• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's $6.79, and it's on both major operating systems. Even cheaper if you have friends. Jesus Christ, you guys.

I'm surprised all the time by how there are still people on this forum that haven't played L4D. Anyone admitting to never playing this from this point forward should be publicly shamed, because only an untrustworthy ass wouldn't have this game by now.

clav

Firebrand said:
66% off L4D1 and L4D2. $6.79 / £5 / €6.79 each, or $10.19 for both. EDIT: L4D1 is slightly cheaper than L4D2 in the UK it seems.
That's a ridiculous deal for L4D2 since it was $49.99 not too long ago.

I should buy it. I already own L4D1, but I only played a little bit of the first mission and then stopped playing. Somehow it was boring without a close group of friends. Online people are not very cooperative. Had a handful of games that one guy wanted to play superhero and didn't help anyone thus restarting the level many many times.

Dizzy-4U

Hey guys, I have a question. I bought Borderlands + 3 DLC (Zombie, Moxxi, Knoxx) a long time ago when they were at discount. Now, I haven't installed the game yet because I haven't finished building my Pc, but I noticed that in the CD-Key section, it only gives me the codes for two of the DLC. I don't have the code for Knoxx.

Does this dlc have a cd-key they forgot to send me? Should I contact customer support (the dlc is there in my purchase history)?

Chiaroscuro said:
"This item is currently unavailable in your region" What the hell, Capcom????

Is your region officially supported by GFWL? I think Capcom is restricting the sale of their GFWL titles to those countries that are actually supported by the service.

Dudemeister

Neo Member
Dizzy-4U said:
Hey guys, I have a question. I bought Borderlands + 3 DLC (Zombie, Moxxi, Knoxx) a long time ago when they were at discount. Now, I haven't installed the game yet because I haven't finished building my Pc, but I noticed that in the CD-Key section, it only gives me the codes for two of the DLC. I don't have the code for Knoxx.

Does this dlc have a cd-key they forgot to send me? Should I contact customer support (the dlc is there in my purchase history)?

I didn't have a CD-key for Knoxx either, I don't think it has one. DLC worked fine for me without it

Safe Bet

Banned
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Anyone admitting to never playing this from this point forward should be publicly shamed, because only an untrustworthy ass wouldn't have this game by now.
I'm sure it's already began and the arguments over it will be endless, but...

Someone needs to assemble a list of video game canon which, ofcourse, would be required playing for all GoldGAF Members.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
crimsonheadGCN said:
Is your region officially supported by GFWL? I think Capcom is restricting the sale of their GFWL titles to those countries that are actually supported by the service.
It seems it's only those games though, as I can still see RE5, SFIV, ect.

crimsonheadGCN said:

Could be the reason, I live in Brazil and we will only get Live officially in November.

But I can buy Dead Rising 2, so why I cannot buy Lost Planet 2?

Old Lace

AnEternalEnigma said:
Just bought the L4D/L4D2 bundle. Anyone else getting Steam server overloaded errors when trying to install?
I just bought L4D2 and got a server overload message. Now, it's downloading ridiculously slow @ 134 KB/S.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
AnEternalEnigma said:
Just bought the L4D/L4D2 bundle. Anyone else getting Steam server overloaded errors when trying to install?
Welcome to the world of everyone getting hyped and updating at the same bringing down the servers.

I'm not even able to connect to Steam right now :/

I really want to download Sacrifice DLC too. Is there a way to play games without loading Steam? I've finally found this service's major weakness.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Discotheque said:
I'm not even able to connect to Steam right now :/

I really want to download Sacrifice DLC too. Is there a way to play games without loading Steam? I've finally found this service's major weakness.
Trying starting it in Offline mode.

Old Lace said:
I just bought L4D2 and got a server overload message. Now, it's downloading ridiculously slow @ 134 KB/S.
Thats ridiculously slow for you? lol Had like 35bytes (not even 1MB) once during a sale

Firebrand said:
Huh, HL2: Deathmatch now available as a standalone product at €5. A bit much?

If you don't already have it (was not included in the Orange Box), try these links first: http://www.steampowered.com/nvidia/ or http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

Note: The free version of Half-Life 2: Deathmatch does not include the SDK, so you cannot play mods or Garry's Mod. You'll have to buy a game with the SDK and the paid version of HL2: Deathmatch is the cheapest one.

hamchan

Firebrand said:
66% off L4D1 and L4D2. $6.79 / £5 / €6.79 each, or $10.19 for both. EDIT: L4D1 is slightly cheaper than L4D2 in the UK it seems.
I think I've been following this thread and steam sales too long. I feel like I've seen the same games go on sale too many times, so these sales don't excite me anymore.

My Steam has just gone into total meltdown mode. It's been trying to download the L4D1 update all morning, and keeps freezing up the client. Every time I restart (after a 15 minute login) it freezes again after about 10 mins. It hasn't even acknowledged a L4D2 update yet... I'm just gonna shut the whole thing down and try again later tonight.

It's awesome not being able to play all my games!

AnEternalEnigma said:
Yes, everyone is getting them because a zillion people are trying to buy, DL, and play L4D2 at the same time. :lol

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Stumpokapow said:
Have you guys noticed that the Wishlist function is totally busted?
Games aren't removed from the wishlist automatically once you own them (last time I checked). Pretty dumb!

graywolf323

LovingSteam said:
Hmm they always are removed for me.

I know I preordered some stuff recently and it treats it like I don't own it yet (e.g. Fallout: New Vegas, not only was it still on my wishlist but I could add it to my cart and it wouldn't claim I already owned it even though it appears in my library)

graywolf323 said:
I know I preordered some stuff recently and it treats it like I don't own it yet (e.g. Fallout: New Vegas, not only was it still on my wishlist but I could add it to my cart and it wouldn't claim I already owned it even though it appears in my library)

For pre-purchase stuff, it may be different. Also it may be the new beta but in the past they would always automatically be removed from my account. I may buy a few games tonight so I will see what happens.

jambo

Trent Strong said:
Are the L4Ds worth playing alone? Even for 7 bucks?
They're worth playing alone for $20!

You could buy a coffee and some scones, or get unlimited access to zombie goodness

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
LovingSteam said:
Hmm they always are removed for me.
Just checked on my wishlist, Amnesia's still there _and_ I own the game. So it's probably either broken or you're remembering it wrong?

Edit: Right, I purchased it before the release, so maybe that plays into it, I guess.

AwRy108

lastplayed said:
My Steam has just gone into total meltdown mode. It's been trying to download the L4D1 update all morning, and keeps freezing up the client. Every time I restart (after a 15 minute login) it freezes again after about 10 mins. It hasn't even acknowledged a L4D2 update yet... I'm just gonna shut the whole thing down and try again later tonight.

It's awesome not being able to play all my games!

Yeah, mine's been a mess since I got home from work 4 hours ago. Started d/l'ing L4D2 @ 5PM, four hours later it's only 17% done...

Blablurn

i'm currently in China. And I only have a standard DSL 1000 connection. is it enough to play left for dead online? if no, how is the singleplayer?

Fredescu

Eh, I'm gonna say they're not really worth playing single player at all. Yeah it's "only $7" but a lot of things will be "only $7" too eventually.

Blablurn said:
i'm currently in China. And I only have a standard DSL 1000 connection. is it enough to play left for dead online? if no, how is the singleplayer?
I think that would be good enough for online. Single player is fun.

jambo

Fredescu said:
Eh, I'm gonna say they're not really worth playing single player at all. Yeah it's "only $7" but a lot of things will be "only $7" too eventually.
The SP is pretty great on Advanced or higher, plus if you buy it now and have internet access later you can play online.

Sloegr

Fredescu said:

I agree with you. I wouldn't play the games for free without online play. One bot is one too many, frankly.

LQX

Trent Strong said:
Are the L4Ds worth playing alone? Even for 7 bucks?
To tell the truth, no, especially part 2 where every mission is unlocked from the beginning. I haven't been able to get nothing out of it as I as I don't feel like I'm progressing at anything being that everything is unlocked. It's strictly a MP experience.

Hey guys I have a cousin in Australia who's interested in L4D2. But the one we have here is the low violence version... Could someone from the US help me out please? PM me your email, I'll pay by Paypal. Many thanks!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
What's with all the SP hate? I know the bots suck major dick in some instances (like this video i even made) but the campaigns are manageable and i find it okay to just chill out while taking out some zombies. I just like seeing what i can do without relying on anyone else i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom