added to their accounts out of the blue.

Dice

Sinatar said:
You are officially a terrible person. Just FYI.
Then how come I have Toki Tori and you don't?

vocab said:
Cool judge a game based on the demo (the AP demo right? lawl)
I somehow doubt that everything about the basic mechanics suddenly becomes something different once you get the full version.

Edgeward

So it totally let me play the game, the Battle system is not what I expected it to be. From what little I've seen of it in screenshots I thought it was diablo like, so I was surprised as hell when I got put into a hex grid.

So I'm a mage but didn't take part in fighting the dragon, instead I had people fight for me. All except the knight was useless. I'm so confused.

vocab

Dice said:

I somehow doubt that everything about the basic mechanics suddenly becomes something different once you get the full version.

Both games introduce completely different mechanics that change the way the game is played.

Sinatar

Edgeward said:
So it totally let me play the game, the Battle system is not what I expected it to be. From what little I've seen of it in screenshots I thought it was diablo like, so I was surprised as hell when I got put into a hex grid.

So I'm a mage but didn't take part in fighting the dragon, instead I had people fight for me. All except the knight was useless. I'm so confused.

You get to build your army as you see fit once you get out of the tutorial. You can recruit damn near any creature in the game from Beholders to Dragons to Wizards to well there is a lot, you get the point.

Blizzard

Banned
Sinatar said:
You get to build your army as you see fit once you get out of the tutorial. You can recruit damn near any creature in the game from Beholders to Dragons to Wizards to well there is a lot, you get the point.
I haven't played very much yet, but I was warned that there are limited amounts of nearly all classes. I guess that if the castle or whatever runs out, you can't recruit any more in that area? If that's the case do you literally have to worry about any units dying? Some units have so little HP that it's kinda hard to imagine them surviving a hit.

Sinatar

Dice said:

What the hell is Toki Tori? I guess it's this?

Uh ok.

Blizzard said:
I haven't played very much yet, but I was warned that there are limited amounts of nearly all classes. I guess that if the castle or whatever runs out, you can't recruit any more in that area? If that's the case do you literally have to worry about any units dying? Some units have so little HP that it's kinda hard to imagine them surviving a hit.

As you progress the main castle gets more units and certain types become infinite. But all over the map are places you can recruit units, and the world is freaking huuuugggggeeeee. But yea each place you recruit from has a limited stock, so you don't want to throw your units away but I never had problems keeping my army stocked with the troops I wanted.

Dice

vocab said:
Both games introduce completely different mechanics that change the way the game is played.
So it turns into Disgaea or something? I know what isn't my type and never will be, and this game is just that.

Sinatar said:
What the hell is Toki Tori? I guess it's this?
Uh ok.
It's a joke, man. It's all the rage here so I used it for cheap gamer cred. :lol

vocab

Dice said:
So it turns into Disgaea or something? I know what isn't my type and never will be, and this game is just that.

Nothing like Disgaea really. It's tactics, but that's really it. I don't like tactic games that much either, but King's Bounty I like a lot.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Played Jolly Rover which I bought in one of the indie packs.

Basically it's like an amateur Monkey Island, only you play as a Dog. That's a good thing. The game is pretty funny, it looks nice enough although modest. Some of the puzzles are pretty good. Nothing ridiculous. Lasts 3.5 hours or so.

Definitely recommend checking it out if you don't own it, or actually bothering to play it if you do.

AcridMeat

Banned
My friend gifted me Magic: The Gathering recently and I'm really enjoying it. :D

However! This current game is fucked!
PMZ4q.jpg

I swear to god I keep on drawing land cards OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. There are 26 land cards on there, I believe the deck had ~30 out of 70 total.

59% of my draws were mana. Now I have to deal with their piss poor way of selecting what creature you want to block for this bullshit.

Pachinko

AcridMeat said:
~snip~

I swear to god I keep on drawing land cards OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER. There are 26 land cards on there, I believe the deck had ~30 out of 70 total.

59% of my draws were mana. Now I have to deal with their piss poor way of selecting what creature you want to block for this bullshit.

In real magic the ratio is supposed to be 20 lands and 40 other spells for a 60 card deck, going past 60 tends to mess up your odds too much.

I can't recall if the magic video game let you customize anything though.

John

Pachinko said:
In real magic the ratio is supposed to be 20 lands and 40 other spells for a 60 card deck
is this a new thing? because back when kamigawa was t2 not even green would go with only 20 lands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom