• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kipe

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has two articles about the game here and here

You can use a demo save for the main game and get a head start today. Demo link:
http://www.carpefulgur.com/recettear/demo.htm

jersoc said:
tried the demo, interesting game. i suck at the dungeons. is there no way to heal? I keep dying and I have no clue how to exit them :|

Players can't leave a dungeon whenever. Every five levels exit will show up. Health items are sold at the market during the day.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I had no idea this game even existed. I might try and check out the Japanese version if I can find it for sale on a site that will except non-Japanese credit cards.

The M.O.B

TouchMyBox said:
Good thing I pre-ordered it early for $9 :D

By chance, did anyone get multiple copies of Amensia: the dark descent for this price, and would like to sell their code when they get emailed out?

Curufinwe said:
I think someone on a recent PC Gamer podcast was talking about Anmesia and how scary it was. I'm going to be looking out for reviews and impressions.

The game is going to be astounding. The videos you can see on it will give you a nice taste of whats to come. I suggest anyone interested in this look at the devs first series PENUMBRA, what a great bunch of games.

I didn't know they'd be handing out unlock codes for Steam, I pre-ordered through their website. I'm extremely glad they'll be doing that.

jaundicejuice said:
What do you mean by budgety? That they're not as polished as a bigger budget releases? I don't have a problem with games being rough around the edges if the core experience is interesting.

Once I work my way through my backlog, I think the Penumbra games and Amnesia will be the next titles I pick up on Steam. Cryostasis is up there with those games.

I'd say for the budget they had, which was really tiny, they did an excellent both developing and polishing the game. Getting it on Steam is your best bet because all up-to-date, but the game looks and play particularly well.

I'd love to see what the dev team could/would do with a large budget.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
graywolf323 said:
I'm tempted to buy The Sims 3 on Impulse since it's 50% off right now

why hasn't EA ever brought it to Steam?
Do it. The Sims 3 is awesome.

Shaneus

Sims 3 not available in Australia. But Dragon Age + expansion is on sale... hmmm. No idea what it's about so I probably shouldn't buy it... but hmmm.

Darklord

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
Do it. The Sims 3 is awesome.

It really isn't. Half the town should have just been labeled "coming in an expansion". To me it seemed like The Sims 2 original with a couple of choice picks from the expansions.

Frawdder

crimsonheadGCN said:
F1 2010™ is now in the "Coming Soon" list and has a release date of September 2010.

It has Steam Leaderboards and Achievements, so it looks like Codemasters might have dropped GFWL.
Oh sweet, I was just happy that it was going to be on Steam. Let's hope Codemasters don't jack the price on the Australian store.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Interesting that it might have dropped gfwl.

And agree with frawd but we know they will jack the price up :(

pilonv1

Reccetear is already #5 on Steams top sellers, above MW2 and Mafia 2 deluxe. I know it's just the initial bump but that's pretty promising.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
They never have before.

Hrm? Codemasters don't jack up the price? Isn't there a difference with dirt 2?

It's been so long since i picked up a codemasters game from steam, i always thought they were more expensive.

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
No, we get the exact same price with Dirt 2. $40. When it was $20 for the half price sale is when everyone in AusGAF started playing it.

pilonv1 said:
Reccetear is already #5 on Steams top sellers, above MW2 and Mafia 2 deluxe. I know it's just the initial bump but that's pretty promising.

I hope Falcom are watching, if something like that can find a market on Steam then the Ys titles can.

Frawdder

evlcookie said:
I'm just hoping they don't continue the trend that 2K and Activision are carrying on with "You live in Australia, therefore you this game is now $80-90 USD".

But Codemasters seem like smart guys so I have faith in them that they won't raise the price.

Oreoleo

graywolf323 said:
thank you God, the more companies that do that the better off we are

Eh, if that's what it takes to get some console games on PC, then so be it. The games would be better off without for sure, but it can be kind of a necessary evil.

markot

Banned
evlcookie said:

It's been so long since i picked up a codemasters game from steam, i always thought they were more expensive.
THQ do it all the time, and Take2, EA has started and Activision does... for its big games >.< Codemasters never did it I dont think.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Not even my peak
9.1 mbps
, but goddamn it feels good having no caps.

wtf0045.jpg

biocat

pilonv1 said:

I've stopped and considering buying the JP version more than a few times. Glad to see it getting an English release.

Zefah said:
I had no idea this game even existed. I might try and check out the Japanese version if I can find it for sale on a site that will except non-Japanese credit cards.
I can grab you a copy next time I'm in Akiba. It would be no problem.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Shaneus said:
What's so good about Reccetear? I've never heard of it until today.
Neither have I. I'll just ignore it for now. Not seeing the appeal so far, might turn around though.

Luigi87

Shaneus said:
What's so good about Reccetear? I've never heard of it until today.

It's a fun and interesting title.
There's a demo you can try to see if you find enjoyment from it... Or not.

Boonoo

For anyone that's having trouble with steam losing connection (showing 0 friends and the like) I've found that going to Games>Manage Gifts and Guest Passes will force it to reconnect. It's been working for me when Steam acts flaky now and then.

UrbanRats

Stallion Free said:
Not even my peak
9.1 mbps
, but goddamn it feels good having no caps.

http://www.abload.de/img/wtf0045.jpg[*/img][/QUOTE]
i've never gone over 700kbs download. :lol

Fredescu

I have a weird problem. When I change my profile name, chat says "X has changed their name to whatever", where X is the first name of a friend of mine. I can't for the life of me find where this is stored. His name is not in my profile anywhere. Everybody else sees my actual profile name in the message, only I see his name. It's weird. He's tested it and he gets the same thing and can't see anyway to remove his real name if he wanted to.

Anyone else have this problem? Think I might log it with support, even though it's inconsequential.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Diablohead said:
Yep F1 2010 is still gfwl :D it was an error on the steam page, and we all know how common those are.
That's not a good thing.

Still, Codemasters using the DOW 2 approach for F1 2010 is at least a step in the right direction. Next step, get rid of GFWL "support" entirely please.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Noooooo. Well at least I know they have mastered GFWL integration, I had no issues in Dirt 2. Still I want my Steam achievements.

Visualante said:
Anyone noticed how Steam's memory footprint has gone up lately? It was chugging 250mb earlier, brought my system to a halt.
Maybe it's because this laptop is XP and my desktop has enough RAM to not worry about it, but Steam is using almost nothing right now and that rarely changes. 8-15mb.

Schmattakopf said:
I bought a Plain Sight four pack and I have one share left over if someone wants to PayPal me $1.50. Add me on Steam if you're interested.
Still available. :)

Zzoram

I think that governments should fine the crap out of ISPs for false advertising. Rogers in Canada claims 10MBit bit I've never seen over 1.5MBit on anything, not Steam, not Microsoft's MSDN. If real speeds are less than half of the advertised, they shouldn't be advertising such a high number.

Zzoram

Steam's memory footprint grows the longer you leave it on and the more different games you launch through it. Also, it grows the more you browse the store. It does seem to peak out around 280MB though, but a quick restart of Steam (not Windows) can cut it back down to like 35MB.

Zzoram said:
I think that governments should fine the crap out of ISPs for false advertising. Rogers in Canada claims 10MBit bit I've never seen over 1.5MBit on anything, not Steam, not Microsoft's MSDN. If real speeds are less than half of the advertised, they shouldn't be advertising such a high number.
I called mine because I get 500kbs on a good day when I'm suppose to get 1.5mb. They basically said "exact numbers vary"

It's apparently in the fine print that the actual number can be whatever the heck they want it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom