• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
As far as i remember if an American gifts to an Australian you will get the American (uncensored version). I swear i did this with someone but i can't be certain.

SupaNaab

Is it possible to permanently remove a game from your library? For instance I have the CS:S Beta listed as one of the games in my library but there is no way I ever will be installing that again :| I also have two entries for every Civ IV game but the final xpac. I bought the complete edition when it was on sale after already owning the others. I had assumed Steam would recognize I already owned the first few and let me gift them. That was not the case.

Fredescu

Discotheque said:
This work for all steam games in your territory?
L4D2 is the only censored game as far as I know. Borderlands had some message about a low violence version or something, but I think that ended up being a mistake and we got the regular version in the end.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
SupaNaab said:
Is it possible to permanently remove a game from your library? For instance I have the CS:S Beta listed as one of the games in my library but there is no way I ever will be installing that again :| I also have two entries for every Civ IV game but the final xpac. I bought the complete edition when it was on sale after already owning the others. I had assumed Steam would recognize I already owned the first few and let me gift them. That was not the case.
The other versions are probably the Mac versions that everyone has, unless you have 3 or 4 copies of each game in your list. And no, there is no way to permanently remove a game from your list, just create a junk category and then minimize it.

graywolf323

crimsonheadGCN said:
Both Deathspank and Shank are heading to Steam this month.

sweet :D

edit: if you preorder both together you can get them for $25.48... kinda tempting but they seem like the kind of games I wouldn't want to spend more than $10 on

ArjanN

Keikoku said:
What's up with the servers ? Can't download Amnesia's demo.

The same thing that happens every time Valve releases something high-profile on Steam. Several million people all downloading at the same time.

Minamu

I can't even log in anymore. I have to remove the program by force with the task manager och reboot it to even see the logging on window, then it just dies >_< All because of L4D2 dlc? :(

crimsonheadGCN said:
NBA 2K11 is now available on Steam for $29.99:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65950/

Going to wait for impressions on this... patch support for the PC version was an afterthought last year. Also rumor has it that they're reusing 2K10 player models for PC (2K has said otherwise but they haven't exactly been the most honest bunch ). I'd also recommend getting the retail version for this as support for the steam version was super late even compared to the other PC versions.

Nabs

I thought the problem started with Gamersgate, and how they jumped the gun and released the patch too soon.

Regarding games on your wish list not being automatically removed when you buy them, the games I just bought were removed. Perhaps for those of you who are having problems its due to not being in the beta?

Fredescu

What's the deal with the DRM on Shank? Is it new?

"INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. GAME USES SOLIDSHIELD CONTENT PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY. (WWW.SOLIDSHIELD.COM). GAME CAN BE PLAYED ON UP TO TWENTY COMPUTERS AT THE SAME TIME; USERS CAN MANAGE WHICH COMPUTERS ARE AUTHORIZED OR DE-AUTHORIZED TO PLAY GAME. VISIT http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/ FOR MORE INFORMATION ON DE-AUTHORIZATION. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE SERVICES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com/2/service-updates."

Nabs said:
I thought the problem started with Gamersgate, and how they jumped the gun and released the patch too soon.

yeah that's what happened, but Steam versions got screwed while the other PC versions were able to patch with no problems....originally the patch was to release once it passed steam certification

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why would i want to play shank on up to 20 computers at the same time? What an odd copy protection scheme.

I'm guessing the internet connection is required for online activation and that's it. It can't be like ubisofts bullshit that's for sure.

I might wait it out and see if anymore details come out regarding the drm scheme. If it doesn't sound too insane then i will pickup both games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
crimsonheadGCN said:
Axel and Pixel is now available on Steam for $4.99.

I highly recommend this game. It's a fun little adventure game (can be completed in 2-3 hours) with an art style like the old Monty Python animation skits. Very fun. Kinda touching too. Loved it on Xbox and happily paid $10 for it there. Big recommendation.

Stumpokapow said:
I highly recommend this game. It's a fun little adventure game (can be completed in 2-3 hours) with an art style like the old Monty Python animation skits. Very fun. Kinda touching too. Loved it on Xbox and happily paid $10 for it there. Big recommendation.

It looks VERY amanita design-ish. I guess I'll pick it up due to your recommendation.

BomberMouse said:
Is steam working for anyone else? I can't login via web and the client seems to connect but can't see my friends or buy anything

It is down:

Taylor Sherman said:
Hi everyone,

We're going to be updating the Steam servers at 5:00 PM PDT today. Downtime should be less than 30 minutes - the Store, matchmaking, and leaderboards will be down during this time.

Also, the previous 4 hour downtime that was suppose to occur at the end of September is now scheduled for October 11, 2010:

MikeBlaszczak said:
We've scheduled the previously postponed extended downtime for 2000 PDT (GMT-7 at the moment) on Monday, October 11, 2010.

The Steam Store, Steam Community, matchmaking, and leader boards will be down for the duration of this event. The forums will be up.

Sorry for the inconvenience -- we know that the extended duration of the downtime is problematic for our users, but occasional downtime for maintenance is unavoidable.

U2NUMB

shagg_187 said:
Steam is back online. Let me know if any Aussie is interested in getting the uncensored version of L4D2.

Not yet for me.. on a mac and its not loading certain parts and at this point it will not let me give them money for L4D.. :(

Shaneus said:
Hah, big surprise... not in the AU store! I bet if it was it would be AT LEAST $59.99US. It's 2K who keep bending over Australian gamers, right?

I saw it earlier for $49.95. Maybe they took it down to consider jacking up the price some more.

Nobiru said:
Well this sucks, I wanted to buy the 4pack L4D2, but I cant because I already own it!! I was gonna gift it too some friends :(
Yeah, this got me too. And I guess I could create another account. Hmm. Might do that.

Instro

Out of interest has Valve been asked if they will allow people to gift each other steam wallet money? Would be nice, plus it would make it a bit easier and cheaper to do 4 packs.

Fredescu said:
What's the deal with the DRM on Shank? Is it new?

"INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION AND ACCEPTANCE OF END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. EA ONLINE PRIVACY POLICY AND TERMS OF SERVICE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ea.com. GAME USES SOLIDSHIELD CONTENT PROTECTION TECHNOLOGY. (WWW.SOLIDSHIELD.COM). GAME CAN BE PLAYED ON UP TO TWENTY COMPUTERS AT THE SAME TIME; USERS CAN MANAGE WHICH COMPUTERS ARE AUTHORIZED OR DE-AUTHORIZED TO PLAY GAME. VISIT http://activate.ea.com/deauthorize/ FOR MORE INFORMATION ON DE-AUTHORIZATION. EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE SERVICES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON www.ea.com/2/service-updates."

Well there´s one game I won´t be purchasing. If you cave for such things, you´ll end up with an excel file with DRM information for all your games, even though one the purposes with Steam actually is to make this shit redundant.

Fredescu

Steam having the drm information on the game page makes the Excel sheet redundant at least. This seems pretty lax compared to every other drm, but take a stand if you need to.

markot

Banned
Doesnt seem that bad as DRM goes >.<

But its still stupiddddddddo. But I guess they are using other DD services and are too lazy ass to remove it for Steam...

crimsonheadGCN said:
Axel and Pixel is now available on Steam for $4.99.
Sucks that it had the stupid xbox live exclusivity period like so much great content but I'm glad it finally came. Wasn't super into the demo on Live, kind of a love the art hate the puzzles kind of thing. Waiting on PC demo.

JADS

CecilRousso said:
How does that work, since Alpha Protocol isn´t a Steamworks-title?

I don't know. I just got the game through the site, put the game in steam and it registered on steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom