• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Arkham Asylum not allow AA with non-Nvidia video cards? I recall the demo of the regular version being that way... if there are any fixes or patches that circumvent that, I'll definitely pick it up.

graywolf323 said:
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY is the weekend deal

66% off so it's $13.60

I already own the vanilla game but it's kinda tempting to double dip at that price...

already beat this last year on the pstriple but its an awesome damn game and no one should pass it up, was pretty much my choice for game of the year

Mrbob

You could always plug in a wired 360 controller into your PC USB port and Batman will recognize it and configure the controls just like they were on 360.

MoFuzz

dingsbums said:
How are the controls in comparison to the Xbox controls? I really enjoyed the game on the Xbox.
It's fully compatible with a 360 controller out of the box. Can be modded to use a Logitech Rumblepad fairly easily as well if you so wish. Took me about 2 mins.

I can't speak as to how it plays with M&K. Generally, using that combo to play action games with beat-em-up game mechanics is blaspemy IMO.

Stumpokapow said:
Fuckit, I'm buying Railworks 2.
*Choo Choo!*

TouchMyBox said:
What the fuck? The original had a monthly install limit, yet this GOTY edition has a 4 max install limit? :lol

They can reset that with an email right?

Although it's terrible whatever way you spin it.

Blizzard

Banned
TouchMyBox said:
What the fuck? The original had a monthly install limit, yet this GOTY edition has a 4 max install limit? :lol
:lol if true. Also, I honestly don't mean to troll, since I'm sure Batman is a well-done game, but it's one of the few games that I honestly can't bring myself to WANT to purchase. Maybe I own it and forgot about buying it. :lol At any rate, even if it were $5-10 I might not even feel an urge to buy it as a bargain since I don't have a desire to try it. I tried the demo, didn't really like it, don't really care for the character design even though I like Batman, and moved on from there.

Stumpokapow said:
Fuckit, I'm buying Railworks 2.
Yeah, I think instead of $13 on Batman I will go ahead and drop $20 on Railworks 2 just because I'm happy with what they've done recently. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but let's hope not! Driving a train is much more exciting than being Batman, anyway. ;p

dani_dc

TouchMyBox said:
Oh, Wow.

Nice catch guys.

I was waiting to get this game for PC, think I'll get it for 360 instead now.

Can't understand the logic behind this move =\

Blizzard said:
:lol if true. Also, I honestly don't mean to troll, since I'm sure Batman is a well-done game, but it's one of the few games that I honestly can't bring myself to WANT to purchase. Maybe I own it and forgot about buying it. :lol At any rate, even if it were $5-10 I might not even feel an urge to buy it as a bargain since I don't have a desire to try it. I tried the demo, didn't really like it, don't really care for the character design even though I like Batman, and moved on from there.

Yeah, I think instead of $13 on Batman I will go ahead and drop $20 on Railworks 2 just because I'm happy with what they've done recently. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but let's hope not! Driving a train is much more exciting than being Batman, anyway. ;p

If you like Batman even remotely, you owe it to yourself to play through Arkham Asylum.

Zzoram

No way I'm buying a game with a 4 install lifetime limit. I already played it on PS3 anyways, good game. If it didn't have this shitty ass SecuROM I would definitely add it to my Steam collection.

Avyrocky

Banned
What happens when you reach the 4 install limit? Do you have to ring up Microsoft/Eidos?

Or can you download those de-authorisation tools like EA has for Dead Space and Mass Effect?

MisterAnderson said:
Does Arkham Asylum not allow AA with non-Nvidia video cards? I recall the demo of the regular version being that way... if there are any fixes or patches that circumvent that, I'll definitely pick it up.

This restriction was removed from the GOTY edition. Pretty sure you could still force it previously, anyway.

dani_dc said:
Oh, Wow.

Nice catch guys.

I was waiting to get this game for PC, think I'll get it for 360 instead now.

Can't understand the logic behind this move =\

Just get the original PC version if that's your hangup, you should be able to find a disc copy for pennies these days. Like all UE3 games, the console versions are a sad imitation of the PC release.

Avyrocky said:
What happens when you reach the 4 install limit? Do you have to ring up Microsoft/Eidos?

Or can you download those de-authorisation tools like EA has for Dead Space and Mass Effect?
the original version had the license revoking tool under Games > Tool.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
loving being back in the pcgame world again.
Absolutely loving Steam and how its run, its sales features ect.

But now i remember what drove me to console..this DRM crap.

I don't know how publishers don't see they're solutions are worse then the disease . Hope more pubs just start using steamworks built in DRM. its painless and Valve seems to say they're pretty much eliminated day 1 piracy with it on their products.

Welp heres hoping they're all learning and this years pc titles drm will be done better

Nabs

DMPrince said:
the original version had the license revoking tool under Games > Tool.

the goty doesn't have this. some people are guessing that the 4 machine limit might be a mistake.

A stricter DRM policy it seems... was going to get it but this 4 install limit is pretty retarded. I own it and platinumed it on PS3 anyway, oh well, was lookin forward to getting the Steam version.

graywolf323

Nabs said:
the goty doesn't have this. some people are guessing that the 4 machine limit might be a mistake.

wouldn't be the first time Steam accidentally listed DRM for a game that doesn't actually have any

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
So what's different about the GOTY again for Batman? I already own the regular edition, is it worth picking up the GOTY?
3D support (as in, 3D glasses. The GOTY retail box came with them) and the 3 DLC packed in, but one of them is free on Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace anyway, and they're all just more Challenge maps. The other two are also pretty cheap.

batmanaa.jpg

The free one (that says "Already Purchased" above) consists of two new challenge rooms, the other two are one challenge room each.

That's all that's different, afaik.

I bought the Original version (plus Just Cause) for 20 bones a while ago, so I'm not really bummed out. I think there was an earlier discount on the GOTY, but not as good as this.

Oh my god. batman is SO bought. Mmmmm sweet batman goodness. I love you Steam. Finally I get to play this game...now lets hope my Laptop can run this! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

And yes I bought it without knowing if my laptop could run it well or not.

Aselith

DMPrince said:
wait. if you got vanilla. doesn't it update to GOTY?

I checked the store page of Batman: AA and it goes to GOTY.

How did you get to a page for the vanilla version? I just checked on Steam and they don't have vanilla on there? I think maybe you clicked on the demo or something.

Aselith said:
How did you get to a page for the vanilla version? I just checked on Steam and they don't have vanilla on there? I think maybe you clicked on the demo or something.
Oh. i may have mistaken. I got a code from ebay since it was part of a graphics card deal. so I used the code on Steam. so it said Batman: Arkham Asylum under my library. That's why.

I just added GOTY to my cart and it doesn't say that i own the package.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
DMPrince said:
wait. if you got vanilla. doesn't it update to GOTY?

I checked the store page of Batman: AA and it goes to GOTY.
You can prolly only buy GOTY edition now. Anyone who bought it on release stays vanilla but it's two lame ass combat maps added in GOTY so who gives a fuck. I know because I bought the combat maps with some left over space bucks on GFWL (win) and I was like well uh this is fucking great and by great I mean lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom