• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stallion Free said:
What about DLC? I paid 15$ to have my ass rammed by Kotick, that calculator better goddamn show it or I'm suing Texas Instruments!

I don't think it does. Although it will most likely show your pre order for Vietnam after it comes out lol.

Joe Molotov said:
I wonder if this a clue as to what an upcoming objective might be. I'm playing it now and stockpiling my cheevos, just in case!

Yup. I was just going to say that. Definitely can see it being a game that will be on sale and have an achievement.

Nabs

I hope the Iron Grip developers release the Steamworks update soon. Valve could then force everyone to play it. That would be awesome.

stuminus3

Incredible Machine! Lemmings! $2.50! Bought! Fuck!

This Steam wallet business is bad, all these little $2 - $3 dollar purchases are going to add up and I'm not even going to notice.

ne1

Nabs said:
I hope the Iron Grip developers release the Steamworks update soon. Valve could then force everyone to play it. That would be awesome.
Have there actually been any news about this supposed update since before summer? I'm beginning to lose hope about it ever surfacing... =/

Nabs

Yeah, they are currently testing one of the new maps (or is it just one map?), and hope to have it out by the end of the year.

Shaneus

Quick question: I'm planning on buying Eets for myself and gifting it to my brother as well... do I really have to do two separate transactions? I can't see any options to get two copies in one hit and it's pissing me right off :/

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Shaneus said:
Quick question: I'm planning on buying Eets for myself and gifting it to my brother as well... do I really have to do two separate transactions? I can't see any options to get two copies in one hit and it's pissing me right off :/

You have to do two separate transactions.

Blizzard

Banned
At $3 and $1.25 respectively, Poker Night at the Inventory and Chime are holding the #2 and #4 spots on the top sellers list. Just goes to show how well cheap games sell!

...at a sale price of $33.50, R.U.S.E. holds the #3 spot. Valve, your marketing tactics are genius. :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I really hope Poker Night sells enough to warrant a similar game from Telltale. Such a fun little thing.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Lyphen said:
I really hope Poker Night sells enough to warrant a similar game from Telltale. Such a fun little thing.

Well it's annihilating the sales charts at the moment (seriously, they have to sell 20 copies to match one COD and they are still ahead of it). Plus it appears to basically be a reskin of their other Texas Hold'em game so I can't imagine it cost a lot to make.

Sinatar said:
Well it's annihilating the sales charts at the moment (seriously, they have to sell 20 copies to match one COD and they are still ahead of it). Plus it appears to basically be a reskin of their other Texas Hold'em game so I can't imagine it cost a lot to make.
that steam hunt is doing something good :lol

Twig said:
Seriously? That's doing them quite a bit of discredit, man.
Yeah that game is 5 years old. They've completely overhauled their engine since then. They may have used previous knowledge to make it, but calling it a reskin is far from accurate (having played both).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Btw Super Laser Racer is fun, is very simple and you will probably get bored of it after a couple of hours but i enjoyed it. The new update that adds online racing seems pretty damn cool so i'd say that if SLR goes on sale these days i would encourage giving the demo a try.

Brashnir

Gexecuter said:
Btw Super Laser Racer is fun, is very simple and you will probably get bored of it after a couple of hours but i enjoyed it. The new update that adds online racing seems pretty damn cool so i'd say that if SLR goes on sale these days i would encourage giving the demo a try.

Yeah, it's a fun little game. It's basically Super Sprint meets Wipeout in Geometry Wars clothing.

I just wish I could play it with the spinners on my arcade cabinet.

Twig said:
what

because i said "it's all right"?

And by that I mean I amputated his left arm.

Are there any screenies of the new TF2 hats yet? I assume if they've been uploaded into TF2s codebase someone has already decompiled them....

Joe Molotov said:
Hey LovingSteam, I saw that new guy that you friended had 1400+ games, lol. Wild.

Probably a press account?

Ten cookies to whomever can answer this.

I can unlock my treasure hat in TF2 right now with my 7 completed objectives. But if I do that, then will I not be able to unlock the one you get for 15 completed objectives later on?

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Joe Molotov said:
Hey LovingSteam, I saw that new guy that you friended had 1400+ games, lol. Wild.
... christ. I have 151 games and I thought that was a lot. Goddamn.

Wallach

TouchMyBox said:
Probably a press account?

Ten cookies to whomever can answer this.

I can unlock my treasure hat in TF2 right now with my 7 completed objectives. But if I do that, then will I not be able to unlock the one you get for 15 completed objectives later on?

You can unlock the next one up still. It will replace the lower objective one in TF2.

Catshade

speculawyer said:
They don't give you the free Samaroost though that was added. Perhaps an oversight?

Samorost is not part of the original bundle; It's added later as a 'bonus' game or something like that.

bloodydrake said:
looks like the Horror game of the Year is on sale for 9.99 this weekend.
Good deal for those that have been waiting to pick up Amnesia.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/57300/

Alright, anybody I see who doesn't own this game come Monday is going to suffer the wrath of me singing Disney music to them in TF2 or whatever the kids play these days.

You have no excuses people, it will even run on your piece of crap Gateway PC.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
wmat said:

I will, why shouldnt he? If he has enough games he doesnt need to immediately buy it if a cheaper day to buy it might be right around the corner.

For the record: I dont mind the 10€ price tag, but since it might be down to 5€ in 2 weeks...eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom