• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Joe Molotov said:
Okay, I did it. You broke my will, Gabe you bastard. Are you happy now? I hope so.
Holy shit you broke that easily. I have zero interest in Ruse so I can't even begin to justify it. I also don't care about TF2 hats anymore thank god.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Holy shit you broke that easily. I have zero interest in Ruse so I can't even begin to justify it. I also don't care about TF2 hats anymore thank god.
I care about the hats, but not enough to buy RUSE. Plus, I've got to keep my priorities in check right now. END OF FIRST SEMESTER OF GRAD SCHOOL, HOOOOO.

Sinatar said:
RUSE is a good game, seems to be getting a lot of hate for nothing?
I don't think it's getting that much hate, it's just $30 for something people don't know about/aren't interested in.

I played in the beta, it's solid. It felt like a console RTS though.

Joe Molotov

Stallion Free said:

But just think how much that hat's gonna be worth on the open market? nom nom nom

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Joe Molotov said:
But just think how much that hat's gonna be worth on the open market? nom nom nom
Holy shit, I did read that some guys at Something Awful got 150$ for some unique hats (the ones that glow or have effects), you could probably make a killing if you get this hat.

52club

Diablohead said:
Poker night 40% off already? early day 1 adopters struck down again by the gaming world!

Only Steam can make $2 seem like a big deal, and no I haven't purchased this game. Nor will I even at 40%. It does seem like a good deal for TF2 players though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
52club said:
Only Steam can make $2 seem like a big deal, and no I haven't purchased this game. Nor will I even at 40%. It does seem like a good deal for TF2 players though.
It's a fun game. :(

My biggest deterrent for this sale? Forcing me to play the games I buy during my finals. Not going to happen, Steam. You aren't going to murder my grades too.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Lyphen said:
It's a fun game. :(

My biggest deterrent for this sale? Forcing me to play the games I buy during my finals. Not going to happen, Steam. You aren't going to murder my grades too.

Fail a couple classes just to retake them next semester or WIN 100 GAMES ON STEAM!

Choose wisely my friend...

Shaneus

MrNyarlathotep said:
I have over 200 games on Steam already.

If I win 100 more.... fuck, I'm not even sure there's 100 more titles on steam I want.
You say that now, but when that Steam Christmas sale comes around... oh boy :lol

Twig

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Haha, man. I bet you could make back all the money you spend on games selling that hat down the line. AND you get all those games for "free". Genius!

Twig said:
Haha, man. I bet you could make back all the money you spend on games selling that hat down the line. AND you get all those games for "free". Genius!

"I have all the achievements so far, there's only one day left, and so far I've only spent $40, this is awesome!"

Next day-

Final Achievement- "Steam Powered- Buy Railworks + All DLC"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

ArjanN

LovingSteam said:
Oh, there is.

I don't think there are 100 games on steam that interest me, that I don't already own on Steam. But they can just give me everything that's released in 2011. :p

Joe Molotov

BuddhaRockstar said:
"I have all the achievements so far, there's only one day left, and so far I've only spent $40, this is awesome!"

Next day-

Final Achievement- "Steam Powered- Buy Railworks + All DLC"

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

:lol :lol

Bite the pillow, Gabe's going in without lube!

I haven't crossed the $1000.00 mark yet but that's about to change with the announcement of the oddbox coming this holiday season. A collection of all the Oddworld games coming to steam even munch's odyssey and strangers wrath the two games I missed on the original xbox.

Currently 63 games valued at $983.38

Fredescu

You guys need to stop talking about the Steam Calculator or there are going to be little bits and pieces of Stallion Free all over this thread.

Shaneus

Joe Molotov said:
STEAMCALCULATOR BATTLE!
Mine doesn't work :/ My Steam community page says I own 179 games though, so the total cost can't be good considering what other people with fewer games are valued at :lol

Actually, the reason it may not work could be due to having several games that aren't available in the Australian Steam store... perhaps.

3/4 for the first day is not so bad...
I had to skip the RUSE one, liked the game... but I'm in no position to spend the 33 bucks, specially knowing that they could through deals like Chime and Poker Night the whole Treasure Hunt.

Omikron

Shaneus said:
Mine doesn't work :/ My Steam community page says I own 179 games though, so the total cost can't be good considering what other people with fewer games are valued at :lol

Actually, the reason it may not work could be due to having several games that aren't available in the Australian Steam store... perhaps.

Maybe... I just think the Steam Calc is broken :lol

I own ~140 games on steam I think and it only registers 117. *Shrug*

So, now that the topic of the steam calculator is over, let's move on to a much more pressing issue- what the heck are the "Steam" mascots supposed to be? Is there a history to these guys? I remember they used to be confined to the community page but now they've invaded the store. Do they have names?!

BioHazard

Joe Molotov said:
Okay, I did it. You broke my will, Gabe you bastard. Are you happy now? I hope so.
Don't worry Joe, I bit on RUSE too! We should see which one of us backs out of the quest for 28 achievements first :lol Have you got all of the first four?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom