• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Molotov

BioHazard said:
Don't worry Joe, I bit on RUSE too! We should see which one of us backs out of the quest for 28 achievements first :lol Have you got all of the first four?

Yep, just got the RUSE one (took me about 7.8 seconds :lol ). I'm hoping the rest of the games I either already have or are $1.25 like Chime.

Shaneus

Omi said:
Maybe... I just think the Steam Calc is broken :lol

I own ~140 games on steam I think and it only registers 117. *Shrug*
Mine doesn't show anything *at all*, yet when I click on my Steam ID number it takes me to the correct profile page. Weird.

Anyway, I'm kinda relieved... I'd have a heart attack if I truly knew how much I'd spent :lol

UrbanRats

BuddhaRockstar said:
So, now that the topic of the steam calculator is over, let's move on to a much more pressing issue- what the heck are the "Steam" mascots supposed to be? Is there a history to these guys? I remember they used to be confined to the community page but now they've invaded the store. Do they have names?!
To me, the Steam mascot, has always been the green square with the percentage in it.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
BuddhaRockstar said:
So, now that the topic of the steam calculator is over, let's move on to a much more pressing issue- what the heck are the "Steam" mascots supposed to be? Is there a history to these guys? I remember they used to be confined to the community page but now they've invaded the store. Do they have names?!

I kinda wonder the same thing. I think they're kinda cute and funny. Not in a japanese hentai way.

IrishNinja

so, Poker Night at the Inventory...i'm a cheap bastard, but is there $3 of content there if i dont yet collect TF2 hats? i love strongbad and dont mind the other guys, a single player poker game might be alright if not too awfully repetitive...thoughts?

so, so cheap

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
IrishNinja said:
so, Poker Night at the Inventory...i'm a cheap bastard, but is there $3 of content there if i dont yet collect TF2 hats? i love strongbad and dont mind the other guys, a single player poker game might be alright if not too awfully repetitive...thoughts?

so, so cheap
I put 4 hours into it and found it enjoyable, and will likely load it up some other time to see how the harder modes are.

Tokubetsu

Baha said:
Dammit, caved in and bought Evil Genius + Chime.

I love Evil Genius but it's pretty broken. Your base will never be good enough. The SA let's play is hilarious though so be sure to check it out once you've spent sometime with the game.

Jubbly

The AI is easily exploitable once you've worked out its quirks, and the characters do have the occasional 'tell' animation.

In the first few rounds try to be conservative if you're unsure of your hand, then start picking off the weaker characters.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Joe Molotov said:
Yep, just got the RUSE one (took me about 7.8 seconds :lol ). I'm hoping the rest of the games I either already have or are $1.25 like Chime.
I was wondering who would bite on Ruse and you're the only one out of the 172 on my friends list who bought it. :lol

Wish they showed what the hats looked like.

Slavik81

Jokey665 said:
Fuck poker night. Each time one of them has a tf2 item out i just lose repeatedly. Dumb shit is dumb.

</rage>
I have the same problem. I win a lot, but I have never gotten an item. In the best case, I'm way in the lead when they go all-in and I get a hand ranging anywhere from terrible to amazing... And someone else beats me.

In the worst case, I'm barely hanging on and I'll be forced to nearly go all-in on a wild hope.

Blizzard

Banned
Jubbly said:
You could just keep spamming 'New Game' to ensure that each time you play the Heavy is offering up his gun.
enzo_gt said:
Yeah so I kept trying to start new game thing to get the Iron Curtain again, and I've fucked myself over. It no longer shows up, nor any items, and I'm 400 000 in the hole. More than that.

Help? :( No more items are appearing!
Is there a possible glitch if you do it though? No one answered him yet. (disclaimer, I haven't launched the game myself so I don't know if he was just missing an option or something)

Just an FYI!

Valve said:
Grand Prize Drawing: To enter, a user must complete 10 or more objectives above by the end of December 19, 2010, and then be logged into Steam at some time on December 20, 2010 (12:01am PST – 11:59 PM PST), the first day of the Steam Christmas Sale.

UrbanRats

Oh god, 20th December is judgment day, paybacktime, apocalypse, whatever you wanna call it.
Prepare your wallets folks, 'cause when kingdom come, ther'll be hell to pay.

Jubbly

Blizzard said:
Is there a possible glitch if you do it though? No one answered him yet. (disclaimer, I haven't launched the game myself so I don't know if he was just missing an option or something)

There does appear to be a problem if you go too far into the red... Not sure how you'd lose that much personally, as you're not charged $10k when you restart before the first cards are dealt. Perhaps delete the local save file in %HOMEPATH%\Documents\Telltale Games\Poker Night at the Inventory and try again?

IceMarker

UrbanRats said:
Oh god, 20th December is judgment day, paybacktime, apocalypse, whatever you wanna call it.
Prepare your wallets folks, 'cause when kingdom come, ther'll be hell to pay.
Good thing I've been saving up cash!

deleted

And I thought that I could relaxe a bit til the holiday sale but in the meantime
Steam launches a Metagame?

What a brilliant idea and yet devestating. I won't buy Ruse for this price, but Chime? Bought!
I didn't plan to play Poker-Night until I finished AvP, Alpha Protocol and Meatboy, but here I am, trying to get the Iron Curtain.
Don't get me wrong, I think its fun, its not like I have to play these games, but more of a recommandation of what to play/buy next.

Blizzard

Banned
Jubbly said:
There does appear to be a problem if you go too far into the red... Not sure how you'd lose that much personally, as you're not charged $10k when you restart before the first cards are dealt. Perhaps delete the local save file in %HOMEPATH%\Documents\Telltale Games\Poker Night at the Inventory and try again?
Hmm, ok. And hopefully it doesn't use mandatory cloud save restore or something, thus meaning you're DOOMED 4 LIFE. :lol

stuminus3

Holy crap, Chime is incredible. I thought I'd just load it up and play the achievement with the intention of really getting into it later. Then I forgot to go to bed.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
stuminus3 said:
Holy crap, Chime is incredible. I thought I'd just load it up and play the achievement with the intention of really getting into it later. Then I forgot to go to bed.

Yup. Love that game. Its a bit unfortunate that there only a few songs though. Could very well be a full fledged game concept.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Just out of curiousity, is there a comprehensive list of last years ( wortwhile ) christmas sales-offers?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
slamskank said:
101 showing only 87 here.
It might not count shit like Editors/Mod Tools/Deactivation Tools (I'm looking at you Batman), that the Steam list does. I WOULDN'T KNOW FOR SURE SO MAYBE I SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT THIS WEBSITE.

Stallion Free said:
It might not count shit like Editors/Mod Tools/Deactivation Tools (I'm looking at you Batman), that the Steam list does. I WOULDN'T KNOW FOR SURE SO MAYBE I SHOULD TAKE A LOOK AT THIS WEBSITE.

It doesn't count certain games as well. I have more games then the calculator is displaying. If you look under your Library, click on Show All Games, it tells you how many actual games you have, not counting Tools and DLC. The Calculator doesn't take into consideration all of your games.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LovingSteam said:
It doesn't count certain games as well. I have more games then the calculator is displaying. If you look under your Library, click on Show All Games, it tells you how many actual games you have, not counting Tools and DLC. The Calculator doesn't take into consideration all of your games.
What about DLC? I paid 15$ to have my ass rammed by Kotick, that calculator better goddamn show it or I'm suing Texas Instruments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom