• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so here is whats up so far:

TellTale complete pack
Alien Breed pack

Indie Smart pack- (Lumines, Droplitz, Puzzle Agent, Quantz)

2D pack- (Bullet Candy, Geometry Wars, Super Laser Racer, VVVVVV, Galcon Fusion)

Heavy Hitters- (Audio Surf, Shattered Horizon, World of Goo, Zeno Clash)

Fright Pack- (The Path, Zombie Driver, Scourge Project, The Void, Burn Zombie Burn)

Fantasy Pack- (Spectromancer, Fairie Solitaire, Fortix, Bob Came in Pieces, NyxQuest)

Flight Pack
- (Every Day Shooter, Gratuitious Space Battles, Dogfighter, Flotilla, Guns of Icarus)

Adventure Pack- (Gish, And Yet It Moves, Mr Robot, Samarost, Jolly Roger)

Kids Pack- (Toki Tori, Crayon Physics, Secret of Magic Crystal, Max & Magic Marker, Delve Deeper)

Beat Pack- (Rhythm Zone, Beat Hazard, Turba, Chime, Bit Trip Beat)

Future Pack- (Uplink, Twin Sector, Hammerfight, System Protocol, Hacker Evolution)

Brain Pack- (Big Brain Wolf, Windowsill, Zen Bound 2, Diamond Dan, Puzzle Bots)

Mix Pack
- (Darwinia, Defcon, Cogs, Eufloria, Plain Sight)

I'll try and update

Dr. Zoidberg said:
I just use a wireless mouse for navigation and the controller for games. But I really wish that Steam would add native support for pads in the interface. It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.

Yeah, I really should invest in one of those..heh.

LovingSteam said:

Alien Breed pack

Flight Pack
- (Every Day Shooter, Gratuitious Space Battles, Dogfighter, Flotilla, Guns of Icarus)

All over my face.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
There is nothing I want from those packs, primarily because I own most of the appealing games. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Archie said:
There is nothing I want from those packs, primarily because I own most of the appealing games. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Alot of folks will have most of these games from the Indie pack sale during Thanksgiving.

LovingSteam said:
Fright Pack- (The Path, Zombie Driver, Scourge Project, The Void, Burn Zombie Burn)

Fuuuuuck yes. Definitely so bought.

Not sure if I'll actually be snagging any of the others. Between all the bundles and sales I snapped up this fall already, I already have almost everything else I could possibly want from that list. :lol

vocab

Hoping The Witcher goes on sale again!

Also, for some odd reason I want Eve Online to go on sale. Been wanting to try that for some time.

Well fellas, I have a pack for you that you're going to flip over!

Indie Potato Pack- Amnesia, Bit Trip, Toki Tori, Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, Darkest Hour, Audio Surf, Wonderful End of the world, Defense Grid, AAAAA, Ball, Cogs, Braid, Super Meat Boy

LovingSteam said:
Indie Potato Pack- Amnesia, Bit Trip, Toki Tori, Red Orchestra, Killing Floor, Darkest Hour, Audio Surf, Wonderful End of the world, Defense Grid, AAAAA, Ball, Cogs, Braid, Super Meat Boy

Interesting. I wonder how much that one's going to sell for. Will probably make me regret my $10 purchase of Amnesia. :lol

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
LovingSteam said:

I recant my previous comment. All over my face.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I thought Just Cause 2 was pretty fun though I only played the first mission (got the treasure hunt goal halfway through). Will continue later once I make the effort to get my 360 controller over by the computer because it seems like it would control much better that way.

Nelo Ice

Banned
LovingSteam said:

already own 9/15 but if its cheap enough it could be worth it for meat boy and amnesia alone

IrishNinja

fuuuuuuck so many titles i want (the Path, Lumines, Everyday Shooter, Zeno Clash...), so many duplicates they're not gonna let me gift (;_;)

Lothars

LovingSteam said:

that's an incredible pack, I own 7 out of the 15 but I hope anyone that doesn't will pick it up.

Psy-Phi

Dr. Zoidberg said:
The problem I have with XPadder is that it works great for navigating the OS, but when you launch a game it interferes with the game's controls (since you are essentially giving it pad input and keyboard input at the same time).
You can create a macro to switch profiles on Xpadder cant you? You could with JoyToKey.

Can always use JoyToKey instead. Not as simple as Xpadder but apparently more customizable.

Honestly I'd say get a keyboard with a trackpad on it and use that for game selecting. It will be nice for using your system as an actual computer on the TV as well (web surfing, making purchases on steam, chatting...etc...).

My pops got a diNovo last year, loves the thing for his shuttle pc he uses on his Plasma.

ZZMitch

LovingSteam said:

O.O

Own 6 of them, but will probably buy anyway!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
LovingSteam said:

I own 3 of these, but goddamn if this is 20$ I'll bite for Super Meat Boy.

LovingSteam, by any chance do you know if Super Meat Boy will go on sale solo or not?

Archie said:
Same here. I want to get Super Meat Boy but I already own 8 of the games in that pack, and I think I already have at least 2 games out of each of those other indie packs.

I kind of feel like I won Steam.

I am not going to post anymore updates in the thread since lurkers have posted it in the Steam forums which may lead to Valve disabling the feature. If anyone wants to know about the most recent additions, just PM me.

Blizzard

Banned
Dr. Zoidberg said:
The problem I have with XPadder is that it works great for navigating the OS, but when you launch a game it interferes with the game's controls (since you are essentially giving it pad input and keyboard input at the same time).
That's actually something that the chatpad driver I'm working on should allow, since you can just hit a chatpad key to make the 360 buttons/thumbsticks start doing Windows actions (mouse movements and clicks) instead of ingame actions.

Of course, the downside is that it would require a chatpad, and currently we don't have any way of making it work with the wireless controller. Investigating whether a wireless controller chatpad driver is possible is my next main goal after releasing the normal wired controller chatpad drivers.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really don't like the packs too much. There is way too much overlap + Stinkers. I'd think I rather buy the two or one I want from the pack for 3$ each than get all 5 for 5$

Depending on the price though of the Potato, I still may get it. :lol

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
LovingSteam said:

ty_based_god.jpg

This pack is so mine. Holy shit.

I only own Toki, Defense Grid, and Braid.

ismaboof

LovingSteam said:

Holy fucking shit

dLMN8R

Schmattakopf said:
These packs are weird and annoying to me. If only extras could be gifted.
Considering that the doubtlessly small price will be split between such a huge number of developers, I'd say it's plenty fair to treat extra copies as bonus revenue for developers instead of allowing people to split everything around piecemeal.

dLMN8R said:
Considering that the doubtlessly small price will be split between such a huge number of developers, I'd say it's plenty fair to treat extra copies as bonus revenue for developers instead of allowing people to split everything around piecemeal.

Agreed. This is quite different than say a Square or 2K pack where all proceeds go to one publisher. Not to mention that Indie's by nature are not as well off as their large publisher counterparts.

dLMN8R said:
No, I agree, it just makes it difficult to me because first of all, there are so many packs, and second, I own at least half in each.

eznark

Banned
dLMN8R said:

Sure, but it results in some people not purchasing the pack at all as generally the games in the packs go on sale individually (which is why many people have one or two but not all) and I'd just as soon wait for that since I can't gift dupes.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Schmattakopf said:
No, I agree, it just makes it difficult to me because first of all, there are so many packs, and second, I own at least half in each.
My problem with them is a bit of the same. Like the Heavy pack, I just want Shattered Horizon. I already own two copies of World of Goo, and one of Audio Surf. I thought Zeno Clash fucking blew. So I'd rather just pay the 5$ for Shattered Horizon than pay the 5$ to get all 4. I'd much rather support the one developer I really want the game from, than have it split.

That is of course if I can manage to clear some backlog out first. I got one month of no School to clear out about 2 or 3 titles I've been pushing back. :lol

I don't truly care about being able to gift extras, I just feel like buying a digital pack with things you already own is a weird and unnecessary system, and I think the only part of this that's to the developers' benefit is the attention, not the specific way it's sold.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Packs can work well for you as a developer if your games are good. I got the story pack just for Recettear, but it turns out that Puzzle Agent and Jolly Rover kinda kick ass, so if future games from those developers come out I am more likely to be interested. On the other hand, And Yet It Moves is too ugly to play despite being cool, and Gish sucks.

I only want Super Meat Boy out of that pack, so I'd rather just get it by itself. The 2D pack might be worth it. Of course, I think the thing going unsaid here is that "it" in the previous sentence is "my time" more than "my money" pretty often.

kswiston

LovingSteam said:

TellTale complete pack
Alien Breed pack

Indie Smart pack- (Lumines, Droplitz, Puzzle Agent, Quantz)

2D pack- (Bullet Candy, Geometry Wars, Super Laser Racer, VVVVVV, Galcon Fusion)

Heavy Hitters- (Audio Surf, Shattered Horizon, World of Goo, Zeno Clash)

Fantasy Pack- (Spectromancer, Fairie Solitaire, Fortix, Bob Came in Pieces, NyxQuest)

Flight Pack

Adventure Pack- (Gish, And Yet It Moves, Mr Robot, Samarost, Jolly Roger)

Kids Pack- (Toki Tori, Crayon Physics, Secret of Magic Crystal, Max & Magic Marker, Delve Deeper)

Beat Pack- (Rhythm Zone, Beat Hazard, Turba, Chime, Bit Trip Beat)

Future Pack- (Uplink, Twin Sector, Hammerfight, System Protocol, Hacker Evolution)

Brain Pack- (Big Brain Wolf, Windowsill, Zen Bound 2, Diamond Dan, Puzzle Bots)

Mix Pack
- (Darwinia, Defcon, Cogs, Eufloria, Plain Sight)

I'll try and update

I guess Valve's goal is for me to own every indie game in the store... Too bad I own 3-4 games in most these packs. Will get Fright Pack, Future pack, Brain pack and maybe Fantasy Pack.

LovingSteam said:

Just saw this. Getting this as well if it is a decent price (<$30, I own 7 of the titles already)

Shaneus

What are the chances of Lumines being updated for the new pack where it can be maximised, or at least, scaled properly? The letterbox used when at max res is fucking pathetic.

Update to registry. In order to stop lurkers from reposting the update onto the Steam forums, I'm making it so you have to quote my post to see the contents. Please don't repost the contents.

Here

quote this post

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
LovingSteam said:
Update to registry. In order to stop lurkers from reposting the update onto the Steam forums, I'm making it so you have to quote my post to see the contents. Please don't repost the contents.

Quote this post
You should use the email tag.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
LovingSteam said:

Oh my at that last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom