• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Borderlands, it's taken a $10 price drop in the US store, bringing it to $19.99.

Juicier still, in the Australian store it went from, uh, $79.99 USD (according to Steam Game Sales - thanks, 2K!) to $29.99 USD.

b.e.r.g

Nabs said:
it's pretty cheap here in the states ($30 / €22?) maybe you can get someone to gift it to you.
Yeah? I'll do a price check in some local stores here first. Hows the DRM on this? Will a non-Steam version be much of a problem?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
b.e.r.g said:
Yeah? I'll do a price check in some local stores here first. Hows the DRM on this? Will a non-Steam version be much of a problem?
I got my bro a copy from the EA store when it was possible to use sales to get it for 20$ and the DRM seemed pretty inoffensive.

-86% lol, steam steam <3

I have never played a monkey island game before, i'd prefer to play the remastered originals, how does tales hold up? I think it looks a bit crap visually but that's me.

stuminus3

I recommend everyone who missed out on ToMI get it now.

I would get it again, but I a) already own it own Steam, b) already own it directly from the Telltale store, c) already own it on PS3, and d) already own it on Wii.

And now here it is for a fraction of the cost of all the above. :lol

EDIT:

Diablohead said:
I have never played a monkey island game before, i'd prefer to play the remastered originals, how does tales hold up? I think it looks a bit crap visually but that's me.
Don't judge how ToMI looks just on screenshots... it's great. I'll be honest, MI1 and MI2 are legendary, two of my favorite games of all time, but I wish the special edition remakes were more like ToMI. Blasphemy, maybe, but Telltale do some of the best 3D "cartoon" animation you'll see these days, they just get better and better with each new game. Telltale's cinematics and animation, plus Dom's signature voice = the ultimate in Guybrush Threepwood hilarity. Tales is a more recent Telltale game too, so there's a whole lot more in the bells 'n' whistles department as far as graphic settings go too (fancy shader effects, depth of field etc). It helps that the writing is pretty much bang-on.

Check out Sam & Max 3 at some point, too - it's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. The animation is Godly.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Diablohead said:
I think it looks a bit crap visually but that's me.
Never trust screenshots on the Steam page. I really like Telltales engine. It looks really gorgeous on my TV.

monkeyisland1012010-10jltw.jpg

monkeyisland1012010-10rzxq.jpg

I'm waiting on Tales until they release a special edition of the last couple originals. Might as well go through things chronologically.

Yeah, I'm even going to replay the PS2 game. I liked it well enough the first time.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://kotaku.com/5663410/steam-to-introduce-digital-trade+ins

"Steam is phenomenal, it's a great service," he told NowGamer. "Steam gives gamers enough other stuff so that they don't resent the fact they can't trade in their games. And you know, name all the Steam games that you've purchased that you've traded back in to somebody else for credit. Steam's about to let you do that supposedly, you know like trade and exchange, but they're going to take a fee from it."

I really don't think it is thread worthy because 1) Pacther, lol and 2) Kotaku, lol but oh boy would that ever be nice.

I wonder if that would be Valve's 3rd surprise.

Shaneus

Same... the amount of games that I don't care if I never touch again is massive. I wonder if there's a bonus if you've never played them before? :lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
DyslexicAlucard said:
You know Steam and its pricing has its hooks in you when you almost wish you could buy something again because it's such a good deal.

LOL... I thought the exact same thing.

rogue74

poweld said:
So is this all of the chapters combined? That's what I'm thinking, and if that's the case I think I should pick it up.

Yes it is all the chapters, although each chapter is a different download.

I picked it up right away :D

Suairyu said:
Is this getting a sequel series? Sure, it's only £3.50, but I won't get to play it for a long time and I just know any subsequent series will be bundled in with it two years from now for pretty much the same price.
When ToMI was released, iirc, it was the biggest success for Telltale up at that point, so yeah, we will see a second season sometime down the road. However, it won't be any time soon because they are working on Back to the Future and Jurassic Park (has JP been confirmed?) at the moment.

Minsc

Gold Member
platypotamus said:
I'm waiting on Tales until they release a special edition of the last couple originals. Might as well go through things chronologically.

Yeah, I'm even going to replay the PS2 game. I liked it well enough the first time.

They'll never release special editions of Curse/Escape. Curse should absolutely be played in it's current form, it runs at 640x480 and looks just as beautiful as the screens posted above, complete with voice work, FMV, and an arguably better interface than either of the remakes. Just the intro to Curse alone is better than MI1 or MI2 imo.

graywolf323

Minsc said:
They'll never release special editions of Curse/Escape. Curse should absolutely be played in it's current form, it runs at 640x480 and looks just as beautiful as the screens posted above, complete with voice work, FMV, and an arguably better interface than either of the remakes. Just the intro to Curse alone is better than MI1 or MI2 imo.

it'd still be nice if they released Curse as is for purchase

graywolf323

Stallion Free said:
I had heard some really positive things about the game, just that the matchmaking wasn't the best. I think I'll pick it up.

give us some impressions over the weekend if you do pick it up :)

Volcynika

Twig said:
Found your problem.

Deal with it. Doesn't mean I was watching a fake game. It looks so lifeless and boring, nothing unique enough to care about it. Besides I got that Monkey Island deal already!

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
Deal with it. Doesn't mean I was watching a fake game. It looks so lifeless and boring, nothing unique enough to care about it.
Deal with what? You're the one visiting that atrocious site! I have no idea what the game is like, but the fact that it's yet another multiplayer game means I don't need it, so I don't have to know.

Volcynika

Twig said:
Deal with what? You're the one visiting that atrocious site!

I can't help that you hate. Not too many sites put up them actually playing the game, it's usually just trailers and edited stuff like that. :p

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
I can't help that you hate. Not too many sites put up them actually playing the game, it's usually just trailers and edited stuff like that. :p
I can't help that you don't hate. Not too many sites regularly showcase the most annoying personalities on the planet.

Twig

Banned
Volcynika said:
Mute the sound!
What a horrible solution do you realize what a horrible solution this is you are horrible.

(I don't actually hate Giant Bomb, but the quick looks are never actually quick and also they're dumb.)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Twig said:
I can't help that you don't hate. Not too many sites regularly showcase the most annoying personalities on the planet.
Don't forget they almost always suck horribly at playing the game, making it painful to watch.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Don't forget they almost always suck horribly at playing the game, making it painful to watch.
Well, to be fair, they are primarily doing these things for entertainment, so that doesn't bother me so much.

Unfortunately, I don't find it entertaining. C'est la vie.

poweld

Whoa @ all the GB hating. I can understand not being into it, but finding them to be highly annoying? To each their own, I suppose. I feel like those guys helped me save more than a few bucks on games I wasn't very interested in until I watched them actually play it. Surely don't always agree with their opinions/reactions, but at least they seem to have genuine reactions instead of consistently gushing over everything or vice-versa.

Twig

Banned
You're surprised at GB hate? Imagine how I feel when I constantly see everyone fellating GB. It's like, man, does everyone have such a miserable life that watching GB videos is an improvement?

I just don't get cats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom