• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
1-D_FTW said:
This thread has turned into a GB hatefest? Sign me up. My head spins at the love they get here.
Me to. Well maybe not hate, but I thought Gerstmann was a terrible reviewer before he got fired from gamespot. Ironically his review for K&L was spot on though.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Oh, I'm so glad it was re-derailed into the GB hating. Just wanted to chime in and say I've kind of hated them ever since their first podcast (when the site was just a blog) where they said some ignorant thing about PC gaming I don't remember. I'm cool!

I don't mind giant bomb as their quick looks are worth watching most of the time, better then a stock trailer or some images for games i'm interested in, that's the only reason I visit them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
poppabk said:
Me to. Well maybe not hate, but I thought Gerstmann was a terrible reviewer before he got fired from gamespot. Ironically his review for K&L was spot on though.
It was like a meme on GAF that some totally ridiculous review would come out and people would say Gerstmann! upon finding out who the quotes could be attributed too. But yeah he built up a lot of goodwill with the Gerstmanngate thing.

poweld

CecilRousso said:
Nope, and they say they won´t either. But keep on boycotting like the rest of us, don´t cave.
Well, they have to remove it at some point. At some point in time they will be losing money by wasting resources on the auth servers once nobody cares about the game anymore. Granted, that time could be in 2015, but eventually it will be patched out.

...at least, I hope so, otherwise they're guaranteeing future generations will never see the game.

1-D_FTW

I don't really care about the Gerstman review. It's the 3 hour podcasts that people fap to. They ramble on without saying a single thing. They're all in love with their own voices. And they have almost nothing interesting to say ever.

poweld

I'm not even sure why all this GB hate is coming here. Maybe go dump it in one of the GB threads if you really feel the need to vent? At this point the derail isn't even interesting.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Salacious Crumb said:
I kinda like Giant Bomb, the only thing that really annoys me is Jeff's dismissive/ignorant attitude, especially in regard to PC gaming.

I enjoy GB but i definitely get grumpy when this happens, and it happens alot about any issue that's important to PC gamers.
I would guess that a lot of those that don't like GB are Pcgamers first and foremost.

Darklord

Banned
God, go bitch in one of the 10 Giantbomb threads. I can't believe it's still going. Go read IGN or 1up or some other garbage.

I kinda like Giant Bomb, the only thing that really annoys me is Jeff's dismissive/ignorant attitude, especially in regard to PC gaming.

They've been a lot more supportive of PC gaming recently. Brad with Starcraft 2 and learning the joy of hooking it up to an HDTV. Ryan with Civ5. Vinny building a new PC. Jeff stating that bringing Battlefield 3 to consoles is a bad idea and it should stay a PC exclusive.

Looks like Puzzle Quest 2 went down to $9.99.

I know the game was mostly disregarded around here but I've enjoyed it quite a bit and now that it's cheaper maybe more people will bite.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Looks like Puzzle Quest 2 went down to $9.99.

I know the game was mostly disregarded around here but I've enjoyed it quite a bit and now that it's cheaper maybe more people will bite.
I was waiting. Test Drive Unlimited 2 was pushed to next year so this is the last game of the year for me.
Pending crazy sale on Dead Rising 2.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Arcania - Gothic 4 is up on Steam now in the US.

They authorized Valve to put it up early due to Gamestop breaking the street date by selling it today.

stuminus3

All four Gothic games are up in a bundle, too... including the first game that's never been on Steam before... 14% off so it's not a huge bargain, but only 10 bucks more than buying Gothic 4 on it's own so it's not too bad.

Seems to be the only way to get the first Gothic game right now, you can't buy it separately.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Are the achievements for New Vegas up on Steam yet? That can be a pretty good sign that stuff is coming.

Geoff9920

morningbus said:
Are the achievements for New Vegas up on Steam yet? That can be a pretty good sign that stuff is coming.
Didn't see them up when I looked at steam over lunch, but I guess that could have changed in 2 hours.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
EviLore said:
Preload? You're supposed to get the retail CE :D

High five!

Is it bad that I want my games on steam enough that I was going to pick up the 360 CE and then pick up the game later on steam until they announced it was steamworks?

kswiston

I know that this has probably already been said a million times, but I can pick up the PC version of New Vegas anywhere and register it on steam correct? If so, I regret not pre-ordering it on D2D last weekend... Only 15% off, but better than nothing.

Volcynika

kswiston said:
I know that this has probably already been said a million times, but I can pick up the PC version of New Vegas anywhere and register it on steam correct? If so, I regret not pre-ordering it on D2D last weekend... Only 15% off, but better than nothing.

Steamworks, it requires Steam. So you can purchase it anywhere and link it to your Steam account.

Salsa

Well arrived late to the bank today and im freaking out about the Tales of MI deal ending D:

I cant go back until monday, so if anyone feels as generous as buying me the 5 dollar pack, ill gladly paypal you back as soon as i can get to a bank :/

a new beta arrives! Now you can recommend games to friends and discuss about it with them.
Found a game you think your friends should really be playing? Now you can write a recommendation for your friends to share your excitement and start a conversation. Plus, see what games your friends are playing most and what they recommend.

Visit the new 'Recommended For You' page in the Steam Store to find games similar to those you play and love. Steam will suggest games, help you find more content for games you already play, and remind you of items on your wishlist that are on sale.

You can give these improvements a whirl in the latest Beta by visiting Steam client Settings and opting into the Beta Update offered there. And as always, do share your feedback on the Steam Forums.

Note that when recommending a game to your friends, only fiends opted in to this beta will be able to see your recommendation.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/4496/

oh noes...
http://store.steampowered.com/recommended
2i24g2t.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Does Steam also download the manuals for the games you purchase? In specific, I would like to read the manual for Gothic II.

Boonoo

SalsaShark said:
Well arrived late to the bank today and im freaking out about the Tales of MI deal ending D:

I cant go back until monday, so if anyone feels as generous as buying me the 5 dollar pack, ill gladly paypal you back as soon as i can get to a bank :/

I'm game for it, send me a friend request.

steamcommunity.com/id/boonoo

Shaneus

Is Rhythm Zone any good? Anyone? Anyone?

I kind of went off the idea of purchasing it after they bagged out the guy who did that rhythm-based shooter for charging for iTunes compatibility (when it was a one-man show).

Salsa

Boonoo said:
I'm game for it, send me a friend request.

steamcommunity.com/id/boonoo

hear hear, Boonoo is awesome as he just gifted me Tales of MI

I even forgive him for his weird-ass avatar

thanks again, ill pay you asap! :)

Atrophis

I've never heard of The Polynomial but damn those visuals look amazing.

Kinda reminds me of the trip scenes in Enter the Void :lol

Nabs

Shaneus said:
Is Rhythm Zone any good? Anyone? Anyone?

I kind of went off the idea of purchasing it after they bagged out the guy who did that rhythm-based shooter for charging for iTunes compatibility (when it was a one-man show).

i think there's an 8 song demo, give it a try.

jodosutari

Neo Member
Firehead said:
The Polynomial was just added. Looks kinda like Rez, minus the railshooter aspect. Really awesome looking. If anyone buys it, please post your impressions. :)
This immediately caught my attention and after visiting the website and seeing 1min of the trailer I bought it. Just flew around in it for an hour or so listening to different music and not caring about the scoring system. It is really customizable there's 37 different 'spaces' to fly in and you can change all kinds of settings like how the forms react to music. This can be tripping stuff, much more engaging for me than Beat Hazard for example. Now at first I feel that this game isn't suitable for high scoring purposes so much, but as an interactive visualizer I already have my moneys worth. It supports different 3d rendering techniques but I couldn't get 3DVision to work with it...

There's a demo on the website so try it out!

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
SalsaShark said:

Dude its 5 bucks, pm me your steam id and i'll fucking buy it for you.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Polynomial is disgustingly pretty. It is the type of game that makes me realize that replacing my monitor with an HDTV was worth it.

polynomial2010-10-1521prkj.jpg

Fuck Fuck FUCK.

Atrophis

Stallion Free said:
Polynomial is disgustingly pretty. It is the type of game that makes me realize that replacing my monitor with an HDTV was worth it.

Gonna try it on my plasma and melt my eyeballs out of my face.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
I would say not like Rez but fucking trippy as hell. I bought it and played the shit out of rez. It has no musical association like rez but you get to fly around in spacey type atmospheres with pretty colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom