• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moobabe

This might be the place to ask - but recently I've been having problems connecting to games online - specifically valve games. I can load up the game, browse server lists to my heart's content and join them but then, soon as I hit sending client info my router switches off. Occasionally I can get into a game but then it's only a few seconds before I lose connection. Does anyone have this kind of problem?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DMPrince said:
TFU is locked at 30fps? does it play well with the 360 controller? it feels weird playing with keyboard.
Yes it's locked and 30 fps and there is no hack or tweak to change that.

Yes it plays well with a controller, it was built around being played on a controller.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
DMPrince said:
TFU is locked at 30fps? does it play well with the 360 controller? it feels weird playing with keyboard.
If you don't play with a controller - on the section with the QTE for the star destroyer - slow movements in a direction have as much effect as large movements. This drove me crazy when I played it, as I didn't know and was swiping my mouse across the mat as fast as I could and I still could not complete it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
crimsonheadGCN said:
Top Gun was added back to store and the price was lowered to $9.99. The game requires a controller and does not function at all with a keyboard. It was ported by the same developers who did Burn Zombie Burn!
They were already taken to task in the forums because BZB didn't have a crosshair for m/kb. I can't even imagine what the forums for Top Gun are gonna look like.

Big-E

When the hell is KOTOR 2 going to be on Steam? This also wasn't the cheapest KOTOR has been I believe. Think it has been $2 before.

Birbo

Archie said:
Today's special: Knights of the Old Republic for $2.50

Fucking sold! Already have it on Xbox, but never finished it. Does the PC version run much smoother? Know the Xbox versions framerate was pretty choppy in parts.

Big-E said:
When the hell is KOTOR 2 going to be on Steam? This also wasn't the cheapest KOTOR has been I believe. Think it has been $2 before.

I have been looking for a retail copy of this forever. It's one of the few SW games I haven't played.

But KotOR for $2.50 is awesome. Not sure if it has the same impact as it did when it was released (especially if you've played other Bioware RPG's since), but it's still a solid RPG.

Psy-Phi

Birbo said:
Fucking sold! Already have it on Xbox, but never finished it. Does the PC version run much smoother? Know the Xbox versions framerate was pretty choppy in parts.
It does run smooth, of course with today's PC's it should. But the interface is kinda awful, tabbing through things or mousing to them. You can't look all the way up and all the way down. Combat is also a bit tricky selecting skills. Just a lot of little things that let you know it's a port of something designed with the console in mind.

Safe Bet said:
Yeah, would be a good time.

Birbo said:
Runs ultra smooth on my set-up (5850, quad AMD) but it has issues with the cinematics on Win7, which can be quite the pain. Go look it up on the forums if you encounter the problem.

ArjanN

Birbo said:

Yeah. The load limes were much better as well, i.e. non-existant.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Lone_Prodigy said:
I have been looking for a retail copy of this forever. It's one of the few SW games I haven't played.
You can still find kotor2 in stores. I know my target store still caries it for pc. Sad its not on steam though.

stuminus3

So "Lucasarts Week" is just going to be "Star Wars Week"?

I'm kinda hoping to see the Monkey Island remakes in a cheap bundle so I can finally grab MI2. For some retarded reason I picked up the original remake on 360.

Mr_Zombie

stuminus3 said:
I'm kinda hoping to see the Monkey Island remakes in a cheap bundle so I can finally grab MI2. For some retarded reason I picked up the original remake on 360.

I predict Monkey Island games will be on sale on September 19th, on the International Talk Like a Pirate Day ;)
Last year, during that day, SoMI:SE was on sale and you could also grab the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island for free from Telltales site.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Are there some quality Action-Adventure games? I say Action-Adventure not Action-RPG because...

1) Controller support would be best.
2) I don't like messing with endless spells and interface shit unless it is turn based strategy.
3) I also don't want to spend 80% of my time running back and forth trying to navigate asshole conversations.
4) I don't want to constantly worry about resources like some survival horror game.

Just cool exploration shit with some action like Zelda, Tomb Raide, Prince of Persia, etc. Are there others? Sandbox games are just like RPG's except you run clear across the world to blow up some shit instead of having a conversation with an asshole.

graywolf323

zoku88 said:
Wow at the FM2011 preorder bonus o_O

yeah I enjoyed the FM2010 demo but resisted buying it knowing FM2011 was coming soon and while $40 seems a little rich to me including all the Sega Classics so far on Steam as a preorder bonus? holy crap that's a good deal

it's more like you're spending $30 on the classics and $10 on FM2011

Joe Molotov

Dice said:
Are there some quality Action-Adventure games? I say Action-Adventure not Action-RPG because...

2) I don't like messing with endless spells and interface shit unless it is turn based strategy.
3) I also don't want to spend 80% of my time running back and forth trying to navigate asshole conversations.
4) I don't want to constantly worry about resources like some survival horror game.

Just cool exploration shit with some action like Zelda, Tomb Raide, Prince of Persia, etc. Are there others? Sandbox games are just like RPG's except you run clear across the world to blow up some shit instead of having a conversation with an asshole.

I may be in the minority, but I actually liked Mini Ninjas. It's not great it's like a C+/B- game, but it's very Zeldaish, and it was fun for a few hours. Some other stuff came out and I never got around to beating it, but I'd still like to go back and finish it some day.

Ledsen

Dice said:

Darksiders is basically exactly what you described, except the PC (Steam only) version isn't out yet :(

I didn't know Dark Forces was up on Steam. :eek:

How's the compatibility? I know the id stuff worked well with DOSbox and such, is it as smooth here?

*And/Or are there any mods (like say, zDoom) for DF that I should be aware of?

Joe Molotov

Ah, Hacker Evolution, I remember that game. I got it off some site a few years ago that gave you a free (legit) game every day. Usually they sucked, but some times you'd get a gem like Hacker Evolution. It was a pretty awesome game from what I remember, but kinda sucked at it.

graywolf323

Joe Molotov said:
Not yet, that's my ultimate goal. :lol

joe_molotov

sent you a friend request as well

we have a similar total number of games apparently :lol which means you are a couple hundred behind LovingSteam :p

edit: good thing that show Hoarders will probably never do a special about digital hoarding :lol

graywolf323 said:
sent you a friend request as well

we have a similar total number of games apparently :lol which means you are a couple hundred behind LovingSteam :p

edit: good thing that show Hoarders will probably never do a special about digital hoarding :lol
:lol :lol

Joe Molotov

I try to keep my Steam splurging limited to sales only, but having said that, I will buy almost anything that's on sale. I almost bought that horse breeding game that was $5 last week, but the worse part is, I'm kinda sad now that I didn't. :lol

I would pay 60 bucks for grim fandango and 100 bucks to kick Tim in the gonads for making the first puzzle so god damn hard. First cdrom game I owned, I think my dad bought one of those 12 games in one long sleeve it had space quest and myst.

itxaka

Defeatist
Technosteve said:
I would pay 60 bucks for grim fandango and 100 bucks to kick Tim in the gonads for making the first puzzle so god damn hard. First cdrom game I owned, I think my dad bought one of those 12 games in one long sleeve it had space quest and myst.
Wait, what is this shit about gf on steam? Is lucasarts behave like a normal company an start selling it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom