• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
itxaka said:
Wait, what is this shit about gf on steam? Is lucasarts behave like a normal company an start selling it again?

Well LA started putting their library on Steam last July I believe and they said they'd be adding more titles every few months. The last one added was KOTOR and that was almost a year ago.

graywolf323

LovingSteam said:
Well LA started putting their library on Steam last July I believe and they said they'd be adding more titles every few months. The last one added was KOTOR and that was almost a year ago.

doesn't help they seem to be one of the worst run companies in the video game industry

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
LovingSteam said:

Yeah... a lot of people started leaving / getting fired from Lucas Arts. I doubt any of the cool stuff they had planned last year are still in the works.

Zefah said:
Yeah... a lot of people started leaving / getting fired from Lucas Arts. I doubt any of the cool stuff they had planned last year are still in the works.

You're most likely correct. All that I wanted was Full Throttle. Bastards!

itxaka

Defeatist
LovingSteam said:
You're most likely correct. All that I wanted was Full Throttle. Bastards!

You can still buy FT for around 2€ new if you are on Europe. But I guess you aren't :D

fS4px.png

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Dice said:
Are there some quality Action-Adventure games? I say Action-Adventure not Action-RPG because...

1) Controller support would be best.
2) I don't like messing with endless spells and interface shit unless it is turn based strategy.
3) I also don't want to spend 80% of my time running back and forth trying to navigate asshole conversations.
4) I don't want to constantly worry about resources like some survival horror game.

Just cool exploration shit with some action like Zelda, Tomb Raide, Prince of Persia, etc. Are there others? Sandbox games are just like RPG's except you run clear across the world to blow up some shit instead of having a conversation with an asshole.

Batman: Arkham Asylum? Pretty damn good port i'd say. Although it does have GFWL if you don't like that.

ArjanN

LovingSteam said:
I need it on Steam so I can see the purty picture in my games list :(

I'm a pathetic human being :(

I could easily dig up my old Full Throttle and Grim Fandango discs, but what I really want is Secret of Monkey Island style remakes for both. I think both of these games would hugely benefit from it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
A very nice and awesome fellow called Deozaan just gifted me Kotor, just wanted to share. Now i might go for an evil playtrough of Kotor even tough that being evil seems kinda awkward to me.

Blizzard

Banned
Gexecuter said:
A very nice and awesome fellow called Deozaan just gifted me Kotor, just wanted to share. Now i might go for an evil playtrough of Kotor even tough that being evil seems kinda awkward to me.
Hey man, fight the system and go with the Random Third BioWare Dialogue Option! :lol

What will you do?

1. Keep the money. I don't need it.
2. I will murder your family and laugh!
3. HOW IS BABBY FORMED

Gexecuter said:

Which ending I thought was better:
The evil ending has to be the best ending I've seen in a video game.

Why: (big spoiler):
Usually the "bad" ending is you losing, or at least some kind of terrible price is paid to win. In KoTOR though, instead of the "way to be the good guy" ending, you're not just evil, you get the girl plus go out an conquer the galaxy. How do you "win" more than going from nothing to ruling the republic with an iron fist, and all bow down before your will? It's definitely one case where being the hero doesn't pay!

itxaka

Defeatist
SmokyDave said:
Bought!!!

Definitely registerable on Steam?

Edit: Yes!

Might get Arkham Asylum GoTY at that price too.

Just a heads up if anyone is interested, Batman GOTY is not registerable on Steam! At least mine is not registering.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
graywolf323 said:
and it sucks since those of us that did got gypped on the GOTY edition
It comes with 2 mediocre combat challenge maps. Nothing worth crying over. If they stress you that much you can get them for like 4$ from GFWL.

graywolf323

Zerokku said:
For those interested, the Zeboyd guys who did the xbox live indie games - "Breath of Death VII" Dragon Quest clone last year and their new game "Cthulu Saves the World" are considering trying to get their games ported over and onto steam.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=16574983&postcount=965

Hell yes. Still just in the consideration stages, and they would have to talk to valve first, but still, hell yes.

if they do I'll buy them, both games look really interesting but I don't own a 360 so they are losing out on my money :lol

Dynoro

pilonv1 said:
HOLY FUCK @ the Australian tax on Football Manager 2011

AU $89.95
US $39.95

Ridiculous.
Not just you guys; its £39.99 in the UK (not as bad you the Austrailian price, for sure, but heading in that direction)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Any word on when Front Mission Evolved can be preordered?

Would be nice to know whether ordering Steam will get you the bonus Wanzers.

Askani

I just saw it today too. I am scrambling trying to find one my friends to order a copy for me and gift it so I don't miss it. :lol Wanted to do another play-through of that for a while now.

::::: EDIT

Found someone. Score!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone else ever had problem with ClickandBuy? It works perfect for my Apple Appstore but when using it for my Steam account I get some sort of problem that the transaction was cancelled..

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh man, I might have to go for this one. I love single player RTS and Star Wars just makes it awesome.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dawn of War II: Retribution going to full Steamworks:

VG247 said:
Retribution will use Steamworks for the “all new matchmaking and ranking set up” in the game, and will allow for other added benefits.

“This new back end will allow players to invite friends into matches from their Steam friends lists, and take advantage of the full set of Steam community features including groups, achievements, and Steam overlay chat channels. We are also going to include an all new matchmaking and ranking set up, built specifically for Dawn of War II – Retribution,” said Relic in a statement.

“The move to Steamworks will also allow us to provide features like guest passes, free multiplayer weekends, pre-loading and the ability to provide fast turn-around on future patches and updates.

“To accomplish this transition, Dawn of War II – Retribution will be a completely stand alone title in the series and will provide multiple campaigns to play, as well as all six multiplayer races, with new units for each of the existing five races and one new unannounced one. In a change from our previous strategies with expansion packs, we will not be patching this content back into Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising.

“Owners of Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising will get the chance to try out the full set of Retribution’s Steam features in a multiplayer beta that will take place in the new year. More details on the beta will be announced at a later date.

“Dawn of War II and Chaos Rising will continue to operate on Games for Windows Live, in order to preserve the owners of those titles ability to earn Live achievements as well as their established friends lists.”

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
For some reason in pretty much every game my 5850 dislikes actually displaying over 4x AA. In fact, I think Tomb Raider Underworld and Fry Cry 2 have been the only ones to do it successfully. Valve games will go 4x and other games only go 2x. If I try to go higher they just display without AA.

Blade Kitten is available for preorder:

Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, and Krome Studios announced today that Blade Kitten, the epic action adventure title starring Kit Ballard, is now available for pre-order on Steam for £9.99/€11.99. Steam purchasers will exclusively receive Kit’s Gothic Costume allowing them to get in touch with her dark side.

Blade Kitten goes beyond most downloadable titles to deliver a strong narrative, with high-quality cinematics, and a colorful, frenetic visual style, that lends to the pick-up-and-play arcade action. Players will jump right in and easily begin exploring and fighting their way through 19 levels, including three exploration levels with Noot (a rideable alien mount). Blade Kitten also features straight forward gameplay mechanics, intuitive “scramble style” exploration, fully voiced dialogue, dramatic narrative and powerful visual direction.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/9940/

Sanjay

Edios on-line website for buying games is horrible.

1. You must use CAPS for your post code and maybe a space too.
2. You must use spaces every 4 digit for your CC number.

Otherwise you just fail processing the order.

Nabs

Sanjay said:
Edios on-line website for buying games is horrible.

1. You must use CAPS for your post code and maybe a space too.
2. You must use spaces every 4 digit for your CC number.

Otherwise you just fail processing the order.

thanks for just cause 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom