• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlbeak

God I own Battlefront II and loved it. Do people still play it online? I guess maybe it will have a resurgence due to this sale! Reinstall! :D

vazel

Banned
Yay an influx of new players. Time to dig out my copy from the closet. Unless most of them aren't going to touch the game for months if ever like what happens with so many steam sale games.

19Kilo

Horsebite said:
God I own Battlefront II and loved it. Do people still play it online? I guess maybe it will have a resurgence due to this sale! Reinstall! :D

Oooh good point, I've only played against bots. Will pick it up now.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Lone_Prodigy said:
I actually liked BF1 better. Heroes are kinda gimmicky and OP, and space combat isn't terribly fun.

Stomping Ewoks and Gungans though is awesome.
Wait, you can kill Gungans? That alone is worth a Lincoln.

owlbeak

God it's almost worth the $5 just to not have to do a 4-CD install. Too bad I'm broke. :( :(

I really hate that you can't use an existing CD key for the digital download version...I know it costs bandwidth, etc. But still. Bummer.

graywolf323

Volcynika said:
BattleFront II for $5.

bought :D it was the only game in the Star Wars Collection I didn't already own :lol (besides Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes but that game is just shit)

wonder what the weekend deal will be? everything so far has been Star Wars but it is Talk Like a Pirate Day on Sunday so maybe a Monkey Island bundle deal?

19Kilo

crimsonheadGCN said:
Delve Deeper store page has been added to the "Coming Soon" list and it will be released on September 20, 2010. It will be $4.99 most likely.

I'm a bit confused by the description :lol :
About the Game

Inviting you to explore a vast deserted island, Myst slowly reveals a haunting storyline involving a series of books that unlock alternate planes of reality. With only your wits as your guide, you must decode the hidden clues placed throughout the game's gorgeous 3D environments. Through text, video clips and tricky puzzles, you’ll discover a world so real, you will be certain that it truly exists.

Looks like a fun game though.

Aaron

MNC said:
Fuckalooza, I missed Empire at war?

... It's probably for the best.

:(
I didn't miss it. Brought it, downloaded it... and stick can't fucking play it. They ran out of keys, they say. That's just wrong.

deleted

So, I just fond these two coupons from GamesCon back in August and I was wondering: Is there anybody in here who (for whatever reason) never played Portal and Episode 2 (and doesn´t have them in their humongous backlog)?
Because then its you lucky day, I have both for a free giveaway. You can even gift a second spare copy included with the code to anyone interested.

xyla said:
So, I just fond these two coupons from GamesCon back in August and I was wondering: Is there anybody in here who (for whatever reason) never played Portal and Episode 2 (and doesn´t have them in their humongous backlog)?
Because then its you lucky day, I have both for a free giveaway. You can even gift a second spare copy included with the code to anyone interested.

Episode 2 please

Askani

xyla said:

Cool freebies. I don't own it, but I have already played Portal. Hopefully you can find someone who hasn't played it so they can understand the lies of cake.

Also, yeah...I never played Battlefront 2 but I always wanted to. May have to bite even though I just bought Minecraft last night and told myself "No more games right now!".

graywolf323

xyla said:

my sister missed out on the free Portal back in May so I'd love to snatch that code to give her if you still have it

graywolf323 said:
my sister missed out on the free Portal back in May so I'd love to snatch that code to give her if you still have it

I can gift it to her if you give me her email or steam id.

Wait, sorry, guess I have an extra copy of Episode 2 now, not Portal.

I can gift it to anyone who wants it. - gone.

Forkball

Forkball said:
I hope Battlefront II is one of the games that goes on sale this week. I really liked the first one but never got an opportunity to play the sequel.
My wish came true in a matter of hours! Valve really is magic. Installing now.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you are replaying KotOR since you just picked it up on sale and you are like motherfucker why doesn't it support widescreen, go here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/WSGF_Hacks_for_SW:KOTOR

It works, and you can still start the game through Steam just fine.

swkotor2010-09-1617-573jwq.jpg

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Are you kidding me? That's stretched. Fuck that.

Edit: Or maybe you picked an unlucky screenshot? Iunno.

it's okay. i ended up just going to download off the ati site. I couldn't get it to install through steam as it would always crash. Hopefully they get it fix. but If i can just go to the site then there's no real point in doing it through steam anyways.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wtf are you guys talking about? That isn't stretched? I'm gonna assume you have never played that section before because that's how the ship looks.

Stallion Free said:
Wtf are you guys talking about? That isn't stretched? I'm gonna assume you have never played that section before because that's how the ship looks.

I don't think it's stretched. It just struck me funny for some reason :lol

Maybe I'm just used to playing it in 4:3

fullX1900KOTOR4x.JPG

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Stallion Free said:
Here Wmat, if you still think it's stretched, you have serious vision problems.
It was an unlucky screenshot, you gotta admit that.

I played the game when it was released the last time, so of course I didn't remember that ship's stretchedness.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
wmat said:
It was an unlucky screenshot, you gotta admit that.
When I look for a stretched widescreen, I look at the characters, not the environment. Nothing about the characters looked stretched so you should assume that that is the ship's design.

Stallion Free said:
When I look for a stretched widescreen, I look at the characters, not the environment. Nothing about the characters looked stretched so you should assume that that is the ship's design.

No, look at the UI. That square in the upper left? There are no squares in stretched widescreen.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Stallion Free said:
When you combine that FoV, that camera angle and that ship, it's hard to tell anything. That's why I edited my original answer to your screenie.

Looking at it again, it surely is not stretched, but that isn't the immediate impression there.

BobJustBob said:
No, look at the UI. That square in the upper left? There are no squares in stretched widescreen.
The UI can be fixed for widescreen with non-power-of-two textures (I think DX9 supports them, right?). That was my trail of thought there.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
BobJustBob said:
That too :lol

I'm irritated that people think I would stoop to stretched widescreen and recommend it to people. Fuck that shit.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Stop piling up on me. I saw the possible error in my assumption right after I made that post, you can SEE that I made a ninja edit; give me a break already.

As an aside, there ARE game patches out there that claim to fix for widescreen, but only scale textures or alter UI UV coords. This is not a new concept, so it's natural to be sceptical.

Prezhulio

Aaron said:
I didn't miss it. Brought it, downloaded it... and stick can't fucking play it. They ran out of keys, they say. That's just wrong.

say what? i bought the whole collection, but i'm still downloading empire at war. is this a common thing to happen on steam?

Blizzard

Banned
Visualante said:
Are we gonna be able to get a few GAF games of battlefront 2? I'll get it if so.
MAKE IT SO! (I've never played it so I need fellow noobs)

Prezhulio said:
say what? i bought the whole collection, but i'm still downloading empire at war. is this a common thing to happen on steam?
Not too common, but for really good prices you'll sometimes see it happen. They always get the keys as far as I know, but sometimes it take a couple of days for them to send someone out and threaten to break the publisher's kneecaps. Or however it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom