• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

classicdms said:
I had done random google searches before, for mods for Deus Ex but came up with nothing. Other games I'd be interested in finding graphics mods for are stuff like KOTOR and Max Payne, and the original Prince of Persia games.

I know mod.db exists but is there another centralized place that I can use to find ways to fuck with games?
Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/ is a good place for info on getting old games to run in widescreen. There should be KOTOR instructions there.

markot

Banned
20% off swords and soldiers >.< definately getting.

Why are indie games a thousand times more likely to support STEAMPLAY then big pub games >.>?

Nabs

Blizzard said:
If you mean the mod, maybe he means Diablohead's work.

Video from old work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E12yrvT1GzA
Recent post of his: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24643790&postcount=2298
Recent post of his with screenshots: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24642736&postcount=2231

If you mean the official thread...apparently it really does not exist. How odd. There's even a Dirt 1 official thread. :lol

There's no mod until he creates a new one.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
markot said:
Why are indie games a thousand times more likely to support STEAMPLAY then big pub games >.>?
Idk, but I have been purchasing way too many of these and it always feels good because I'm like shiiit Steam Cloud/Achievements/Leaderboards? How can I say no?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
When do the Christmas sales usually start?

OMG Aero

MNC said:
Fucking hell, RUSH looks great. Definitely going to buy... What's it priced at? I hope it's not 10 bucks for some 3-5 hour game.
The trailer says $4.99/€4.49, and I have the game on Wiiware, if this game is anything like that it will probably take you more than 5 hours unless you use a walkthrough or are a genius.

Twig said:
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

If the game is good, it's good. Ten bucks for 3-5 hours is a pretty fucking good deal if it's the kind of game you know you like.

I don't buy that many new games, either, because my backlog is huge. Probably bigger than yours. I feel safe in saying that because it is huge. But when I saw Super Meat Boy finally on Steam I bought it in an instant, and would have bought it even without the preorder discount. Basically, what SapientWolf said above.

Because I realize this post makes me sound like I think I'm better than all of you, I'm going to make a point of saying that I am better than all of you. F yeah.

You're kinda missing the point, we can afford to quibble over $5 - $10 for amazingly good games because there are so many out there. The whole relation between the dollar value of the game and the quality of the game becomes irrelevant when the limiting factor is the time you have to spend playing them. Since there is so much quality out there for such a low price, we have the option of passing up on ridiculously good deals because we won't lose anything doing so, since we don't have the time to play them, or by the time we do, the price will be even lower.

It's not cheapness, it's just that PC developers and Steam have created an amazingly favorable market for me as a PC gaming enthusiast.

ArjanN

markot said:

I think part of it is that a lot of these indie games only come out on Steam, bigger games are also in retail stores, and they don't like Steamworks stuff.

ArjanN

PedroLumpy said:
You're kinda missing the point, we can afford to quibble over $5 - $10 for amazingly good games because there are so many out there. The whole relation between the dollar value of the game and the quality of the game becomes irrelevant when the limiting factor is the time you have to spend playing them. Since there is so much quality out there for such a low price, we have the option of passing up on ridiculously good deals because we won't lose anything doing so, since we don't have the time to play them, or by the time we do, the price will be even lower.

It's not cheapness, it's just that PC developers and Steam have created an amazingly favorable market for me as a PC gaming enthusiast.

Depends on how much games you play I guess. I play pretty much anything that's any good and I'm fairly caught up on my backlog, so I'm aways looking forward to new games.

If you have a huge backlog or don't game that much you might as well wait.

PedroLumpy said:

Hear hear.

Schmattakopf said:
Hear hear.

I visualized your post as that frog in your avatar saying "hear hear" in sort of a snooty froogy type of voice. He then sips his tea out of a tiny tea cup and adjusts his monocle.

gregor7777 said:
I visualized your post as that frog in your avatar saying "hear hear" in sort of a snooty froogy type of voice. He then sips his tea out of a tiny tea cup and adjusts his monocle.
Hmm, quite.

Although, that's no frog, it's a biggs and his name is Wilhelm von Puzzleworth...
just a cute wittle baby biggs at a cute wittle tea party with his cute wittle hat. :3

SmokyDave

PedroLumpy said:

I need to print this shit out and stick it on my monitor. Maybe use it as my iPhone background as well. Great games are so cheap nowadays that I already think my backlog is insurmountable. I've promised myself I won't buy anything until the Xmas sale now. We'll see.

My backlog isn't nearly the size as the worst offenders here, but my problem tends to be that I jump from game to game so often.

I mean I'm having fun which is what it's all about, but I'd like to complete a game every now and then. :lol

I just beat Shatter which is something I suppose.

Twig

Banned
PedroLumpy said:

You're completely missing the point.

My issue is not with taking advantage of sales. It is with people being fucking stupid.

And, yes, it is cheapness sometimes.

COUGH BLOODLINES COUGH COUGH COUGH

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Look, even the wealthiest/most financially irresponsible of us make budgeting decisions. That's not ultimately the point of anyone complaining about some of you being ridiculously cheap.

If you want to play a game, determine how much that experience should cost and don't pay a dollar above that. Super Meat Boy, for example, is worth the 15 dollar asking price. So when I saw it for $10, I jumped at it. I got the thing I want for less than I was willing to pay. This isn't being cheap; this is being thrifty.

Now, if I said: Yeah, I'd love Super Meat Boy, but I'll wait until it's a dollar. That's me being cheap. Your backlog is irrelevant at this point because you've set an amount of money you are willing to pay to play the game and it is absurdly low.

Edit: Sup Twig.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Sales are awesome. They convince me to buy games I would never have bought otherwise. They convince me to buy random multiplayer games that will *maybe* last us a week. However, when people act say shit like "I really want this game" and then follow it up with "but I am going to wait for an even better sale" or shit like "I have been waiting two years for this sale to happen, do it already!" it irritates the shit out of me.

Stallion Free said:
Sales are awesome. They convince me to buy games I would never have bought otherwise. They convince me to buy random multiplayer games that will *maybe* last us a week. However, when people act say shit like "I really want this game" and then follow it up with "but I am going to wait for an even better sale" or shit like "I have been waiting two years for this sale to happen, do it already!" it irritates the shit out of me.

Get over it. Seriously.

I've spent a bunch of money on games, have tons to play, but would like to buy certain games for certain reasons at a certain price. I have no need to play them now. I can wait.

I find your constant bitching about it irritating. Here's my post telling you that.

John

I just went through my steam list uninstalling all the games I know I'll never touch again. It's a melancholy act, admitting defeat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
John said:
I just went through my steam list uninstalling all the games I know I'll never touch again. It's a melancholy act, admitting defeat.

They'll always be there for you in the future :)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
gregor7777 said:
I find your constant bitching about it irritating. Here's my post telling you that.
And here we go kicking it to the next level. Bitching about some who is bitching about people bitching over something.

:lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Stallion, you fail to realize that only my bitching is the one true bitching and that all other bitching is an abomination unto the Lord.

P.S. I am the Lord.

Ihya

John said:

The steam sales bring out the poor decision making in all of us. Certain purchases must never be spoken of on the gaf.

Twig

Banned
gregor7777 said:
Get over it. Seriously.

I've spent a bunch of money on games, have tons to play, but would like to buy certain games for certain reasons at a certain price. I have no need to play them now. I can wait.

How do you not understand that the bolded here is not the bolded
Stallion Free said:
here.

Two completely goddamn different things here.

Unless you're one of those Bloodlines freaks, in which case, you can kindly go climb Everest naked.

Stallion Free said:
And here we go kicking it to the next level. Bitching about some who is bitching about people bitching over something.

:lol

:D

here.

Two completely goddamn different things here.

Unless you're one of those Bloodlines freaks, in which case, you can kindly go climb Everest naked.

I don't see how. There's games I really want but like I said, I have plenty else to play and I can wait. For a sale. Because why spend $20 now when I can spend $10 later and play the same damn game?

Mind you I still buy full price games for things I must absolutely play now, but there are very few of those games.

and I bought Bloodlines at retail but I'm still waiting on a DD sale. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom