• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

I enjoyed Tales of Monkey Island so much that the Steam sale on the Sam & Max: The Devil's Playground is really tempting me. Can you just jump in anywhere with this series? I've only played demos of the other ones.

Shaneus said:
US only? Fuck you.

Just put your country as US?

or make a bogus fb account like others did.

Also thank you Logitech for something useful besides awesome accessories.

Lasthope106 said:
Is thing for real? What's the catch?

There is none.
Like it.
Enter Bogus info.
Get Code.
Get murdered in Red Orchestra.

Dizzy-4U

Shaneus said:
US only? Fuck you.
I'm from Argentina and I'm downloading the game right now. I just edited my facebook page.... so I now live in Ohio.

It's the real deal by the way, I'm downloading it right now. It lets you download other stuff too like Darkest Hour Europe 44' 45' or something like that.

zhJng.png

xKilltheMx said:
Just put your country as US?

or make a bogus fb account like others did.

Also thank you Logitech for something useful besides awesome accessories.

There is none.
Like it.
Enter Bogus info.
Get Code.
Get murdered in Red Orchestra.

I just put US on the dropdown even when my FB acoount is not set to US.

Back on topic, I have a huge steam backlog but I always wanted to try CoH, should I buy the complete pack or maybe just the first one to scratch my itch (it's only 3 dls, the others are 7 each)

crimsonheadGCN said:
Here's a code for Red Orchestra if anyone wants it:

AI52E-C7ZQX-ZBYQ4-FQXAI-N5W2A
Holy shit! Thank you! Not sure if it's a multiple-use key or something but it worked! I'm usually late to these things so I was shocked it worked. Thanks! :D

EDIT: Saw the posts above. XD

Nabs

i already own red orchestra, but i never have anyone to try it out with. this could change things.

nexen said:
I enjoyed Tales of Monkey Island so much that the Steam sale on the Sam & Max: The Devil's Playground is really tempting me. Can you just jump in anywhere with this series? I've only played demos of the other ones.
The Devil's Playground doesn't rely TOO heavily on info from previous seasons. It obviously would help to play them all, but you could probably jump in with it.

They're great.

I installed Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil after playing most of Doom 3 and now when I launch Doom 3 it asks for RoE's CD key (D3's is already filled in). I can't find one in RoE's properties. What do I do?

Slavik81

Lasthope106 said:
Well, at the very least it asks for:

Access your basic information
Includes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information I've shared with everyone.

Access your profile information
Likes, Music, TV, Movies, Books, Quotes

WEGGLES

Shaneus said:
US only? Fuck you.
Profile says I'm Canadian. London Ontario network. Current location Sarnia Ontario.

I just put USA as my location on the coupon form.

And not a single fuck was given that day :D

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
WEGGLES said:
Profile says I'm Canadian. London Ontario network. Current location Sarnia Ontario.

He's right :D

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Shaneus said:
US only? Fuck you.
mtbbee.png[

haters(bot) gonna hate.
Metalic Sand said:
Not sure if this has been posted.

Free Red Orchestra Game Download via Steam when you "Like" Logitech on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/logitechgaming?v=app_224396475227

I just did it, They give you a code for steam. Finally made a facebook for this :lol

much thanks !
Shaneus said:
Got my code :) Now to work out how to "uninstall" "applications" from Facebook.
lol good to hear ^.^:lol

Slavik81

WEGGLES said:

tumblr_l2j7pcIJxu1qzmqzoo1_500.gif

Me too... Except for the Ontario bit.

Joe Molotov

Lasthope106 said:

The catch is that Red Orchestra is harder than crap for newbies, and you're probably going to play it one time, in which you'll get sniped in the head from 1000 yards away before you even have a chance to figure out what you're doing, and then you'll turn it off and never play it again.

TheExodu5

Banned
Amnesia demo and pre-order up? YES!

edit: also just pre-ordered Recettear. I can justify it since I'm canceling my FF XIV pre-order. :lol

IrishNinja

awesome, more free games! thanks for the heads-up, man. still sad i missed portal.

ps eying Sam & Max season 3 at that price, any idea of 2 will ever come down again? should i be hopeful for the halloween sale? was thinking mebbe L4D 1/2, possibly Vampire masquerade might drop then if im lucky.

Joe Molotov said:
The catch is that Red Orchestra is harder than crap for newbies, and you're probably going to play it one time, in which you'll get sniped in the head from 1000 yards away before you even have a chance to figure out what you're doing, and then you'll turn it off and never play it again.

or you get teamkilled every time you're about to pull off a nice shot

kuYuri

ChoklitReign said:
I installed Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil after playing most of Doom 3 and now when I launch Doom 3 it asks for RoE's CD key (D3's is already filled in). I can't find one in RoE's properties. What do I do?

Do you have original Doom 3 installed?

DanDeschain said:
Anybody know if the Steam versions of the Company of Heroes expansions will work with the retail version of COH?

I'm not 100% sure about this, because I bought all of them through Steam, but the CoH expansions seem to work like the DoW1 expansions in that they are 'standalone' games.

When you try and start a vanilla CoH game from one of the expansions, IIRC you get a popup asking if you want to register a CD Key with THQ to unlock it which would suggest that you might be able to merge retail and steam-bought copies into one.

markot

Banned
Erasus said:
How can they run out of codes? <.<

Just generate more!
They might have just had a few thousand or whatever for the promotion.

Hope you guys enjoy it! Its an awesome game, cant wait for RO2!

markot

Banned
MrNyarlathotep said:
I'm not 100% sure about this, because I bought all of them through Steam, but the CoH expansions seem to work like the DoW1 expansions in that they are 'standalone' games.

When you try and start a vanilla CoH game from one of the expansions, IIRC you get a popup asking if you want to register a CD Key with THQ to unlock it which would suggest that you might be able to merge retail and steam-bought copies into one.
Yep.

I bought the last one, forgot the name >.< on steam and when I logged into my relic account it had all of the games available to play, which I had purchased the old fashioned way.

That said, free version is coming out soon with full sp campaign!

dp >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom