• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grug

Ok, I'm on the cusp of purchasing Railworks, but only have real interest if I can drive some railroutes that I've actually experienced in real life.

I'm going to assume there is no Australian routes in there, but is there any downloadable content that covers the greater London area?

I'd love to relive my living in London days by driving the District line from Temple Station all the way out to Chiswick via Kensington, Earls Court and Hammersmith.

Is there any DLC that covers that?

ksimm

Eaten By A Grue said:
No one warned me that Railworks 2 was going to be on rails
Don't worry you can derail, much like the GAF Forum threads. Now jump on the RailWorks Hype Train and share the steamy love!

SmokyDave

Grug said:
Ok, I'm on the cusp of purchasing Railworks, but only have real interest if I can drive some railroutes that I've actually experienced in real life....
The only London route included in the game that I can think of off the top of my head is 'Oxford - Paddington'.

There is so much DLC and so many user-made Mods that I don't know where to begin. I'd imagine the route that you want is covered but I can't say for sure because the sheer amount of content intimidates me so I ignore it. I keep meaning to look for some Midlands routes.

Of course, if you can't find it, you could always make it yourself ;)

My favorite thing about railworks is that when you crash a window pops up that says "Game Over Error". It's like the developers didn't foresee any possible way you could actually lose in the game, and if you somehow managed to it must be an error.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BuddhaRockstar said:
My favorite thing about railworks is that when you crash a window pops up that says "Game Over Error". It's like the developers didn't foresee any possible way you could actually lose in the game, and if you somehow managed to it must be an error.

You gotta play that shit like serious :lol They can't fathom how anyone would ever WANT to derail, even though it's the first thing I did on purpose. I couldn't help it!

SmokyDave

Sunflower said:
You gotta play that shit like serious :lol They can't fathom how anyone would ever WANT to derail, even though it's the first thing I did on purpose. I couldn't help it!
My most common game over error is 'Derailed due to consistent tilt'.

I refuse to slow down for stations, corners or junctions. My train runs on heavy metal and fire.

Ledsen

SmokyDave said:
The only London route included in the game that I can think of off the top of my head is 'Oxford - Paddington'.

There is so much DLC and so many user-made Mods that I don't know where to begin. I'd imagine the route that you want is covered but I can't say for sure because the sheer amount of content intimidates me so I ignore it. I keep meaning to look for some Midlands routes.

Of course, if you can't find it, you could always make it yourself ;)

Any Swedish routes? :)

Lackmus said:
I like the latest Left 4 Dead 2 patch notes:

"- Fixed the fix of the fix of the fix of the door exploit in No Mercy"
:lol

Thank GOD. Fucking hated playing No Mercy after people figured that shit out. So lame but I'm glad it's fixed.

The Newcastle-York leg of the east coast mainline is included with the base game isn't it? That's the main part compelling me to finally pick it up.

SmokyDave

brain_stew said:
The Newcastle-York leg of the east coast mainline is included with the base game isn't it? That's the main part compelling me to finally pick it up.
Yes, that one is definitely included. Has a sharp right hander as you leave the station that always derails my steam locomotives if I remember correctly.

There seems to be a Newcastle-York 'Modern' expansion. Railsimulator.com will have info on that I guess.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
hamchan said:
People hate on Railworks because the DLC releases dominate the New Releases list on the store.
Yeah, its just the fact it always shows up bugs me. I didn't even realize they changed the DLC on sale for a while, I thought it was just a really long sale for month until I paid attention.

Drkirby said:
Yeah, its just the fact it always shows up bugs me. I didn't even realize they changed the DLC on sale for a while, I thought it was just a really long sale for month until I paid attention.

Its a pretty smart tactic really. Guarantees constant exposure.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Midweek Madness!

Disciples II: Gold at $4.99 is right in my 'why the hell not' range, so I blind bought it.

Is it any good?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Drkirby said:
Did you at least beat it?

Yes. In those 53 hours I completed all 3 campaigns on Hard.

I think I might buy the expansion when it comes out.

Baha

Lackmus said:
I like the latest Left 4 Dead 2 patch notes:

"- Fixed the fix of the fix of the fix of the door exploit in No Mercy"
:lol

I think you'll also enjoy the latest TF2 patch notes then:
"-Fixed Engineers being able to build level 3 mini-sentries using The Wrangler for real this time"

Oh fuck I just think I started down an incredibly dangerous slippery slope with Railworks. I am looking at the different DLC trains thinking "Oh man that would be awesome to drive that train!". Oh man. :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
ixix said:
Yes. In those 53 hours I completed all 3 campaigns on Hard.

I think I might buy the expansion when it comes out.
Do you really hate it, or just saying it? Or do you "hate" it and still have fun.

Brashnir

Anybody played Grotesque Tactics? I've been looking for a new Turn-based strategy game since finishing Fantasy Wars. Is it worth picking up?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Brashnir said:
Anybody played Grotesque Tactics? I've been looking for a new Turn-based strategy game since finishing Fantasy Wars. Is it worth picking up?

From what little I've heard, it isn't anything special.

If you dug fantasy wars, get it's sequel: Elven Legacy

Blizzard

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
For anyone who's interested in buying RailWorks 2, there's free shit here:

http://railworksamerica.com/

http://www.trainsim.com/home.htm
I guess I'm kind of surprised the company allows free content...or do they frown upon it? With the discounted/free to existing users new version, I figured they made most of their money from expensive paid DLC. With a $20 price tag and free fan content, I'd almost consider purchasing it. :O

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Drkirby said:
Do you really hate it, or just saying it? Or do you "hate" it and still have fun.

There aren't any quotation marks around my hate.

I checked.

Zzoram

Baha said:
I think you'll also enjoy the latest TF2 patch notes then:
"-Fixed Engineers being able to build level 3 mini-sentries using The Wrangler for real this time"

Valve has a lot of patch notes like this. I've seen stuff like

"-Really fixed offline mode this time"

Ledsen

I'm looking for someone from the US or UK to gift New Vegas to me on Steam. It's 50 euros here so I'll save about 20 euros by getting it from somewhere else. Please PM me if you're available and I'll Paypal you the money immediately!

edit: wow that was fast :)

graywolf323

wonder if we'll actually get the weekend deal tonight when the mid-week deal ends (it went up later than usual so it doesn't end until 5pm pacific) or if they'll wait until Friday to put it up

My Swords and Soldiers arrived. Activating on steam worked well. Installed and played one game without a problem. But it's not listed on my community page, I cannot check the achievements, when I play it, friends only see "in-game", funny thing :D
International and Steam DD version is coming soon according to ronimo games in their forums.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Caesar III said:
My Swords and Soldiers arrived. Activating on steam worked well. Installed and played one game without a problem. But it's not listed on my community page, I cannot check the achievements, when I play it, friends only see "in-game", funny thing :D
International and Steam DD version is coming soon according to ronimo games in their forums.
So you're press, I take it? Did you get a review copy of Bloody Good Time yet? It's supposedly going to be released early next week. The concept was really interesting but the gameplay trailer was underwhelming. I'm hoping that the main mode isn't a straight deathmatch.

Joe Molotov

Blizzard said:
I guess I'm kind of surprised the company allows free content...or do they frown upon it? With the discounted/free to existing users new version, I figured they made most of their money from expensive paid DLC. With a $20 price tag and free fan content, I'd almost consider purchasing it. :O

From the Railworks 2 product page:

Powerful user tools to create your own content.

* The World Editor enables users to easily create new routes or modify existing ones
* Routes can be built from scratch, containing your choice of terrain, track and scenery objects
* Ability to share user-created content
* Additional content already available for download, including locomotives, rolling stock, scenarios and routes

garath

K.Jack said:
Of course Disciples II won't even load for me. Sick life.

Copied from the Steam forums:

Right so for people having these issues, you need to do three things in total.

1) Find the relevant .exe, it's located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\%Your_user_Name%\disciples ii galleans return" goto it's properties and set it to compatability mode for "Windows XP SP2"

2) Hook up the steam.dll, the best way to do this, as it will keep the file up to date, and also mean you never have to do it for any other game ever is to add "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam" to your system path. Goto System Properties->Advanced and click on environmental variables, find the "Path" variable, click edit, and add ";%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\Steam" to the end.

*Note* this is for 64bit systems, if you're 32bit use ";%PROGRAMFILES%\Steam" instead.

3) Right click on the game in the steam library got properties, and uncheck the "enable steam comunity in game" option

I bought it and haven't had a chance to try it yet but I gifted a copy to my buddy who's really into 4x games and he got it to run on Windows 7 64bit with these instructions.

graywolf323

Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY is the weekend deal

66% off so it's $13.60

I already own the vanilla game but it's kinda tempting to double dip at that price...

Recon

Banned
graywolf323 said:

66% off so it's $13.60

I already own the vanilla game but it's kinda tempting to double dip at that price...

I was hoping for something good after the lackluster midweek sale, i am not dissapointed!

Blizzard

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
From the Railworks 2 product page:
I may still make fun of them for spamming up the release list with all the expensive paid DLC, but the free upgrade plus $20 release sale price plus support for user content...has really improved my perception of the company. *salute*

graywolf323 said:

66% off so it's $13.60

i might just wait for christmas sale as i too have the original version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom