• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
stuminus3 said:
Lumines is on Steam? Fuck me. I didn't even know there was a PC version.
It's not that good. Half the content is locked away and you have to do stupid modes to unlock the skins (song themes). I never got half the content even though I bought the extra pack.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
And you should edit your last post including new info with the email tag (if its not too late)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LovingSteam said:
Update to registry. In order to stop lurkers from reposting the update onto the Steam forums, I'm making it so you have to quote my post to see the contents. Please don't repost the contents.

Here

quote this post
I see two packs I want, one I think I'll get no matter what, the other I'll get as long as it is $50 or less.

I would get the Telltale pack mentioned before if I didn't own just about evey Telltale game already.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
LovingSteam, I don't understand why you think YOU'RE entitled to control the flow of information. You should either not post that stuff at all, or post it straight-out. Everything else is just pitiful. The sentiment is along the lines of those sites that try tro prevent right-clicks with Javascript or something.

1-D_FTW

wmat said:
LovingSteam, I don't understand why you think YOU'RE entitled to control the flow of information. You should either not post that stuff at all, or post it straight-out. Everything else is just pitiful. The sentiment is along the lines of those sites that try tro prevent right-clicks with Javascript or something.

And some rep hungry whore is just going to post it on Slickdeals anyway.

I suppose it's harder to do without prices being mentioned, but there's no way somebody isn't leaking it. Somebody will be a glory hound.

wmat said:
I disagree and so will continue doing it the way that i am. Don't like it, don't look at it.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
wmat said:

Why? Its his decision that he wants to keep that hidden. And okay, there will be someone who might leak it from inside of GAF but the possibility that someone is posting it elsewhere is lower.
Besides we already have GAF only informational channels for all the multiplayer stuff in the community forum. Its his decision what he wants to do with this information. However its your decision to post it anywhere else you want. No one is going to prevent that and (atleast) I wont judge you for it.
He could still give it a go as he suggest and if it has no effect he can go back to use the "open" postings. *shrug* No one is getting hurt. Its his decision.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
LovingSteam said:
I disagree and so will continue doing it the way that i am. Don't like it, don't look at it.
Now, how are you getting this info, fess up :9

And do you have any more fun info.

Toma

wmat said:
It's completely unnecessary.

Strictly speaking, so is posting your complaints about it. You are complaining about something unnecessary, which isnt hurting anyone. Doesnt that make your complaints even more unnecessary? Just leave him be and enjoy the info you get.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Alright, I was just sayin. Makes you look less dumb if you don't conceal information like that after leaking it yourself in the first place.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So exited for this sale to be over and the real madness to finally begin. I'm really only looking forward to indie packs, I think. Been burned by too many large retail releases this year, and Civ 5 has me hooked again.

Kerrinck

Just got an e-mail from steam with a password reset request even though I never asked for it. Should I be scared?
If yes, anything I can do?

Kerrinck said:
Just got an e-mail from steam with a password reset request even though I never asked for it. Should I be scared?
If yes, anything I can do?

1. Make sure its actually Valve that emailed you (people have and will spoof the official email)

2. Just in case, change your password

Its either a fishing attempt or someone tried to log into your account but good job verifying your email so they couldn't steal your account.

Truespeed

wmat said:

Well, he is, after all, the Minister of Communication.

Truespeed

It's too bad we can't pick and choose from the packs. When you have 2 or more of the games being offered in a pack it's difficult justifying why you should buy it.

Kerrinck

LovingSteam said:
1. Make sure its actually Valve that emailed you (people have and will spoof the official email)

2. Just in case, change your password

Its either a fishing attempt or someone tried to log into your account but good job verifying your email so they couldn't steal your account.

Thanks man, just changed my password.
Probably a fishing attempt. Got kinda scared since this is the first time this happens.

Kerrinck said:
Thanks man, just changed my password.
Probably a fishing attempt. Got kinda scared since this is the first time this happens.

Understandably. Also, just a word of advice, make sure your Steam profile is only viewable to your friends. Makes it more difficult for fishers to contact you or to see if your account is worth going through the hassle of stealing.

fallout

Truespeed said:
It's too bad we can't pick and choose from the packs. When you have 2 or more of the games being offered in a pack it's difficult justifying why you should buy it.
If it's cheaper than buying them individually, who cares if you already own part of what's in the pack?

hamchan

All these indie packs is just teaching me never to buy indie games day one. Like Reccetear, Super Meat Boy and Amnesia are all games I really wanted to play but didn't have the time to. Now it seems I'll be able to get them for cheap or with bonus games not too long after release.

graywolf323

just wanna say thanks to reptilescorpio for gifting me Flight Control HD out of the blue :D

actually was going to have to pass on the game because after filling my gas tank I'm completely broke until Christmas so it was a very pleasant surprise to have it gifted to me ^_^

1-D_FTW said:
And some rep hungry whore is just going to post it on Slickdeals anyway.

I suppose it's harder to do without prices being mentioned, but there's no way somebody isn't leaking it. Somebody will be a glory hound.
Or that LovingSteam gets mad at the reposts and just stops posting the leaks altogether...

ArjanN

hamchan said:
All these indie packs is just teaching me never to buy indie games day one. Like Reccetear, Super Meat Boy and Amnesia are all games I really wanted to play but didn't have the time to. Now it seems I'll be able to get them for cheap or with bonus games not too long after release.

Then they've taught you WRONG!

Toma

Smash88 said:
I'm screwed for this sale.....straight up F-U-C-K-E-D! :lol
Hm-m. I estimate losing about 100 Euro.

I wasn't going to buy this bundle since I have braid on the 360 and was not really interested this time but now that it's on steam... lol, take my money, humble bundle 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom