• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoFuzz

Baha said:
He probably lives in Germany where L4D2 was censored. He's asking somebody to gift him a copy of the uncensored version and he'll pay the person gifting via Paypal.
Aussie's got shafted with a bloodless zombie game as well.

Even the the idea of such a thing is lolz.

Minsc

Gold Member
Baha said:
It starts on the 20th when the Steam Treasure Hunt ends.

Yea, the holiday sale last year went through New Year's, I like it more that way as it gives me something to look forward to after xmas!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hope MNC has longer legs on the PC. You never know with these indie shooters - Lead and Gold and Shattered Horizon seem to be dead these days.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
firehawk12 said:
I hope MNC has longer legs on the PC. You never know with these indie shooters - Lead and Gold and Shattered Horizon seem to be dead these days.

I don't think Lead and Gold ever had a constant userbase. It had a great deal of problems on launch and by the time of the first round of sales it was dead in the water.

Blizzard

Banned
firehawk12 said:
To be honest, I haven't played either in ages myself, so I'm part of the problem. :lol
I liked Lead and Gold, but the lack of good dedicated servers (even if that was just the impression I got) probably hurts it, which is in turn partly due to the lack of popularity and configurability maybe?

I also would have liked an option for anti-aliasing. I don't think TheOctagon ever took up the challenge of trying to make it look amazing. It looked decent even without AA, and I seem to recall the lighting being especially nice.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
ahoyhoy said:
I don't think Lead and Gold ever had a constant userbase. It had a great deal of problems on launch and by the time of the first round of sales it was dead in the water.
since the last free weekend, i've always found atleast one full server in l&g. breaking double figures in a simultaneous playerbase isn't exactly reason to crack out the moonshine and start playing banjo, but it's serviceable.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Blizzard said:
I liked Lead and Gold, but the lack of good dedicated servers (even if that was just the impression I got) probably hurts it, which is in turn partly due to the lack of popularity and configurability maybe?

I also would have liked an option for anti-aliasing. I don't think TheOctagon ever took up the challenge of trying to make it look amazing. It looked decent even without AA, and I seem to recall the lighting being especially nice.

Maybe. I just have no idea why some live and some die. It could be the smaller indie studios just can't survive long enough to keep a small but dedicated user base.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
At least Lead and Gold has a working Mulitplay, I am still very disappointed in that while Sega turned off the servers for Outrun 2006, they could not of bothered to simply put in a way to just put in the IP address of the person you wanted to play. But they also delisted the game from steam, so I doubt they give any damn.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have a wishlist of 40 games. Now I just need my PC so I can play them. I've been spending a lot of time on my account, just fuckin around and trying to get everything set up right for when I have my rig good to go.

Steam seems pretty nice. I have about 10 games now and I'll keep chomping on all the big sales so I'll have an even better library to start with. I still can't get over how cool it is that I just bought Left 4 Dead 2 for only $5, that's a crazy good deal compared to where I'm coming from.

Snuggler said:
I have a wishlist of 40 games. Now I just need my PC so I can play them. I've been spending a lot of time on my account, just fuckin around and trying to get everything set up right for when I have my rig good to go.

Steam seems pretty nice. I have about 10 games now and I'll keep chomping on all the big sales so I'll have an even better library to start with. I still can't get over how cool it is that I just bought Left 4 Dead 2 for only $5, that's a crazy good deal compared to where I'm coming from.

Be very careful then and start working extra or whatever you can to earn some extra money.

The winter sale is coming

soon

With only 10 games in your library you will be more vulnerable then most.

Good luck and no matter how cheap, don't buy project freedom.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
bring on the Winter sale

they will all be Chrimbus presents to myself, I'm just hoping Dragon Age, new Fallout, Mass Effect 1/2 or The Witcher or Stalker (I'm not adding the periods again) go on sale.

I have to rebuild my faves and catch up with everything I missed.

Can't wait, I hope the Chrimbus sale rocks my shit just so I have a ton to play when my system is a-go.

IrishNinja

Kotaku headline: VIRAL CLUE?!: 2k sports baseball pack going on sale tomorrow for -$10
source: NeoGAF member AnEternalEnigma

*edit: fuck, taking down your yankees stats killed my lame joke :lol

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
kamorra said:
I would love to buy L4D2 for 5 bucks but it's the low violence version. Could someone please help me? I would pay you instantly via PayPal.

edit
My Steam ID is kpt_kamorra. I could use some friends too I have exactly 0 atm.

Sorry I promise that this will be the last time I bump this.

edit
GuiltybyAssociation gifted me the game. Thank you again! :)

UrbanRats

kamorra said:
Sorry I promise that this will be the last time I bump this.

edit
GuiltybyAssociation gifted me the game. Thank you again! :)
lol, i've read your comment this morning, and i couldn't access steam, so was connecting now to see if someone had gifted it to you, well, happy some one did. :D

19Kilo

Finally a good sale on Just Cause 2 - 75% off. Bought'd.

Metro 2033 also 75% off, nice.

Edit: Oh, I guess that's part of the treasure hunt thingie. I'm a little slow :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom