• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
never played Penumbra so can't comment.

I definately enjoyed the hell out of it. I dont' think there were any parts where i was at a loss with what to do. I think the goals are pretty straightforward just you have to figure out how to resolve them.

bloodydrake said:
never played Penumbra so can't comment.

I definately enjoyed the hell out of it. I dont' think there were any parts where i was at a loss with what to do. I think the goals are pretty straightforward just you have to figure out how to resolve them.
Sounds fair. I just remember a specific puzzle in Penumbra Overture where you had to know to pull a lever to activate something far away that I would have had no idea if I wasn't playing along with a guide. The demo for Amnesia seemed more fair though.

Spwn

charlequin said:
No.

(By which I mean, I would take this sale as a signal it's not going to drop to $5 in the Holiday Sale.)

Seems like everybody has forgotten about last year and the Torchlight sales.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Amnesia is the best budget game released this year. At $20 it was a steal, and at $10 you're actually committing a crime. Just buy the damn thing and get it over with, and then feel bad about how cheap you were.

MNC

MrNyarlathotep said:
And by that I mean I amputated his left arm.

Are there any screenies of the new TF2 hats yet? I assume if they've been uploaded into TF2s codebase someone has already decompiled them....
:lol That fucking doctor.

Spwn said:
Seems like everybody has forgotten about last year and the Torchlight sales.

I didn't forget, but the fact that people always have to use Torchlight as their example shows that it's not all that common. It's a safer bet to snag this for $10 now than hope it goes to $5 (but probably just hangs out at $15 all Xmas.)

1-D_FTW

I thought of a great new feature for Steam: a "wheel of fortune" spinner. If you've just completed a game, you can have all your unfinished games appear on the wheel, give it a spin, and let it pick your next game to play. I'd use it.

1-D_FTW said:
I thought of a great new feature for Steam: a "wheel of fortune" spinner. If you've just completed a game, you can have all your unfinished games appear on the wheel, give it a spin, and let it pick your next game to play. I'd use it.
Why not just have it put all the game choices into a...

hat.

coopolon

1-D_FTW said:

As would I.

52club

charlequin said:
I didn't forget, but the fact that people always have to use Torchlight as their example shows that it's not all that common. It's a safer bet to snag this for $10 now than hope it goes to $5 (but probably just hangs out at $15 all Xmas.)

NVM

Ok guys figured try once more, I have an nvidia game coupon download for hawx 2 looking to trade for a copy of garys mod, anyone up for it?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'd be up for that if I had a joystick. Regular controllers just aren't right for flight games.

graywolf323

1-D_FTW said:

the wheel would have to be the size of a house to have all my unfinished games appear :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
1-D_FTW said:
I think Steam needs an 'export to excel' function so you can really get dirty with it. :lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
graywolf323 said:
the wheel would have to be the size of a house to have all my unfinished games appear :lol
Then it should be a fishing game.

Minsc

Gold Member
Dice said:
Then it should be a fishing game.

With different fishing ponds for the different types of fish. You wouldn't want a Plants vs Zombie fish coming from the same pond as a Civilization V fish would you?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A better system would be for Steam to just pick an unplayed/unfinished game at random and say it will remove the game from your list within 24 hours if left untouched.

1-D_FTW

morningbus said:
A better system would be for Steam to just pick an unplayed/unfinished game at random and say it will remove the game from your list within 24 hours if left untouched.

That would be the "bankrupt" zone on the wheel. And believe me, I thought of that.:lol

poweld

I watched the GB quick look of Undergarden, but still am not sure if I should bite on it. Anyone here have impressions?

stuminus3

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
-Updated some files, for no reason whatsoever.
:lol

I love TF2 patch notes.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Is the d2d version of Alpha Protocol able to be registered with steam? Do games have to be strictly steamworks for that to happen or are there exceptions?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
mattiewheels said:
Is the d2d version of Alpha Protocol able to be registered with steam? Do games have to be strictly steamworks for that to happen or are there exceptions?

Alpha Protocol is not a title you can activate on Steam. Generally they have to be a steamworks game to get that ability, there have been very few exceptions.

Here's the full list.

Valve said:
Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Team Fortress 2
Updated some files, for no reason whatsoever

Anybody else see this? Wonder what its for. Last time they had an update like this, it started the Portal 2 ARG.

EDIT: No big deal, just new crates.

speculawyer said:
Even though that is not on the list?

Do I want it?

I looked at a few videos and I'd say no, no you don't. It would be about $9-10 after tax and honestly, it isn't worth it. Darksiders may be but even then, with tax its about $18. I figure I'll just wait on a 75% sale on both.

Just tried Steam on Mac for the first time, and I´m a bit dissapointed with Steam play. I installed Torchlight, and was under the impression that Steam play would allow me to play with the same characters on both PC and Mac, but it doesn´t seem to work that way.

CecilRousso said:
Just tried Steam on Mac for the first time, and I´m a bit dissapointed with Steam play. I installed Torchlight, and was under the impression that Steam play would allow me to play with the same characters on both PC and Mac, but it doesn´t seem to work that way.

I think that is a Torchlight problem and not SteamCloud. Steam CAN do cross platform saves, but Torchlight wasn't designed to support that.

Googling, looks like people have had hit or miss success at manually copying a PC save and using it on Mac. http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265384

AcridMeat

Banned
Just quickly jumped in a couple games I haven't in a while.

I really really like Shattered Horizon. I wish people played it regularly.

edit: I have 17 friends who have played it. Only a couple have over 4 hours played. I have 15 :lol :lol

Salaadin

Anyone have issues with Deus Ex and the d3d10 renderer thingy? I installed it the other day and everything was fine and I was able to go thru training and start the main game. Now when I click Deus Ex, it starts to boot but I get nothing on screen and then I get the Windows error "bing" and then the game crashes after a few seconds. No errors show in the event log.

The game works on the default renderer but wont let me play at 1920x1080.

CecilRousso said:
Steam Play and Steam Cloud are different things. Play means you own the game for both systems. Cloud means it saves your game on Valve's server so you can resume on any system. I guess Torchlight just wasn't made for cross-system play, since it came out before Valve did this, so they can't make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom