• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Joe Molotov said:
I wish. LA still hasn't even bothered to add any more SCUMM releases after that first batch a year ago.

Well the CEO who was behind the whole retro revival left the company so I wouldn't hold my breath for any more.

lowrider007 said:
I would like to purchase TFU but am also concerned about bandwidth,

Can anyone confirm the actual download size of TFU please?, on the previous page someone said it's closer to 15gb download and 30gb once installed, is correct?

The DL should be around 15 gigs, but you never know with Steam.

Speaking of outrageously big games, is there anyway to decrease the size of FEAR Ultimate Edition? Why is Perseus Mandate 7 gigs? Can I remove it and XP without FEAR?

dani_dc

Eidos online store (UK one at least) is having a "up to 75%" sale, including Just Cause 2 (registable on steam) for £6.49.

Blizzard

Banned
It would be awesome if Grim Fandango showed up, but I agree that it seems quite unlikely, especially if the CEO is gone and this is just a normal discount week.

mrgone

dani_dc said:
Eidos online store (UK one at least) is having a "up to 75%" sale, including Just Cause 2 (registable on steam) for £6.49.

I'm tempted now to force some of my filthy foreign currency into places it potentially shouldn't go.

edit: No love for the foreign monies, even if they're thoughtfully and tastefully imprinted with the Queen's image.

Tigel

graywolf323 said:
I started the download for TFU and it showed the total download size as being 29,689.4 MB
Jesus, that's my bandwidth cap for a whole month...
Too bad, I wanted to try this game :/

Slavik81

I'm thinking of picking up the Star Wars pack. I already owned a lot of them, including Jedi Knight II, Knights of the Old Republic and half the Empire at War pack...

For for Forces of Corruption, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight 1, Jedi Academy, Starfighter, Republic Commando, and the Force Unleashed $50 might be a pretty decent deal.

Anything I should know about? Aside from the fact that the Force Unleashed PC port is a giant hog?

WEGGLES said:
It's worth noting bell sells bandwidth cap extensions for $5/40GB. And you can buy multiple. I have the standard 60GB cap and I added 2 on.
$0.12/GB? That's sounds actually... reasonable. I'm surprised.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Dammit, to me, that's a waste of $7.50. Could have just put it towards Civ V.

Honestly for me its a decent game to play with a 360 controller. It looks alright, plays alright, so for 7.50 i'd say you're making out just about right. The sound is messed up in the beginning, like the music is in the background and i can't ever bring it high enough. The 25gb or so doesn't bother me because i don't have a download cap.

stuminus3

Stupid Steam. I promised I'd stop this month after the King's Bounty deal. I couldn't help myself, $49.99 for a bundle like that?

Worth it for the Jedi Knight series, KotOR, Battlefront II, Republic Commando (this is actually a freakin' great game) and Empire at War Gold. No idea why they're still trying to squeeze blood out of Galaxies, I can guarantee I'll never install it. I'd have kicked that one out and released KotOR 2 in it's place (to whet the appetite for the MMORPG) but that would have made too much sense for Lucasarts.

So much for my King's Bounty playthrough. Stupid Steam.

butts

I bought TFU during the summer sale, just make sure you have a controller ready because the mouse controls they emulated are unplayably shitty :(

Gassey

Banned
Jolly Rover is a really great old school adventure game. It was developed by a fellow Australian indie developer and it's been a game he'd been wanting to make for years. When the game was released I was really blown away by its quality and puzzles. Not since Maniac Mansion have I sat and played an adventure game in such a long stretch.

There's a demo on Steam as well I believe...

What I like the most about it is the way it takes the "pain" out of adventuring. Little things like knowing when a character has no more dialogue or if you've already searched an object. It also has a clever hint system built into it; staggered "spoiler free" nudges in the right direction which - if you keep asking - it will eventually solve the puzzle for you.

LovingSteam said:
OMG, I just realized its been about a month and half since my last Steam purchase. That's like a record for me!
I've been dry for three weeks. This is like an AA meeting.

speculawyer said:
So $50 for the Star Wars collection. Do I want this? Is this crap or is there good stuff in there?
Some of them are a little dated, but there's only one game on there I couldn't recommend (Republic Heroes).

Joe Molotov

speculawyer said:
So $50 for the Star Wars collection. Do I want this? Is this crap or is there good stuff in there?

I'd just get TFU today, and wait and see what the other sales are like for the rest of the week. The Jedi Knight Collection is $19.99, and if it goes 50% off, then you could pick it up, and you'd be pretty well set. KOTOR and Republic Commandos are good, but you can pick them up cheap whenever. Battlefront II and Empire at War are pretty good, but they're not really Must Have IMO, and Republic Heroes and Star Wars Galaxies Online are best avoided.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
speculawyer said:
Depends on if you want that stuff. Im tempted...but as you can tell by my name Im a star wars nutt....but I already have the Jedi collection :lol

I would be more interested if they put more Star Wars games up :(

Joe Molotov said:
I'd just get TFU today, and wait and see what the other sales are like for the rest of the week. The Jedi Knight Collection is $19.99, and if it goes 50% off, then you could pick it up, and you'd be pretty well set. KOTOR and Republic Commandos are good, but you can pick them up cheap whenever. Battlefront II and Empire at War are pretty good, but they're not really Must Have IMO, and Republic Heroes and Star Wars Galaxies Online are best avoided.
:lol

You have like every game on Steam. :lol

Joe Molotov said:

What is your Steam ID?

Slavik81

Whoa. The last games I bought were from the summer sale on July 1st. It's been 74 days...
Of course, I haven't played any of those games yet.

graywolf323

Slavik81 said:
Whoa. The last games I bought were from the summer sale on July 1st. It's been 74 days...
Of course, I haven't played any of those games yet.

I'd rather not think about all the games I've gotten from sales and not only haven't played yet but haven't even considered installing yet :lol

Corran Horn said:
Depends on if you want that stuff. Im tempted...but as you can tell by my name Im a star wars nutt....but I already have the Jedi collection :lol

I would be more interested if they put more Star Wars games up :(
Ah screw it. Bought.

LovingSteam said:
Good evening. My name is Lovingsteam and Valve has my balls in their hands.
I mean, really, the only thing I've bought since the summer sale was the Plain Sight four pack and that doesn't count, right? It's like buying a round for friends.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
speculawyer said:
Ah screw it. Bought.
Corran-jedi.JPG

All according to my plan

SmokyDave

dani_dc said:
Bought!!!

Definitely registerable on Steam?

Edit: Yes!

Might get Arkham Asylum GoTY at that price too.

Top Gun was added back to store and the price was lowered to $9.99. The game requires a controller and does not function at all with a keyboard. It was ported by the same developers who did Burn Zombie Burn!

poweld

crimsonheadGCN said:
Top Gun was added back to store and the price was lowered to $9.99. The game requires a controller and does not function at all with a keyboard. It was ported by the same developers who did Burn Zombie Burn!
Wow, I've been gaming a long time and I don't think I've ever, ever heard of a game being ported to PC that doesn't support KB/M.

Valve doesn't port L4D to consoles and not provide controller support - it would be outrageous.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
poweld said:
Wow, I've been gaming a long time and I don't think I've ever, ever heard of a game being ported to PC that doesn't support KB/M.

Valve doesn't port L4D to consoles and not provide controller support - it would be outrageous.
Unless you have very carefully limited what genres you play on PC, you really should have a controller for it by now.

Davidion

Just bought Chime and VVVVV last night.

Why bother with willpower when I get two awesome games for less than $10?

SmokyDave said:
Bought!!!

Definitely registerable on Steam?

Edit: Yes!

Oh god, is there any way for you to give this to someone in the US for compensation? Childbirth and/or rearing may be on the table.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Stallion Free said:
Unless you have very carefully limited what genres you play on PC, you really should have a controller for it by now.
You should still have the option for keyboard/mouse support. I mean you can play geometry wars with a kb/m and that is one of the most controller centric games out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom