• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dizzy-4U said:
I bought Borderlands + all the dlc but for some reason I don't have the key of one of them. Is this a normal issue with steam?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15829902&postcount=3

We have run out of keys for the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned DLC.

As soon as we get more, you'll get them. We expect to have this resolved soon.

For now, we have removed the CD Key prompt when starting the game, so the base game and other DLCs will be available to you as normal.

calder

OK, whew. Snapped and uninstalled all my Steam games and client, then reinstalled Steam. Seems to work better now, and hey it let me buy Mafia 2. Thanks for graciously accepting my money after 6 failed attempts, Valve! :lol You'd think they were Sega they way they tried to completely prevent me from giving them money.

Damn why did they not sell the STALKER games separately for $5 each? I already own Shadow of Chernobyl. Oh well purchased anyway, $10 is too much of a steal.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Weekend deal is awesome:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl + Call of Pripyat pack for 7.50 Euro

Edit: Eaten By a Grue, does it allow you to gift SoC?

Easy_D said:
Weekend deal is awesome:

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl + Call of Pripyat pack for 7.50 Euro

Edit: Eaten By a Grue, does it allow you to gift SoC?

Nope, it does not allow you to gift SoC if you already have it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
crimsonheadGCN said:
Nope, it does not allow you to gift SoC if you already have it.
That's a bummer, well it's a good deal anyway, might as well have been CoP alone for that price.

Too bad the loyalty promo doesn't stack, then they'd owe me 3 euros :lol

Borderlands stutters really bad for me sometimes. Anybody have any fixes? I have vsync enabled.
Rig:
i5 750
4gb ram
ATI radeon 5770

commissar

So g2play has Civ 5 for a solid 50% less than it would be to purchase off Steam locally.

Would this be safe, or should I look into international gifting instead?

commissar said:
So g2play has Civ 5 for a solid 50% less than it would be to purchase off Steam locally.

Would this be safe, or should I look into international gifting instead?

No, it would not be safe. G2Play is not an authorized reseller and if 2K Games asks Valve to remove all keys that were obtained through the site then Valve will do so.

commissar

crimsonheadGCN said:
No, it would not be safe. G2Play is not an authorized reseller and if 2K Games asks Valve to remove all keys that were obtained through the site then Valve will do so.
Sweet. Thanks :)

kinggroin

Banned
DanDeschain said:
Borderlands stutters really bad for me sometimes. Anybody have any fixes? I have vsync enabled.
Rig:
i5 750
4gb ram
ATI radeon 5770

Turn vsync off in the main menu.

Then download and user d3doverrider. You can get it by downloading rivatuner as well (the program is located in the tools subdirectory.

Also, make sure you're using 10.5a hotfix drivers, NOT the 10.7 ones (these cause a memory leak in the game).

Easy_D said:
That's a bummer, well it's a good deal anyway, might as well have been CoP alone for that price.

Too bad the loyalty promo doesn't stack, then they'd owe me 3 euros :lol
Yeah that sucks you cannot gift it. I was thinking the same thing too, CoP is worth the $10 alone.

I just played 10 minutes of CoP (this is going on my huge backlog unfortunately), but from what I played the atmosphere is incredible, just as awesome as SoC.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Dear god the Stalker bundle is mighty tempting. I already have the retail Stalker and Clear Sky, no COP. It would be nice to have COP as well as the steam version of Stalker.

Considering COP is still 19.99 on Amazon i think i might buy this.

Fucking steam man.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Damn I cant believe I just missed another great Oblivion sale. I'm tired of trying to aim my fireballs and select spells with a dual shock.

wmat said:
lol Germany :(

Should know that some of the staff of HLPortal.de talked to Jason Holtman (Valve's Director of Business / Legal Affairs) about Age Verification and that the conversation seemed to be successful in at least getting him to look at what can be done in the future.

slamskank said:
Anybody recall how much Stalker CoP went for on the summer sale if you owned SoC? Thanks in advance.

I don't think it was a huge deal, I think it was something like 15.99 for the loyalty program price, and 24.99 without, and it never went on for a daily deal.

This weekend deal is tempting...I have been trying to hold off on CoP till I build a new computer with DirectX11 compatibility...but man.....$10! Plus an extra copy of SoC I don't need :p

graywolf323

crimsonheadGCN said:
Should know that some of the staff of HLPortal.de talked to Jason Holtman (Valve's Director of Business / Legal Affairs) about Age Verification and that the conversation seemed to be successful in at least getting him to look at what can be done in the future.

thank you God! it's just so ridiculous that they can remember my credit card information but not that I'm over the age of 18 :lol (actually 23)

graywolf323 said:
thank you God! it's just so ridiculous that they can remember my credit card information but not that I'm over the age of 18 :lol (actually 23)

That will not change in the future due to legal issues. I was referring to Age Verification that would allow German citizens to buy uncut versions of titles without getting people to gift them a version outside of the country.

Max

I am not Max
Aw I wanted to have an extra copy of SoC to give away, oh well $10 for CoP is pretty good I guess

biocat

Has anyone gotten any phishing messages from me? My account has been disabled and I'm not exactly sure why.

I've never clicked on a messaged to link me nor entered my account info into anything suspicious. I don't use any cheat programs, either.

I guess I've been hijacked?

Especially sucks because I would be all over CoP if I could.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
I fail at PayPal. Sorry, brain_stew! Didn't know I can't send money with direct debit. Weird shit!

crimsonheadGCN said:
That will not change in the future due to legal issues. I was referring to Age Verification that would allow German citizens to buy uncut versions of titles without getting people to gift them a version outside of the country.

Yup. They have to require you verify your age every single time for legality. If they don't require it and a person under 18 ends up purchasing an 18& over game, Valve can be sued.

crimsonheadGCN said:
Isn't there some EU trade law that says Valve has no grounds to deauthorize keys purchased and registered within in the EU?

Blizzard

Banned
It looks like Steam added new features and improvements, stuff like tabbed chat!

...and my list of games still doesn't pre-load the icons, so after all the time to go load/verify the game files and bring up the Steam client, it still takes another 1-2 seconds to hang if I try to scroll through the game list. :lol

Tom Penny

Valve is awesome. My account has been hijacked for a week and they haven't even responded even though I've sent them all the email confirmations of buying their games for over 2 years from the email address I set my username up with. Good stuff. This is only the 3rd time it's happened...

Blizzard

Banned
Tom Penny said:
Valve is awesome. My account has been hijacked for a week and they haven't even responded even though I've sent them all the email confirmations of buying their games for over 2 years from the email address I set my username up with. Good stuff. This is only the 3rd time it's happened...
Did you make sure you registered your email address the last time or two it happened? If you register your account to your email address (in settings, I think) and make sure the passwords are different, then there is basically NO way anyone can change your password.

Also, I'm assuming you're going through the normal support ticket system? I don't think I've ever had it take more than 4-5 days if it includes a weekend. :/

Tom Penny said:
Stop falling for phishing scams? Not their fault. It doesn't happen to everyone.

jambo

Tom Penny said:
How did your account get hacked last time?

I had a great experience, got my account back in under 48 hours. Have they even responded to the initial ticket?

Blizzard

Banned
Visualante said:
Stop falling for phishing scams? Not their fault. It doesn't happen to everyone.
Even if it's not their fault, they are usually pretty good about responding through the normal support ticket system, and it sucks if they are not responding in this case.

biocat

Crap. This is just day one for me. I'm really careful about my info so could I possibly have been banned for another reason? Only thing strange is I sometimes get gifted games from other regions that are unavailable to me in JP. Could they ban me for that?

Tom Penny

jambo said:
How did your account get hacked last time?

I had a great experience, got my account back in under 48 hours. Have they even responded to the initial ticket?

How the fuck do I know. Basically once a year the last 3 years I will go attempt to log in with the username and password I always use and I cannot get in. Then it goes through the whole spiel do you know your username..yes..."we have sent a email to you". Then none of my emails have an email from valve. Or you give then all your emails and get nothing back. It's impossible that a week ago I'm logging in no problem and now I suddenly have amnesia keep fucking up my password. Not happening. They responded pretty quick the 1st two times within a day that's what's pissing me off. Maybe they switch how they do Steam support.

Either you have an easy secret question, someone compromised your email account, or you are giving out your password and do not even realize it. There is no way your Steam account should be taken over at least once a year.

Shaneus

Sweet. As an FYI, they have the original Raptor on there with updated resolutions (like 1280x800). Not quite what I was hoping for, but damned if nostalgia isn't going to kick in when I get home tonight, forcing me to purchase it :lol

Actually, now I think of it, there was a vertical shmup mentioned a few pages ago that was appearing on Steam. Does anyone remember if it was any good (or what it was called)?

Tom Penny said:
How the fuck do I know. Basically once a year the last 3 years I will go attempt to log in with the username and password I always use and I cannot get in. Then it goes through the whole spiel do you know your username..yes..."we have sent a email to you". Then none of my emails have an email from valve. Or you give then all your emails and get nothing back. It's impossible that a week ago I'm logging in no problem and now I suddenly have amnesia keep fucking up my password. Not happening. They responded pretty quick the 1st two times within a day that's what's pissing me off. Maybe they switch how they do Steam support.

Have you verified your email address? Have you created a support ticket? If yes, contact BurtonJ on the forums. He's a Valve employee and if you go to him directly and let him know the situation he is pretty good at trying to speed up the process when someone's account is hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom