• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Baha said:
Does it? Shit, my wallet isn't ready for this.
NOBODY expects the Spanish In...er, the Christmas Steam Sale!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
drizzle said:
IF you don't care about the othe two games on the package, you could gift and/or trade the key.
No, I care about the other two games, but steam isn't designed to care about such things, so it is laughing at me telling me I already own the games.

I am giving away a Humble Box gift. Please, only folks that don't think they'll be able to buy games during the sale and have less than 50 games or so on Steam apply. The first person that PMs me their email address will get the key.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, has there ever been a permanent solution to Steam randomly unsorting my games every few months? Logged in today to find that while everything I've owned for half a year or more was still in its categories all of the titles that I've bought recently had unsorted into the generic games list again. I'm on Mac for what its worth and this is really annoying. (I've never gotten externally added games to stick around either)

Volcynika

Noticed this in the CAG thread about the treasure hunt:

serioussamhd.jpg

All Serious Sam HD games 75% off for the sale.

ArjanN

The_Technomancer said:
Okay, has there ever been a permanent solution to Steam randomly unsorting my games every few months? Logged in today to find that while everything I've owned for half a year or more was still in its categories all of the titles that I've bought recently had unsorted into the generic games list again. I'm on Mac for what its worth and this is really annoying. (I've never gotten externally added games to stick around either)

No, the only solution is to stop being OCD about sorting your games.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
ArjanN said:
No, the only solution is to stop being OCD about sorting your games.
Well I can set it to just display Mac and just display PC games on their respective partitions, but I like being able to brows my collection as a whole, and seeing what I have on each.

Wallach

Volcynika said:
Noticed this in the CAG thread about the treasure hunt:

All Serious Sam HD games 75% off for the sale.

SSHD/SSHD2 for $3.75 each then, and SSHD:G for $10. You'd be dumb to pass on these games at that price, they are fucking great.

Volcynika

sturmdogg said:
What are the chances Fallout: Vegas is gonna be on sale?

There's a chance, I guess. It was on sale on D2D a few weeks ago, so it's possible.

Though these "What are the chances of ____ going on sale" are kinda amusing, no one ever really knows. :p

Volcynika

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some people deposited a certain amount of money in their Steam wallet and only spent out of there what they could. :lol

biocat

sturmdogg said:
What are the chances Fallout: Vegas is gonna be on sale?

I'd say almost definite. But with what discount? Maybe 30% or so given it's still very new.

I just bought it off BB when it was on sale for $30 so I'm not worried (and selfishly hoping it's not priced less than that.:lol )

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'm hoping for a Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition sale. I'm guessing my chances are fairly good. But it'd be the 3rd time I'd buy the game. :S

UGH....ok I'm at my wits end at this and I can't find a solution....I'm trying to get TF2 to run on my gf's macbook pro but while Steam will connect, TF2 won't. When I launch TF2, my username isn't logged on (signs in as unknown) nor are any of my achievements there. I can't connect to steam servers and when I try to access the TF2 store, it says that I'm not connected to Steam (even though the overlay works and I am logged in at least on Steam)...Please help...

1-D_FTW

Volcynika said:
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if some people deposited a certain amount of money in their Steam wallet and only spent out of there what they could. :lol

I've deposited 100. I better not spend more than that. That would be far and away my record for a sale.

legend166 said:
I'm thinking of giving myself a $100 budget for the sale. Good/bad idea?
You will be tempted to spend more, I'm sure, but if you're honestly good about your spending, that shouldn't be too hard. I've kept it around 50 USD for each big sale there's been.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hoping for a Bethesda pack, since I need to get the Fallouts and Call of Cthulhu. Think they would throw that oldie in there?

Shaneus

Just realised that this is the perfect opportunity to have a fresh PC up and running by the time the sale starts. New motherboard, SSD, another GPU for Crossfire... I can't wait to not play all the games I buy with this new system.

Shaneus said:
Just realised that this is the perfect opportunity to have a fresh PC up and running by the time the sale starts. New motherboard, SSD, another GPU for Crossfire... I can't wait to not play all the games I buy with this new system.

at least you'll know that you could run them all in max settings if you wanted to...

Instro

legend166 said:
I'm thinking of giving myself a $100 budget for the sale. Good/bad idea?

Should be more than enough if you try to stick with just the daily deals, group packs, and small bundles. Going in for big publisher bundles will kill you.

Ive held myself to much less and made out like a bandit during these Steam sales, so you should be fine.

dream

It's so fucked how I had no intention of buying Humble Bundle 2 ("I already have Braid and Osmos and Machinarium on different platforms, this isn't a deal") and yet I jumped on that shit with the quickness the second I found out they activate on Steam. :(

Dani said:
I'm on less than that. =\ Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Last year I got Crysis/Crysis Warhead (w/crysis wars) and GTA4 for $20. You can do a lot for not much money if you wait for the games you really want.

Unfortunately I gave up on waiting for the game I really wanted and it finally went on sale on the last day. A great and legendary man remembered and made sure I didn't miss out on it though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This thread is the GAF equivalent of lining outside of Best Buy to buy a $10 Blu-Ray player on Black Friday.

We are all sick, sick people.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
No idea how much I'll spend if any. I spent 0$ during the Treasure hunt and only 18$ between Steam/Amazon for Thanksgiving.

How are the pc ports of the tomb raider games?

Between the hd collection and the reboot I bet they will go sale

Never played any of them - go for the pc version or wait for the collection?

Salaadin

HamPster PamPster said:
How are the pc ports of the tomb raider games?

Between the hd collection and the reboot I bet they will go sale

Never played any of them - go for the pc version or wait for the collection?

PC Underworld is fantastic. If you can go with PC version, do it. Theyll still be better than the collection package

EDIT: This is all assuming that the collection doesnt have any gameplay extras.

slamskank

WanderingWind said:
This thread is the GAF equivalent of lining outside of Best Buy to buy a $10 Blu-Ray player on Black Friday.

We are all sick, sick people.
Seriously. 2 clicks and my credit card bill goes up. That's all it takes :(.

I can only speak on TR:Anniversary which was fantastic. It was very much an old school style of Tomb Raider game. From what I read though Legend and Underworld were not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom