• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

LucasArts week means Secret of Monkey Island 1 & 2 going on sale tomorrow right? :D

I already own both on iPod and would gladly double dip for the HD PC version!

Ledsen

blackMamba1187 said:
Picked up battlefront 2 as well. Now for Republic Commando... pretty sure I liked it back when I played it on xbox.

It's an awesome game, maybe the second best Star Wars game (after KOTOR).

Blizzard said:
MAKE IT SO! (I've never played it so I need fellow noobs)

Not too common, but for really good prices you'll sometimes see it happen. They always get the keys as far as I know, but sometimes it take a couple of days for them to send someone out and threaten to break the publisher's kneecaps. Or however it works.
Bought then, cool. I set up a GAF group for all the Star Wars multiplayer games. Feel free to join- it's not exclusively for Battlefront, if other multiplayer people wanna join.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GAFwars if we need a thread in online too to co-ordinate games/friends lists for people at work and such go ahead and make it.

Battlefront is full of morons who clearly don't understand the concept of shooting. Maybe I've gone on some bad servers or something, and I did notice there's a lot of bad AI too- but yeah I was topping the scoreboard without really trying. Not a whole lot of competition- it's just a battle of spawn times and knowing the map.

fuuu. King's Bounty: Crossworld is out. but under library for me it says "King's Bounty: Crossworld Preorder". I'm at another computer so I don't have AP installed to see if I can install this or not?

Salacious Crumb

Visualante said:
Battlefront is full of morons who clearly don't understand the concept of shooting. Maybe I've gone on some bad servers or something, and I did notice there's a lot of bad AI too- but yeah I was topping the scoreboard without really trying. Not a whole lot of competition- it's just a battle of spawn times and knowing the map.

Playing a sniper is so easy, it almost feels like cheating.

Salacious Crumb said:
Playing a sniper is so easy, it almost feels like cheating.
Yeah I played around as sniper for a bit, found it the easier at a first glance. Got to play as Skywalker twice in my second game, which was a blast. The emperor was slain.

I dunno if I can see myself playing it much with the ineptitude of the average player.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
TouchMyBox said:
No... No monkey island deal please. What we need is a Jedi Knight collection for $5!
This!
because I already have both MI SE

I also just realized that there was a CoH sale a couple weeks back, dammit D:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hey guys can anyone help me out?

I have a 5850 and for some reason on half my games if I lower the resolution from native, it only stretches horizontally and makes black bars at the top & bottom of the screen. For example, Just Cause 2 will switch the resolution properly but Far Cry 2 will not. Battlefront 2 also does not which is irritating me right now since I want to play in 720p to make the HUD and text bigger.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
And the final deal is...

_friday_spotlight.jpg

I wanted the JK pack :(

Dice said:
I have a 5850 and for some reason on half my games if I lower the resolution from native, it only stretches horizontally and makes black bars at the top & bottom of the screen. For example, Just Cause 2 will switch the resolution properly but Far Cry 2 will not. Battlefront 2 also does not which is irritating me right now since I want to play in 720p to make the HUD and text bigger.

You should probably adjust the scaling options in the Catalyst Control Panel so that it scales the games to your monitor's resolution but maintains the aspect ratio. If you output non-native resolutions to some LCD monitors it will do weird things like what you are describing.

Monkey Island Bundle.jpg

That's too bad. I already have the first game and have been waiting for a deal on the second. So getting both for $10 (I assume, my Steam still says Battlefront 2) isn't a deal at all for me. Guess I'm still waiting to pick up MI2:SE

X05

Dr. Zoidberg said:
That's too bad. I already have the first game and have been waiting for a deal on the second. So getting both for $10 (I assume, my Steam still says Battlefront 2) isn't a deal at all for me. Guess I'm still waiting to pick up MI2:SE
they are 4.99 each apparently!

stuminus3

Yay Monkey Island at last!

Bundle bought. Shame I can't install it at home yet, I've busted my bandwidth cap this month. Fucking Steam. :lol

Dice

Dr. Zoidberg said:
You should probably adjust the scaling options in the Catalyst Control Panel so that it scales the games to your monitor's resolution but maintains the aspect ratio. If you output non-native resolutions to some LCD monitors it will do weird things like what you are describing.
I had to search the help to find where that is, but it worked. Thanks!

YYZ

Are these games point-and-click adventures? I really have no idea. Good deal, but I probably won't play through either one even though it looks somewhat appealing.

Dice

YYZ said:
Are these games point-and-click adventures? I really have no idea. Good deal, but I probably won't play through either one even though it looks somewhat appealing.
Yes, they are. I've had both for like 2 months and hardly touched them. Of course, I've had Dead Space for over a year and hardly touched it.

Hummm.... wasn't MI1 for US$ 2 last bid summer sale? I want both games on PC, despite I already own MI1 on 360, but I may wait for a 75% or more deal.

Ledsen

YYZ said:

I'm sorry but :lol :lol :lol How old are you man? Or did you never play any PC games growing up?

crimsonheadGCN said:
Delve Deeper store page has been added to the "Coming Soon" list and it will be released on September 20, 2010. It will be $4.99 most likely.

Wow, it looks great, simply great. I love indie games that strive for something unique

Also, :lol at the genre question. I was going to buy the MI Bundle on PSN, hoping move would be patched, but this is way better. This + Jolly Rogers for $5 filled my quota for pirate themed P&C adventure games :p

Dizzy-4U

Why does steam keeps trying to update Red Orchestra for me? It's set to not update automatically in the properties of the game =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom