• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktham

Nilla said:
261dtlk.png
The mouse there? Unless I'm missing something...

steam is all screwed up for me. tried to buy Civ 5 and my card got declined even though the funds are available. now my account is showing no connection and can't even get into the community section.

BigBlackGamer said:
steam is all screwed up for me. tried to buy Civ 5 and my card got declined even though the funds are available. now my account is showing no connection and can't even get into the community section.

Yup, its down. It's not you.

BigBlackGamer said:
it's been like that since yesterday.

WEGGLES

Goddamnit!

Bought Civ 5. Can't activate it.

After the fucking demo blueballed me half way thru a game and told me to buy it... so I do and I can't play it... DON'T HOLD OUT ON ME MAN :'[

MoFuzz

Twig said:
penis spooging
Fix'd

Anyone want to go in for a Serious Sam HD Second Encounter 4 pack? If I can't round up 3 others, I'll just eat the $1.25 difference for a single copy. Bloody crooks.

Don't look at me like that, I'm being thrifty, not cheap.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
WEGGLES said:
Goddamnit!

Bought Civ 5. Can't activate it.

After the fucking demo blueballed me half way thru a game and told me to buy it... so I do and I can't play it... DON'T HOLD OUT ON ME MAN :'[
same situation...fucking hell...

Rufus

Saved me from buying Serious Sam HD (not casting judgement, but I have a pile of games to go through), so it's fiiine by me. :lol

Twig

Banned
KiKaL said:
I hate you, this is going to be like the Fedex arrow. I'm not going to be able to un see it.
I'm not the one who saw a mouse and thought penis.

It was someone else on the previous page.

When I first saw the image I had absolutely no idea, I thought maybe he was making a Mac joke 'cause two buttons or some shit (yes I know Mac mice now have two buttons).

But, yeah, no: penis

Kerrinck

Are the non hd versions of Serious Sam worth it, or are they the same as the HD ones but with crappier graphics?
Also, anyone still doing a 4 pack?

epmode

Kerrinck said:
Are the non hd versions of Serious Sam worth it, or are they the same as the HD ones but with crappier graphics?
The HD remakes play so closely to the originals that they feel more like reskins than remakes. If they run well on your machine, just stick with them.

(There are a few small differences in level design, however. A handful of places are more interesting in the originals due to additional gravity tricks not found in the remakes. ..Unless that's been patched?)

Railer

Ok, so i bought Civ5 on steam right now, and it doesnt unlock for another hour or so.
But when i try to preload it, it suspends after just a few seconds of download. Why oh why !?

Edit: Fixed it, the download server i used was to busy. Changed it and it started working!

dani_dc

Garry's Mod is 50% off to celebrate the OSX version release.

That Serious Sam Gold Edition is tempting for some reason even when logic tells me just getting the HD versions is the way to go :lol

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Is there an extensive list as to what Croteam has changed between the original Serious Sam's and the new HD ones? Apart from the graphics.

bathala

Banned
People who own Android Phone.

There's a steam app. U can check u game library, friends (no chat), the store (discount, new release, and top seller)

MoFuzz

Easy_D said:
Is there an extensive list as to what Croteam has changed between the original Serious Sam's and the new HD ones? Apart from the graphics.
Bwa ha ha, it's not the sound that's for sure. Same lo-fi 96kbps samples from the original.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
MoFuzz said:
Bwa ha ha, it's not the sound that's for sure. Same lo-fi 96kbps samples from the original.
I meant more level design wise, the gravity weirdness and all that.

Oreoleo

bathala said:
People who own Android Phone.

There's a steam app. U can check u game library, friends (no chat), the store (discount, new release, and top seller)

So basically nothing you can't already do through the web browser?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
zombieshavebrains said:
Is it made by Valve?
Nope. All it does is link you to things you would be seeing on anyone's Community profile. Type in your username and thats it.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Yeah, definitely thinking that the classic Serious Sam games play better. I also like the older graphics more. If I had the second encounter CD I'd probably regret this purchase a bit. Would rather have gotten the classics on GOG.

Borman

There are three main ways to get BioShock to correctly run in DX9 mode on a DX10 card in Vista: In Games Explorer right-click on the BioShock icon and select 'Play-DirectX9'; or right-click on your BioShock launch icon, select Properties, and add -dx9 one blank space after the last character in the Target box; or you can disable individual DX10 effects by editing the relevant DX10 .ini settings (See Advanced Tweaking section for details). In any case the actual performance difference between proper DX9 and DX10 mode can be quite pronounced in some areas, so if you're struggling for FPS run in proper DX9 mode, or use BioShock under XP for maximum FPS.
http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_6.html

I had an issue where it wouldnt load in DX10 for some reason. Worth a shot anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom