• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that the Black Sith Edition?

EDIT: yep.

EDIT 2: oh god. almost bought the Star wars collection instead :lol. Glad i stopped and read before clicking Purchase :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lackmus said:
Is Starwars Force Unleashed for PC even....uh...a good game?

Heard it was shit on consoles.
It's a decent action game, but awesome fan service if you love Star Wars. Easily worth the price for pretty much any Star Wars fan. The bonus (DLC from the console versions initially) levels are oh so sweet.

Lackmus said:

It's a great game. Not sure where you heard that it was shitty? But even as a non-Star Wars fan I enjoyed it.

It's an action-rpg set in the star wars universe with a pretty decent story and great gameplay.

The PC port is fine and runs great and looks great after a couple of patches.

Joe Molotov

Picked up TFU and also Jolly Rover, which I was interested in when it came out, but I didn't really want to drop $20 on. $5 however...

IceMarker

Lackmus said:

I have the Wii version and PC version, both have their Pros and Cons...

PC version is an auto-buy just for the bonus Hoth level where you are a super Sith and fight
Luke Skywalker

Joe Molotov

Since everyone was doing Steam e-peen measurements a few pages back...

Steam member since: 2004-12-27
Found 366 Games with a value of
$5310.35 USD

Really interested in the SW collection. When does the deal end? I'm going to need some time to think about this. 50 bucks right now can go a long way for me. Hmm.

I have so much crap in my steamlist that im actually considering starting a new account once the christmas sales start and buy the couple of games i do want to play again. I just went through my list of games and i want to keep 4 games out of 79 i got. :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ohh my dumb ass younger brother somehow managed to get his Steam account hacked this weekend and he got it back within 24 hours (I walked him through submitting a ticket to support on the phone on Saturday and when I got home on Sunday he told me he was back in business). Not shabby.

FatBaby

Joe Molotov said:
Picked up TFU and also Jolly Rover, which I was interested in when it came out, but I didn't really want to drop $20 on. $5 however...

Whoa, when did Jolly Rover drop to $10? And now its 50% off?

Hmmm...

LocoMrPollock said:
It's a great game. Not sure where you heard that it was shitty? But even as a non-Star Wars fan I enjoyed it.

It's an action-rpg set in the star wars universe with a pretty decent story and great gameplay.

The PC port is fine and runs great and looks great after a couple of patches.
It got a lot of mediocre reviews/reactions and I can see where that comes from. It has its moments but it's not consistently good, and the 360 version at least had glitches.

I don't know if it's still relevant, but several sites marked the PC version down for normal lazy port problems.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fallout-NL said:
Is there any way to get Dark Forces to look a little better (runs like dogshit too), there's nothing like Jdoom for it?

There isn't any graphical mods, the engine is apparently very hard to work with. You can make it run better by going into the dark forces folder (Steam\Steamapps\Common\Dark Forces), edit the dosbox.conf in notepad and increase the value of the cycles field. I upped it to 40000 and it runs smooth as butter now.

Sinatar said:
There isn't any graphical mods, the engine is apparently very hard to work with. You can make it run better by going into the dark forces folder (Steam\Steamapps\Common\Dark Forces), edit the dosbox.conf in notepad and increase the value of the cycles field. I upped it to 40000 and it runs smooth as butter now.

Ah cheers, that'll be better at least.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Lackmus said:

It'd not a bad game. It's just unpolished. It's a solid rental or something you buy for cheap. It's worth $7.50.

ArjanN

mrgone said:
The Force Unleashed might be worth $7.50, but it's definitely not worth half my monthly bandwidth quota. Jesus.

Every time someones mentions bandwidth quotas I am again baffled they exist and people stand for them.

What's even the point of having a fast internet connection if you're on a quota.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
nexen said:
My account breaks steam calculator. Tells me that it is empty and that I signed up in 1970.
Make a custom URL.

Honestly for Dark Forces I just someone remade it in the Doom engine so I could play it in zDoom the way I do Wolfenstein 3D (fucking excellent remake).

Ledsen

ArjanN said:
Every time someones mentions bandwidth quotas I am again baffled they exist and people stand for them.

What's even the point of having a fast internet connection if you're on a quota.

Yeah everytime I read something like that I feel sorry for the person who wrote it :( Although 60 GB per month should be more than enough for normal use unless you download huge amounts of stuff each month.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow, I love that Valve is adding Steam Wallet. I used to only deposit a set amount per month for my game purchases via Paypal. Helped me limit myself.

Now, I can just use my credit card to deposit and finally say goodbye to Paypal's fees!

ArjanN said:

Well what would you do about it? I either put up with a quota, or I don't have broadband. It sucks but you have to live with it.

mrgone

ArjanN said:

It's an unfortunate reality of internet in Canada :( Most (all?) of the major ISPs have extremely frugal caps, and are very reluctant to raise them. It sucks.

Ledsen said:
Yeah everytime I read something like that I feel sorry for the person who wrote it :( Although 60 GB per month should be more than enough for normal use unless you download huge amounts of stuff each month.

Maybe for a single person on a slow month, but if you buy games through digital services like Steam and stream a lot of video, it can get used up very quickly. It's going to get really dicey when Netflix opens up here soon if something doesn't change.

WEGGLES

mrgone said:
It's an unfortunate reality of internet in Canada :( Most (all?) of the major ISPs have extremely frugal caps, and are very reluctant to raise them. It sucks.

Maybe for a single person on a slow month, but if you buy games through digital services like Steam and stream a lot of video, it can get used up very quickly. It's going to get really dicey when Netflix opens up here soon if something doesn't change.
It's worth noting bell sells bandwidth cap extensions for $5/40GB. And you can buy multiple. I have the standard 60GB cap and I added 2 on.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I would like to purchase TFU but am also concerned about bandwidth,

Can anyone confirm the actual download size of TFU please?, on the previous page someone said it's closer to 15gb download and 30gb once installed, is correct?

graywolf323

lowrider007 said:
I would like to purchase TFU but am also concerned about bandwidth,

Can anyone confirm the actual download size of TFU please?, on the previous page someone said it's closer to 15gb download and 30gb once installed, is correct?, at 15gb.

not sure on the download size but it was around 25GB installed when I used to have it installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom