• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Van Owen said:
I just did this the other day.

basically all you have to do is delete everything from the steam folder except the exe and steamapps folder, cut and paste it to the folder you want on the new drive, and launch the exe. it will update and all the games will be on the new drive.

thank u sir :)

Manager

I haven't used Steam much, and hoping anyone could answer this out of experience, I understand there's no defenitive answer.

FM11 is currently 30% off, €35 Euro (£22 on UK store but I can't buy that since I'm non-UK, gifting not possible). This sale ends 20th, when the Christmas sale starts. How big is the chance it will be even cheaper (like €15) in the Christmas sale, did similar happen last year? Everyone buying it now would be fooled if so but on the other hand I don't understand why it would end 20th if not. I could wait and see but then the offer would be ended...

Fredescu

darkpaladinmfc said:
Do you know of any other ways to manage a PC game library so I can have everything launch from one place and have it look nice and pretty?
You could try Raptr. I don't use the pretty layout method to launch games, so I don't know how customisable it is. It is there though.

Plasma

Banned
Manager said:
I haven't used Steam much, and hoping anyone could answer this out of experience, I understand there's no defenitive answer.

FM11 is currently 30% off, €35 Euro (£22 on UK store but I can't buy that since I'm non-UK, gifting not possible). This sale ends 20th, when the Christmas sale starts. How big is the chance it will be even cheaper (like €15) in the Christmas sale, did similar happen last year? Everyone buying it now would be fooled if so but on the other hand I don't understand why it would end 20th if not. I could wait and see but then the offer would be ended...

You might be able to pick it up cheaper at retail I've seen it at £18 a couple of times during the christmas sales.

Or you could get the best version from here:
http://onlinestore.arsenal.com/invt/a4503

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Just because it needs to be shared -

This was a comic edit from the steam thread over on the Penny Arcade forums. Someone was having a little contest of giving a way a game for the best comic edit. I thought it was worth sharing.

steamregulator.jpg

RDreamer

Anyone know why my Mac steam client won't save the non-steam games I put in my library? I want to launch all my games from Steam, but every time I add them and close Steam they're gone when I reopen.

god damnit... Just Cause 2 is just so. damn. good :lol

i love this game.. probably 120 hours on the console and ready to do it all over again

Joe Molotov

Hey, thanks to the new CoD: Black Ops patch, the game actually doesn't play like a steaming pile of poo on my machine anymore! It's almost like a I didn't waste $60! A holiday miracle!

Borman

Managed 4/4 for this one. Wont be up there with you guys getting all of them, but still doing pretty well. Up to 13 so far.

Oreoleo

dLMN8R said:
This has probably already been discussed, but Metro 2033 is a rare game where the 2nd half improves significantly leading to an awesome final few levels rather than petering out and becoming redundant.

If you made it 3-5 hours in, somewhat enjoyed it, but thought it would be the same from there and not worth finishing, I highly suggest you reconsider.

Quoting for truth. I took a 6 month break in between the 1st half and the 2nd half of the game and totally regret it. The first half of the game is pretty mundane but the level design really starts to shine about 5 hours in.

IceMarker

Joe Molotov said:
Hey, thanks to the new CoD: Black Ops patch, the game actually doesn't play like a steaming pile of poo on my machine anymore! It's almost like a I didn't waste $60! A holiday miracle!
Yeah, I was surprised at how many fixes they included.

Joe Molotov said:

Yup. Its like night and day!

Dilli666

Blablurn said:
one of my HDDs is almost full. thought about switching the STEAM folder to the other HDD. is this possible or do i have to re-download everything when i install it on a different HDD?

Just copy the steamapps folder to the new hdd and make a symbolic link to it :)

AcridMeat

Banned
PedroLumpy said:
Apparently that Monday Night Combat Beta starts tomorrow, anyone else going for it?

I would if I wasn't getting Vietnam at the end of the week. Also trying to save as much money as possible because of Christmas shopping/steam's holiday sale coming up.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
PedroLumpy said:
Apparently that Monday Night Combat Beta starts tomorrow, anyone else going for it?
I am as soon as I get over buying the console version first. At least it has local multiplayer, so it's not a total wash.

pilonv1

Can someone from the US gift me a copy of Football Manager 2011? It's US$62 for me currently, but $27 for USAers. I can paypal immediately.

Also the Spain & Incan pack for Civ 5 is up, $7.50 for regular peoples and $8.99 for Australians :(

Gee Just Cause 2 is such an open world master piece. Not.

Unskippable cut scenes at the beginning, fetch quest as a first mission, can't leave the mission area. This game has a terrible first impression. Annoying woman telling me what to do every 2 seconds.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Visualante said:

Unskippable cut scenes at the beginning, fetch quest as a first mission, can't leave the mission area. This game has a terrible first impression. Annoying woman telling me what to do every 2 seconds.
Sounds a lot like marriage.
It gets better.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Visualante said:

This just in: Visualante shits on another game based on the tutorial.

Keep it classy.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
JC2 is one of the few open world games to hold my attention for more than ten hours. The only other ones are Assassin's Creed 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Salaadin

Just Cause 2 is an open world master piece.

In fact, I worry that every open world game from here on out that doesnt give me a grappling hook arm and unlimited parachutes will suffer because of it.

Truespeed

Joe Molotov said:

Hopefully they extend the holiday miracle to the POS PS3 version.

Shaneus

Archie said:
JC2 is one of the few open world games to hold my attention for more than ten hours. The only other ones are Assassin's Creed 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla.
I should try AC2 then... the first one never really grabbed me but I fucking LOVE JC2 and RFG (both bought on a whim, btw).

Say, is there a thread for this in the online/community section here? I haven't looked but judging by the fanaticism shown by a few people in this thread, there should be. Not usually an MP kinda guy but I think I could really get into some JC2 action.

Salaadin said:
Just Cause 2 is an open world master piece.

In fact, I worry that every open world game from here on out that doesnt give me a grappling hook arm and unlimited parachutes will suffer because of it.
Mortal Kombat: Scorpion RPG?

aeolist

Banned
dLMN8R said:
This has probably already been discussed, but Metro 2033 is a rare game where the 2nd half improves significantly leading to an awesome final few levels rather than petering out and becoming redundant.

If you made it 3-5 hours in, somewhat enjoyed it, but thought it would be the same from there and not worth finishing, I highly suggest you reconsider.
I got to the part where you have to
carry the little kid around
and it makes your mouse control feel like shit

Really deterred me from finishing it

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
aeolist said:
I got to the part where you have to
carry the little kid around
and it makes your mouse control feel like shit

Really deterred me from finishing it
Oh god yeah that was so weird. I was like WTF is going on with my mouse.

Blizzard

Banned
Visualante said:

I thought it was a reasonable tutorial to the controls, though I probably fell off the mountain by accident and failed the tutorial early on because of leaving the mission area.

Regarding the woman telling you what to do, you can ignore her, at least in one point, early on, and just
bail out of the helicopter she wanted you to hang from
. She even complains, like "Oh fine, you always have to do everything your way..."

Presumably the rest of the game gets better from there, but I don't know if it's classified as a masterpiece or not. I think it's a fun game from what I've played. :)

Smash88

Banned
Visualante said:
This just in Stallion can't read the word "first impression"

Your "first impression" is ridiculous. How about you spend more than 20 minutes on the game before you give a first impression.

Also who wants to gift me Zombie driver for some Metal and Scrap Metal. :D

Yeah, not liking Just Cause 2 at all, kind of regretting the purchase. It just doesn't feel right and the gunplay is all wrong. Everything else also screams turd... but I'll give it a while longer, I reckon. Hopefully it picks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom