• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
speculawyer said:
Is this what Tycho was talking about in Poker at the Inventory? 20 mana in a row or something like that?

Yes, precisely. :lol

@Pachinko I don't think you can remove lands from a deck. It all seems extremely limited, the only thing I think happens is unlocked cards go IN the deck.

Also I've spent about 10 minutes trying to get the blocks right since posting and I'm maybe half way done. I was considering quitting but not after this much commitment.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Twig said:
You are a terrible person. Just FYI.

This isn't news to anyone.

ejixw96qe.gif

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Usually, you want a little more than a third of the deck as lands. Like 22 of 60 or so.

It really depends on your deck though. The rules talk of a third, but most people go slightly over that because the worst thing that could happen is having no mana at all, and you want to play cheap creatures early in the grand majority of decks.

That's of course why people would enjoy a deck builder in this game :S

AcridMeat

Banned
Holy shit man, so I said fuck it and did the rest of my cards blocking randomly. 3 turns I've had now, guess what? Two more fucking mana.

edit: I see the issue, this deck is so crap. It has I think 33 mana out of 70 cards. How the hell did they allow that to happen.

edit 2: And that's that, all, all of them are in play.

vocab

Stumpokapow said:
Played Jolly Rover which I bought in one of the indie packs.

Basically it's like an amateur Monkey Island, only you play as a Dog. That's a good thing. The game is pretty funny, it looks nice enough although modest. Some of the puzzles are pretty good. Nothing ridiculous. Lasts 3.5 hours or so.

Definitely recommend checking it out if you don't own it, or actually bothering to play it if you do.

That's my next play through.

I beat and yet it moves, and I'm about to beat puzzle agent.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LovingSteam said:
The ARMA II add on and Civ 5 DLC is up on Steam.
Does the Civ V packs add anything worth while? I don't even have the game at my house yet and they go and release DLC D:

Drkirby said:
Does the Civ V packs add anything worth while? I don't even have the game at my house yet and they go and release DLC D:

Not sure. Although I bet that similar packs could be downloaded by the modding community for free.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Mount and Blade Warband is so awesome. Owned it for 3 days and played 7 hours... I'm so not passing my finales.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
shintoki said:
Mount and Blade Warband is so awesome. Owned it for 3 days and played 7 hours... I'm so not passing my finales.
I must resist the urge to let my now owned copy of WoW kill my finals. I can resist... Somewhat!

Drkirby said:
I must resist the urge to let my now owned copy of WoW kill my finals. I can resist... Somewhat!

I started playing WoW a couple weeks ago and have been doing very well. Still only at level 12 or 13. May play an hour or so a day.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I booted up Super Meat Boy. Played for 52 minutes straight, went for top leaderboard among friends with every stage, finished the Light World 1, finished half of dark world 1, played for 58 minutes and my thumb hurts like hell.

I love this game.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LovingSteam said:
I started playing WoW a couple weeks ago and have been doing very well. Still only at level 12 or 13. May play an hour or so a day.
I would be that if I didn't also give a copy to a friend, and him being an ass leveled me up 10 levels. Now I don't gain any XP from the quests I am supposed to do first!

shintoki said:

Seriously, so glad I bought this game. Put like 10 hours into it already and I feel like there's still so much to do.

so AVP runs like shit for me for some reason. I am running it on low specs. Should be able to run on high. quad core 3.0, radeon hd 3870 1gb, 4gb ram.

Any ideas why?

Jubbly

The Civ V DLC has been released: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6820/

Purchase the Asia, Americas, Mesopotamia and the Mediterranean map packs individually or as part of the Cradle of Civilization DLC bundle.

The Cradle of Civilization map packs are Firaxis-designed maps of real-world locations. You can play random leaders in these settings, or choose leaders appropriate to the history of these areas.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
AcridMeat said:
I won by default!!! The computer player didn't have any cards left in their deck. :lol :lol :lol
I once won a match after drawing my last card (Braingeyser) and using it to make my opponent draw the last of his deck. :lol

vocab

Heads up for anyone is playing King's Bounty: The legend on an ATI card. There is massive flickering on anything greater than 10.7.

OMG Aero

Two Tribe's RUSH will be out on Steam on Friday for $4.99/€4.49
Steam says there is a demo for but whenever I try to download it, Steam stops responding for a few seconds. When the demo does work though, you should all check it out. I got it on Wiiware and it's a really good puzzle game with nice presentation and music, it's kinda like Chu Chu Rocket with cubes.

trinest

OMG Aero said:
Two Tribe's RUSH will be out on Steam on Friday for $4.99/€4.49
Steam says there is a demo for but whenever I try to download it, Steam stops responding for a few seconds. When the demo does work though, you should all check it out. I got it on Wiiware and it's a really good puzzle game with nice presentation and music, it's kinda like Chu Chu Rocket with cubes.
That looks pretty cool.

Dreavus

Lead and Gold is surprisingly fun. I don't fully regret that 10 pack! (bringing it to a lan next week which should be fun, $2 buy-in :lol )

Some of the mechanics are pretty weird, such as leveling; which doesn't seem to actually do anything,(maybe gets you some extra health?) and the auras which seem to trigger inconsistently. I also think the game could use a few more weapons, since all 4 classes just have a pistol and a main weapon (the gunslinger only has a pistol). Still a fun game so far though.

Dreavus said:
Lead and Gold is surprisingly fun. I don't fully regret that 10 pack! (bringing it to a lan next week which should be fun, $2 buy-in :lol )

Some of the mechanics are pretty weird, such as leveling; which doesn't seem to actually do anything,(maybe gets you some extra health?) and the auras which seem to trigger inconsistently. I also think the game could use a few more weapons, since all 4 classes just have a pistol and a main weapon (the gunslinger only has a pistol). Still a fun game so far though.
The synergies trigger when you are within a certain, short distance from teammates... I haven't found it to be inconsistent. I agree that they need more variety--perhaps another class or alternate weapons for each class. On the other hand, I feel like the simplicity works pretty well.

gotee12 said:
Metro 2033 is still $12.69 with free shipping for a boxed copy on Amazon.
And it's one of the games you can add to Steam with the CD key.

Minsc

Gold Member
vocab said:
Heads up for anyone is playing King's Bounty: The legend on an ATI card. There is massive flickering on anything greater than 10.7.

There wasn't any last time I checked, I'll give it a look tonight if I remember. I have the retail copy of original though, dunno if that matters.

Mako_Drug said:
GFWL has ruined my Dirt 2 experience :(
GFWL ruins almost every multiplayer experience. This is part and parcel of buying one of those garbage ridden games. Codemasters are one of the last major holdouts on this bullshit alongside Rockstar.

Nickiepoo

I really liked it when GfWL made me set up port forwarding so that I could play my singleplayer game (Batman in this case, it refused to log into my account).

Dreavus said:

Elegance in simplicity. Leveling makes your class aura better. The leveling is self contained within a match so that the game doesn't unbalance itself for newbies.

What that game really needs is a TF2 hat. Then it would have sold gangbusters.

Sanjay

Nickiepoo said:
I really liked it when GfWL made me set up port forwarding so that I could play my singleplayer game (Batman in this case, it refused to log into my account).

On the bright side at least they use unified ports!

Nickiepoo

Well, it's better than not being able to play Dawn of War 2 because my gold account had run out. 'But DoW2 shouldn't need gold' I hear you say. Well yes, that's what I said too.

Turns out it was because the card feeding it had expired and the account had reverted to silver but wouldn't let me play anything until I gave them a new set of details, again, despite the fact that gold isn't required for any aspect of DoW2.

Not that this is the GfWL bashing thread, but jeez.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
King's bounty is gone from my list, but the files are still on my HD. Steam didn't delete them. I still can't play the game - so you guys better delete them manually.

Edit: IT showed up again, but the game still doesn't run. clicking on it just sends me to it's store page.

webrunner

wmat said:
Usually, you want a little more than a third of the deck as lands. Like 22 of 60 or so.

It really depends on your deck though. The rules talk of a third, but most people go slightly over that because the worst thing that could happen is having no mana at all, and you want to play cheap creatures early in the grand majority of decks.

That's of course why people would enjoy a deck builder in this game :S

Zendikar block kinda messed with people's heads, landwise (I think one of the popular Landfall decks was like, 50/50 or more), but generally it's like, just over a 1/3rd as you sya.

I usually build with a 1/3rd and then add special land (like duals) on top of that. But I'm not actually very good at magic.

John

for a deck with no mana accel not named affinity i've always gone with 24/60. i'm pretty sure that's the standard.

Minsc

Gold Member
drizzle said:
King's bounty is gone from my list, but the files are still on my HD. Steam didn't delete them. I still can't play the game - so you guys better delete them manually.

Edit: IT showed up again, but the game still doesn't run. clicking on it just sends me to it's store page.

I don't understand, did it remove itself from your list automatically without telling you? Does removing it entirely and re-downloading it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom