• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Joe Molotov said:
Did you do all the side missions? It took me about 20 hours to do everything, and the extra stuff is pretty fun.

I didn't. I didn't really have much interest in all the challenges. I tried a couple of them but thought, "Why am i wasting my time with this?"

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
zombieshavebrains said:
I didn't. I didn't really have much interest in all the challenges. I tried a couple of them but thought, "Why am i wasting my time with this?"
Wait what? The stealth challenges are pure bliss. Fuck the combat ones, those are infuriating, but the stealth ones are brilliant.

Also, the Riddler challenges are a ton of fun as they reached a nice balance of tricky, but not tricky enough that I wanted to use a guide.

Of all games to do the side stuff for, Batman is certainly high on the list for fun.

graywolf323

Cities XL is 75% off both the regular and limited editions for Mid-Week Madness

spotlight_citiesxl_lg.jpg

Regular - http://store.steampowered.com/app/35510/ $4.99
Limited - http://store.steampowered.com/app/35500/ $6.24

I think I'll just wait for SimCity 4 Deluxe to eventually go on sale

Schmattakopf said:
And if you're really intent on Cities XL, Cities XL 2011 is coming out in two weeks...

Ehh, from what folks have said XL was crap. The fact that they took down the servers (correct me if I'm wrong) is just another reason for me not to buy games from them.

poweld

Stallion Free said:
Wait what? The stealth challenges are pure bliss. Fuck the combat ones, those are infuriating, but the stealth ones are brilliant.

Also, the Riddler challenges are a ton of fun as they reached a nice balance of tricky, but not tricky enough that I wanted to use a guide.

Of all games to do the side stuff for, Batman is certainly high on the list for fun.
Funny, I felt just the opposite. I got 3 bats for all of the combat ones, but couldn't be bothered with the stealth missions. Diff'rent strokes!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
poweld said:
Funny, I felt just the opposite. I got 3 bats for all of the combat ones, but couldn't be bothered with the stealth missions. Diff'rent strokes!
Shit, if only we could trade saves you I could do those for you and you could do combat for me so we could both have 1000/1000.

Stallion Free said:
Because I have access to soldering tools. Are you fucking serious? I bought a wired pads and never looked back. I also hated having to recharge them.

Not that it's not a pain, but you don't need full-blown soldering tools to do that fix. You can use a $13 Circuit Writer pen from Fry's. I did that a year ago and it's still working fine.

But yeah, the fact the MS would even write the drivers in such a way that the wireless pad doesn't appear to games the same as the wired is so full of fail.

MoFuzz

Stallion Free said:
Wha? The combat in Arkham Asylum, particularly when pitted against large mobs is ace!

Beating down fools with a 25x or higher combo without taking a single hit makes you feel like a total badass, and rightfully so, since you're the god damn Batman.

Rumble in the Jungle was particularly nasty for sure, but damn satisfying nonetheless.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
MoFuzz said:
Rumble in the Jungle was particularly nasty for sure, but damn satisfying nonetheless.
It was infuriating until you beat it and if you never were able to beat it with 3 bats, it remained infuriating.

MoFuzz said:
Wha? The combat in Arkham Asylum, particularly when pitted against large mobs is ace!

Beating down fools with a 25x or higher combo without taking a single hit makes you feel like a total badass, and rightfully so, since you're the god damn Batman.

I agree, that game had some of the most fun hand to hand combat, I would sit and do those challenge rooms for hours. Stealth ones were fun, but I had the most fun with the combat.

Smash88

Banned
Anyone who is considering buying Cities XL or any of their future games don't buy any this company releases.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1203672

Here is someones plight.

"Dear Matthew,

we all know about the memory leaks but there will be no solution for Cities XL.

Maybe it will be fixed in the new game version Cities XL 2011.

Best regards,

the Cities XL Team"

One excerpt.... Honestly after reading that, I would never buy anything a company that has no faith in itself would sell.

Blizzard

Banned
Smash88 said:
Anyone who is considering buying Cities XL or any of their future games don't buy any this company releases.

Here is someones plight.

"Dear Matthew,

Best regards,

the Cities XL Team"

One excerpt.... Honestly after reading that, I would never buy anything a company that has no faith in itself would sell.
Thanks, that's good to know. $5 or whatever is cheap but yeah, seriously. o_O

Daigoro

Stallion Free said:
Because I have access to soldering tools. Are you fucking serious? I bought a wired pads and never looked back. I also hated having to recharge them.

you are such a bitch. :lol

Aon

Smash88 said:

Here is someones plight.

"Dear Matthew,

Best regards,

the Cities XL Team"

That's sorta adorable.

Smash88

Banned
The new DLC for Borderlands is up....instead of next week it is up right now on steam...go get it!

New Features:

Fight waves of once-friendly, now-homicidal claptraps (ranged, melee and kamikaze).
Encounter claptrap-ified creatures including crab-traps, rakk-traps, skag-traps and a variety of bandit-traps.
Battle Hyperion Corporation’s battalions of highly-trained and well-armed soldiers.
Boss runs galore: 11 boss battles including 5 new bosses and 3 claptrap-ified foes from the past.
Collect novelty items such as: 3D glasses, oil cans and pink panties to earn achievements/trophies.

Number of Missions/Areas:

7 new main missions
14 new side missions
Fight the final boss battle in one very familiar area from your past. The game comes full circle and gives the player a sense of closure.
There are 6 backpack slots (*3* per playthrough).
Earn 2 more skill points (1 per playthrough)

stuminus3

Chiaroscuro said:
But what the hell? "OS: Windows XP SP2, Vista SP2, 7 32-bit only (64-bit operating systems are not supported) "
Not "supported", or not working period?

Pretty stupid if it's the latter. There's no reason for that.

MjFrancis

Smash88 said:
"Dear Matthew,

Best regards,

the Cities XL Team"
Thanks for the tip, I was considering grabbing this, but now I know I'll be much happier with the five dollars.

Darklord

Banned
Smash88 said:

Here is someones plight.

"Dear Matthew,

Best regards,

the Cities XL Team"

Maybe it will be fixed? :lol

ksimm

That response for Cities XL was made in March, the developer Monte Cristo no longer exists and Cities XL 11 has a new developer... but that could mean nothing and the memory leaks for the new version may still be there. YAY!

Holy crap, Garry's Mod is awesome. I was afraid it would be hard to use and get into, but it's actually really intuitive and the tutorials are very good. So much fun to dick around with and explore the game. Everyone should buy it for $5 immediately.

Psy-Phi

dLMN8R said:
Modern Warfare 2 sold millions at $60 on PC, and Medal of Honor is going for $60 too. No reason why Black Ops wouldn't also be at that price.
Just once, I'd like to see a company take a game of the caliber these titles sit at, and release it for 1/2 of what the competition is selling it for, just to see how much money it takes in. Maybe for a limited time, launch day, or 1st week introduction sale at first so they can ramp it up if it doesn't sell enough copies to pull in more money than the competition or keep it there if it does.

Because I'm not willing to buy it for $60, or even $50, I have a lot of shooters. But if they sold it for $30 I don't think I'd be able to resist the allure of a new quality shooter at that price. And I'm sure I'm not alone.

Fularu

Banned
Psy-Phi said:
Just once, I'd like to see a company take a game of the caliber these titles sit at, and release it for 1/2 of what the competition is selling it for, just to see how much money it takes in. Maybe for a limited time, launch day, or 1st week introduction sale at first so they can ramp it up if it doesn't sell enough copies to pull in more money than the competition or keep it there if it does.

Because I'm not willing to buy it for $60, or even $50, I have a lot of shooters. But if they sold it for $30 I don't think I'd be able to resist the allure of a new quality shooter at that price. And I'm sure I'm not alone.
It happened before with NFL2k5

The game retailed for 20$ while madden was 50 and prompted EA to buy the exclusive rights to the NFL

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Fularu said:

The game retailed for 20$ while madden was 50 and prompted EA to buy the exclusive rights to the NFL
More specifically, it prompted the NFL to make their rights exclusive, and EA won the bidding war.

graywolf323

Fularu said:

the NFL was shopping the exclusive rights....

but hey let's all just hate EA for irrational reasons

graywolf323 said:
the NFL was shopping the exclusive rights....

but hey let's all just hate EA for irrational reasons

I think many people hate on EA with Madden because they're just tired of the same ole` same ole`. However, if NBA 2k10 and other 2K sport franchises show its that they are no better. But yea, blame the NFL. You know if the NFL would have offered exclusivity to 2K sports, they wouldn't say no.

graywolf323

LovingSteam said:
I think many people hate on EA with Madden because they're just tired of the same ole` same ole`. However, if NBA 2k10 and other 2K sport franchises show its that they are no better. But yea, blame the NFL. You know if the NFL would have offered exclusivity to 2K sports, they wouldn't say no.

ugh don't get me started on the MLB 2k series

thank God they allow for first party titles still so we get MLB The Show on PS3 <3

Oh god, I'm really close to buying Rig n Roll. Help.

Schmattakopf said:
And if you're really intent on Cities XL, Cities XL 2011 is coming out in two weeks...
You're supposed to get 50% off 2011 if you own the previous game.
ksimm said:
That response for Cities XL was made in March, the developer Monte Cristo no longer exists and Cities XL 11 has a new developer... but that could mean nothing and the memory leaks for the new version may still be there. YAY!
Wikipedia says "A Few memory problems have been solved"....not quite sure how to interpret that.

Joe Molotov

VibratingDonkey said:
Oh god, I'm really close to buying Rig n Roll. Help.

Don't do it. I bought, installed it, played for about 2 minutes, said
PicardWTFisthis.jpg
, and then turned it off.

In what laughably is called a "Story Mode", two trucker dudes drive up to this building that's apparently your new office, introduces you to your secretary who is "footloose and fancy free" and then dumps you right into a truck and tells you do your first mission and the rest will fall into place. Except there's no HUD that tells you what this mission might be. The menu is also no help. I drove out of the parking lot and onto the highway where I accidentally scraped a car and was immediately busted by the police and fined $356. Then I tried to merge onto an on-ramp, but I bumped a lightpole and when skidding off onto the grass, and then proceeded to slowly spin around in a circle while I tried to get back on the road.

So...yeah. I guess if you really like big rigs and want to take the time to figure it out, then go for it. I think I'll just play some Burnout Paradise or something.

Joe Molotov said:
Don't do it. I bought, installed it, played for about 2 minutes, said http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/Classic-wolf/PicardWTFisthis.jpg[/img, and then turned it off.

In what laughably is called a "Story Mode", two trucker dudes drive up to this building that's apparently your new office, introduces you to your secretary who is "footloose and fancy free" and then dumps you right into a truck and tells you do your first mission and the rest will fall into place. Except there's no HUD that tells you what this mission might be. The menu is also no help. I drove out of the parking lot and onto the highway where I accidentally scraped a car and was immediately busted by the police and fined $356. Then I tried to merge onto an on-ramp, but I bumped a lightpole and when skidding off onto the grass, and then proceeded to slowly spin around in a circle while I tried to get back on the road.

So...yeah. I guess if you really like big rigs and want to take the time to figure it out, then go for it. I think I'll just play some Burnout Paradise or something.[/QUOTE]
I'm sad to say that it's too late for me. :( But hopefully this will help others in the same situation.

mrgone

stuminus3 said:
Not "supported", or not working period?

Pretty stupid if it's the latter. There's no reason for that.

Either way it's pretty fucking ridiculous to release a game in 2010 that doesn't officially support 64-bit OSes.

Oh, it's Atari!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Fularu said:

Ah i remember that glorious time. 2k5 was on par with Madden for less than half the price as well.

The M.O.B

Has anybody heard if NBA2k11 will be up on Steam?? It comes out next week for $29.99, but I have heard nothing of a steam version yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom