• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
vertopci said:
I didn't encounter it until someone told me a bunch of people whom I have never ever played with were talking shit on me for some reason :lol
I'm pretty sure I would be the only one who would talk shit about you, but I don't remember doing this. U:

I mentioned your name once! Maybe it's because I said it they assumed I was talking shit. ):

vertopci

Twig said:
I'm pretty sure I would be the only one who would talk shit about you, but I don't remember doing this. U:

I mentioned your name once! Maybe it's because I said it they assumed I was talking shit. ):

Why are your smilies always reversed?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I think Blizzard might have mentioned Vert once and then a couple people dropped anecdotes of how they heard he was a dick or something.

Boonoo said:
It's kind of sad, especially since the similar L4D threads get to be in the gaming section D:

Halo threads don't have much to say for themselves after the first week outside of people talking about the online play. At least CoD / Pokemon threads (which usually comprise 99% of online discussions after awhile) do popup with new DLC info.

Twig

Banned
vertopci said:
Why are yours?

I don't know it's just a weird habit I got into at some point and now it feels awkward to do it the "right" way!

Boonoo

MrNyarlathotep said:
Halo threads don't have much to say for themselves after the first week outside of people talking about the online play. At least CoD / Pokemon threads (which usually comprise 99% of online discussions after awhile) do popup with new DLC info.

The trouble with the TF2 thread being in the online section is that it cuts a lot of people out of what could be fun discussion because they just don't know about the thread. I'm always surprised when a patch comes out and a giant thread emerges because I had no idea so many people played.

Twig

Banned
Boonoo said:
The trouble with the TF2 thread being in the online section is that it cuts a lot of people out of what could be fun discussion because they just don't know about the thread. I'm always surprised when a patch comes out and a giant thread emerges because I had no idea so many people played.
Yeah, most of the people who post in those threads have never posted in the Online thread.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Emo-vert is a special experience. We should do a crazy team stack against him to see if we can bring it out again.

I actually think he was heading in that direction when we all raged at him in Call of Duty last night.

Boonoo, we should ask if we can have a TF2 discussion thread and keep the online meet-up thread for, you guessed it, online meet-ups/server discussion.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
vertopci said:

I said the same thing to an increasing amount of people. It seems to be the new thing.

I guess people forgot you read from left to right top to down. :)

Twig

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
I said the same thing to an increasing amount of people. It seems to be the new thing.

I guess people forgot you read from left to right top to down. :)
It's definitely not a new thing for me. I've been doing it for at least ten years, I'm sure.

I seriously have no idea why I started, though. D:

Stallion Free said:
Emo-vert is a special experience. We should do a crazy team stack against him to see if we can bring it out again.
This sounds like an experience worth having.

oatmeal

Banned
Friggin' finally...

My Steam is working again. After getting 90% of the way through Portal, and then Steam never working again...two months pass, and I finally got it solved.

I CAN PLAY AGAIN! WOOO!

Blizzard

Banned
vertopci said:
I didn't encounter it until someone told me a bunch of people whom I have never ever played with were talking shit on me for some reason :lol

Stallion Free said:
I think Blizzard might have mentioned Vert once and then a couple people dropped anecdotes of how they heard he was a dick or something.

*edit* Okay, just thought you were suggesting that I had been trying to cause problems for no reason. I was just responding since you mentioned my name in it.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Stallion Free said:
Boonoo, we should ask if we can have a TF2 discussion thread and keep the online meet-up thread for, you guessed it, online meet-ups/server discussion.
eXfQM.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I was just explaining Blizz, jesus. I don't even think it had anything to do with what you just said.
I just responded since my name was mentioned. I've tried to move on, sorry if I misunderstood your intention.

As a random note actually regarding Steam, I really like some of the user interface updates they have made like tabs. Having multiple chat tabs is a big improvement over the old system where you would have like 8 popups from game invitations and whatnot. I haven't tried any Steam betas lately, but I hope there are more UI improvements or changes to make things more efficient on startup, and not merely new features. :)

Volcynika

crimsonheadGCN said:
Lost Planet 2 is currently available for preorder and the normal price is $39.99. There is a preorder bonus of a 10% discount, which brings the price down to $34.99.

I wonder if they'll add a 4 pack. If they do, I'll wait. Hmm.

Will get it though :D

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Better be an awesome TF2 thread...all i'm saying.

It needs an awesome name...mention hippies or something.
It needs awesome gifs of scouts mom.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
confused said:
MW2 DLC is 50% off.
Fucking A, I'm getting my buddies to get it seeing as how one of them didn't even have to buy the game (got it from a friend as a gift) and the other just picked it up for 30$.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Fucking A, I'm getting my buddies to get it seeing as how one of them didn't even have to buy the game (got it from a friend as a gift) and the other just picked it up for 30$.

Gonna have to start accidentally knifing you more often if it gets me map packs!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
All the new maps are excellent in the MW2 map packs and the MW1 throwbacks are pretty decent picks (I was never a fan of Overgrown), but I definitely recommend it to any fan of the game at this price.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Have you guys noticed that the Wishlist function is totally busted?

1) Sort by Price doesn't work at all.

2) There's no wishlist view that allows you to see the prices of games on your wishlist. You're supposed to be able to, but it's buggy as hell. Most users don't see any prices, some users see a few prices, and very few users see all prices.

3) Because the wishlist is part of Steam Community rather than the Steam Store, you need to login twice to actually use it. http://www.steampowered.com. Ooh, I want that game. Oh, I have to sign it to add it to my wishlist. Sign in. Add to wishlist. Now I check my wishlist. Oh, I accidentally added Railworks DLC to it. Time to remove it. Where's the remove button? Oh, I get it, I'm not actually signed in to Steam Community. Sign in again. Signed in, press remove. They could fix this by letting you remove games from your wishlist on the game's info page, but they don't. It only has "Add to Wishlist", which greys out when it's actually on your wishlist.

I guess that's not really a bug, just a frustrating use case, and I could resolve it by using the client rather than the web browser, but still.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah, that's bugged me when I'm at school on my netbook just looking at the website while not on Steam.

The other thing that bothers me is that in the All Games tab the achievement progress doesn't show the way that it does in Recently Played.

Burekma

Steam Community just needs a big overhaul at this point. The wishlist issues, separate login (despite using the same login information as the store), missing images on all game lists, small irritating issues like the one Stallion mentioned and my biggest pet peeve: It was never actually updated to match the new UI update back in April. I mean, sure, it was reskinned to match the grayish colors, but that was about it. The whole "theme" it's going for is still that of the old Steam client.

Chiaroscuro said:
"This item is currently unavailable in your region" What the hell, Capcom????

Yep, the games got restricted in countries not supported by GFWL, probably due to all the complaints. I can't buy Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2 and F1 2010 anymore.

Not sure if it's a Steam issue or not, since the games are still available on Gamersgate and d2d. Only time will tell, I guess. I'm sure Capcom and Codemasters are happy now that they're essentially selling to a limited market on the biggest PC DD platform. Brilliant move on their part, sticking with GFWL I mean. And since I only buy games from Steam nowadays, I can't wait until they release their next game I won't be buying.

Firebrand

66% off L4D1 and L4D2. $6.79 / £5 / €6.79 each, or $10.19 for both. EDIT: L4D1 is slightly cheaper than L4D2 in the UK it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom