• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
G_Berry said:
Wow, just noticed Bad Company 2 is only 29.99 USD on the US store while on the Aussie store, its 69.99 USD.

Currently....

1.00 AUD = 0.960710 USD

Way to fuck us in the ass, cunts!

The rest of the world aren't cunts, it's just our way of getting even with you for living in a beautiful country.

deleted

Horsebite said:
Anyone tried out that Delve Deeper game? It looks pretty interesting, especially at $4.49USD. Like Minecraft: The Board Game!

Yep, its pretty cool, I posted my impressions earlier in this thread. Don´t know about the saving issue, will test that later.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
poweld said:
Haven't tried it for Steam downloads, but it should work just fine as long as you have another system outside of the firewall to SSH into. Just forward TCP ports 27014 to 27050, like so:

ssh -L 27014:127.0.0.1:27014 -L 27015:127.0.0.1:27015 <and so on...> sshUser@sshServer

Remember, though, that the SSH server must not have the port restrictions.

I don't understand what you mean by this, do i need to download an SSH server?

YYZ

Australia would be perfect if it weren't for backwards government and widespread racism. Sound familiar?

Oh, also those man-eating spiders.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
YYZ said:
fdh69t.jpg

John

ok i went with the four-pack and ended up with only two other guys in the group, so now i've got one copy of Serious Sam HD: the first encounter left. it's $2.81, who wants it?

Darklord

Banned
YYZ said:
Australia would be perfect if it weren't for backwards government and widespread racism. Sound familiar?

The racism here is about as much as you'd see in America. Probably less even. It's no where close to countries like Japan but people just laugh that off(Haha, japanese black face! Hilarious! WHAT? AN INDIAN MAN IN AUSTRALIA DRESSING UP AS MICHAEL JACKSON? HOLY FUCK RACISTS!). Here when you see the tiniest shred of anything remotely racist people freak which is why it's got a mark on the country. Not to say there are racist people here but show me a country that doesn't.

:lol

Anyway, what's this thread about again? Steam trains or something? This is so far off-topic now I barely remember so I'll stop.

stuminus3

You know you've been buying too much on Steam... when your credit card company freaks out and puts a security block on your account because they're concerned about such frequent and irregular purchasing.

lol

:-/

ArjanN

YYZ said:

And if 90% of it wasn't a desert wasteland unsuitable for human habitation.

Zachack

stuminus3 said:
You know you've been buying too much on Steam... when your credit card company freaks out and puts a security block on your account because they're concerned about such frequent and irregular purchasing.

lol

:-/
That means you need to buy more and buy regularly. "A Steam purchase every week keeps a gamer at their peak".

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
xyla said:
I bought it yesterday in a "heck why not" mood and I can second this. It is a really great game with a few flaws, but it should be perfect for hot seat multiplayer.
Few things that should be patched:
  • If you are playing in 1080p you´ll have to play in window mode, because the game has no resolution option. Have to try out if 720p switches to fullscreen.
  • The 360 Controller implementation works but could be better: A few times in the tutorial the game lost track of the controller as an input divise. A click with the mouse and it worked again. And the Analog stick input is way to sensible.
Other than that it seems to be great. Perfect combination of luck and strategy.
I also think the animations for multiple monsters entering a battle should be combined. Waiting for dozens of monsters to move slows down the game considerably, even on the highest speed.

But small interface quibbles aside, Delve Deeper is one of the better Dwarven-themed dungeon crawls I've played. I'm really hoping that it gets a sequel or patch. The dev already has a list of features he wants to add.

gillty

Banned
Stallion Free said:
NyxQuest is up fuck yeah. Can't wait to get home tonight.
no actually its not...

1:15pm Pacific,
library page: NyxQuest is coming soon
store page, sans countdown: Pre-Purchase before September 27th 9AM Pacific Time and SAVE!

First time I've been truly disappointed in steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Valru said:
no actually its not...

1:15pm Pacific,
library page: NyxQuest is coming soon
store page, sans countdown: Pre-Purchase before September 27th 9AM Pacific Time and SAVE!

First time I've been truly disappointed in steam.
It actually was up to purchase when I posted that a couple hours ago, it then reverted back to unreleased. Then again, you did take a couple hours to respond.

Dryst

Neo Member
Do I have to do something special for my games to save in the steam cloud? Just got a new laptop, installed all my games through steam and it's showing my total playtime per game on my new machine but none of my saves are carried over.

somesang

Brettison said:
Anyone in here buy Chime yet? It's only $5 and I'm thinking about it. Yet I heard there were some technical issues at launch?
I bought it awhile ago. Did not run into any tech issues. Playing with a controller. It's simple fun, and I could see myself playing it for hours to chill, but other games have been taking over my time.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dryst said:
Do I have to do something special for my games to save in the steam cloud? Just got a new laptop, installed all my games through steam and it's showing my total playtime per game on my new machine but none of my saves are carried over.
Cloud support is on a game by game basis. It's not global.

epmode

I can't download the NyxQuest demo in Steam :(
The stupid app just hangs when I click the link.

I suppose I could just grab it from the main site.

Also: Is Delve Deeper awesome, GAF? No innernet multiplayer but it still looks promising.

edit: Oh hay, someone answered this very question!

deleted

SapientWolf said:
I also think the animations for multiple monsters entering a battle should be combined. Waiting for dozens of monsters to move slows down the game considerably, even on the highest speed.

But small interface quibbles aside, Delve Deeper is one of the better Dwarven-themed dungeon crawls I've played. I'm really hoping that it gets a sequel or patch. The dev already has a list of features he wants to add.

I hope so. I played a Multiplayer session today and while it was really fun, it had several problems. I cannot start a Hot Seat Game with the 360 controller to begin with. I had to play with mouse and my friend with the 360 controller. Is there any option to use just one devise (preferably the controller and just pass it along)? I only know hot seat from Worms and HoMM and one mouse and one keyboard where more than enough to play. One controller should do!

And animations for the monsters entering a battle should really be faster or combined. I set myself mate this round because i split up my dwarfs and all of them died in battle with no option to revive them... Spawned again with 1HP and got slaughtered right again before I could heal them in the start point. And every turn I had to watch every one of the monsters get in place to kill my now useless dwarfs.

Once again: It is very fun and relaxing to play, but there are several things that need to be patched. Saving doesn´t work and will most likely follow in the next patch and fullscreen is toggled with F12 for those wondering.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Dryst said:
Only a few games have cloud saves - for the others you need to manually copy the files over from random directories all over your HDD. Hope you didn't format the old computer.

epmode

Stallion Free said:
It's a Wiiware port so I think the idea was that a mouse functions much more like a Wiimote than a standard pad does.
Ah, right. I just started the demo and controlling your dude with the keyboard is sucks.

But even if it wouldn't be a common setup, it would still be nice to keep a pad in the left hand instead of WASD. Options!

Nabs

Well, you always have that option. All you need is a program like Xpadder and a few seconds to set it up.

Nabs

Yeah, I tried it as well and it was a mess. Nyx also works pretty well with a kb/m. It would be nice to see if someone could come up with a Wiimote config.

epmode

Stallion Free said:
Idk, I absolutely hated using a pad in Trine. It just feels so awkward trying to do anything that required precision.
Pad for movement, mouse for actions and aiming! A little awkward but better than the default!

XPadder wins but there's really nothing stopping the dev from adding native support.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I never understood why people seem to like holding a controller in one hand and a mouse in the other. It feels so weird since controllers are designed to be held by two hands and isn't properly weighted for one.

One or the other for me, none of the mix and match craziness.

epmode

Stallion Free said:
I never understood why people seem to like holding a controller in one hand and a mouse in the other.
I usually don't. In fact, I don't think I've ever done it before. ..but side-scrolling platformers just feel wrong on a keyboard.

And now that I thought about it, I'd like to go back to Trine with that setup. That game always controlled a little awkwardly, IMO (but not bad enough to drop the mouse pointer).

ArjanN

epmode said:
I usually don't. In fact, I don't think I've ever done it before. ..but side-scrolling platformers just feel wrong on a keyboard.

And now that I thought about it, I'd like to go back to Trine with that setup. That game always controlled a little awkwardly, IMO (but not bad enough to drop the mouse pointer).

I think Trine controls perfectly fine with mouse and keyboard, it's clearly designed around those.

Controller + mouse = weird. Just straight up weird.

Keyboard works fine with 2D platformers.

Joe Molotov

So is anyone playing Rig 'n' Roll? You probably should be. How can you not play a game with a tagline this awesome?

Rig%27n%27Roll_packshot.png

Also, the main character looks like a cross between Gabriel Knight and Patrick Swayze.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
zombieshavebrains said:
Can't believe how many people are playing Civ 5...

Why? It's one of the biggest franchises in gaming history. It hits both the hardcore crowd and the casual sims crowd too.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
zombieshavebrains said:
Can't believe how many people are playing Civ 5...
I can, knowing how popular it is, but I will never understand the popularity. Sims bore me sooo much; I can't even play Settlers of Catan.

Speaking of which, I should probably give my Civ 4 (was a gift) to somebody. I've never used the key or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom