• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Joe Molotov said:
Burn Zombie Burn is 20% off for some reason. Did anyone ever pick this one up, is it worth playing?
The actual game got decent reviews but I heard that the PC version had some annoying bugs and it lacked a crosshair for m/kb controls. So I would get the PS3 version instead unless they patched it.

Neither version has a demo, for some reason.

SapientWolf said:
The actual game got decent reviews but I heard that the PC version had some annoying bugs and it lacked a crosshair for m/kb controls. So I would get the PS3 version instead unless they patched it.

Neither version has a demo, for some reason.

Yeah, my biggest problem with the PC version is the controls. KB/M sucks and doesn't feel right and even using a 360 controller doesn't work right, movement and aiming are both on the left stick and it's almost like tank controls.

Other than that it's just your average run of the mill Zombie arena game, and I still couldn't recommend it, even if the controls were perfect.

Joe Molotov said:
Burn Zombie Burn is 20% off for some reason. Did anyone ever pick this one up, is it worth playing?
I bought the PS3 version on sale. It was worth it, considering the price and the co-op mode, which seems to be lacking in the PC version.

Akia

In the last week, I bought:

Chime ($5)
Poker Night ($4.49)
Altitude ($5)
MineCraft ($13)

<3 pc gaming

Big B

I think I may finally get steam. :(
Funny enough it's Magic the Gathering game that's pushing me. or should I wait for the SOE magic game. choices.

projekt84

Big B said:
Funny enough it's Magic the Gathering game that's pushing me. or should I wait for the SOE magic game. choices.

It's just a program on your computer, not a life decision.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Yeah it can definitely be a big deal. You may want to consult your significant other and/or a financial advisor before you make the decision to install the Steam software. You know, make sure you and your loved ones are in a good place to make that sort of financial commitment.

Htown said:
Yeah it can definitely be a big deal. You may want to consult your significant other and/or a financial advisor before you make the decision to install the Steam software. You know, make sure you and your loved ones are in a good place to make that sort of financial commitment.
:lol :lol :lol Its funny because its so true and only Steamoholics will understand.

Big B said:
Don't do it dude. Next thing you know, you'll get Portal for free and your mom will hate you.

SmokyDave

Htown said:
I really wish someone would have given me this advice. Been using Steam for about a month and I had to buy an extra 2TB hard-drive at the weekend.

But it feels so good.

randomwab

Damn, I just got a new graphics card and it came with a Steam code for DiRT2 which I already own. Anyone wanna swap for a Steam copy of Mass Effect 2?

Schmattakopf said:
I don't know if they were on sale before but it looks like Space Siege and Football Manager are on sale again with no explanation.

Hmm, Space Siege for $5... think I'm gonna bite and see if it's as bad as they say.

Steeven

Schmattakopf said:
I don't know if they were on sale before but it looks like Space Siege and Football Manager are on sale again with no explanation.

I'm pretty sure because a new Football Manager will release soon.

JADS

Schmattakopf said:
Also Chime released and ... Secret of the Magic Crystals 50% off.

I think Chime on XBLA had good reviews.

steam page said:
In this game your horse-breeding farm is animated in a fantasy surroundings. The game enables you to breed legendary horses such as Pegasus, Unicorn, Fire-steed, Ice-steed and Demon-steed. You can buy more than 700 objects, and you can make all kinds of horseshoes as well as lots of magical potions for your horses through the game.

That sounds so trippy :lol Game would have been perfect for my niece though if it was translated to Dutch.

kamspy

LovingSteam said:
:lol :lol :lol Its funny because its so true and only Steamoholics will understand.

I've tapped into my saving during Steam sales before. If I ever get divorced, I think I'd have to put Steam somewhere in the reasoning.

It's no laughing matter.

Moobabe

ElJuice said:
Is Football Manager 2010 worth getting, or should I wait for the new one? I've never played FM before.

I'd wait for the new one - not because FM2010 is poor, but usually their iterations improve on the old one so much it's not worth going back to an older one unless you have a particular one that works for you. This one will have updated player rosters as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom