• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Is that MLB2k10? All I could see on the front page was some MLB Front something Manager, then when I clicked on it it said it wasn't available in my region :lol Can still see NBA2k10 though, so I might just get that.

Firehead said:
Bought from Greenman?

Yes, I bought it from Green Man Gaming during the pricing mistake in the European store. I used a proxy to access the store from the US and then I sold off Necrovision, which I bought for a penny, for like 6 Euros and used the money toward Alpha Protocol.

Forkball

I'm mildly intrigued by MLB Front Office Manager for only a buck. But Gamerankings has it at only 49%.

Meh, I'll save the dollar for a snack or something.

eznark

Banned
Forkball said:
I'm mildly intrigued by MLB Front Office Manager for only a buck. But Gamerankings has it at only 49%.

Meh, I'll save the dollar for a snack or something.
It's literally the worst baseball game ever made. I bought it for $50 when it first came out because I love OOTPB so much. FOM is a total, complete piece of trash garbage game.

JADS

Sanjay said:
What is Green man and how is Alpha Protocol a Steamworks game now?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/ - small digital download service that allows trade ins on some tittles. For some reason Alpha Protocol is a steam game on the service. They had a pricing error so you could get the game for cheap.

7 Oct 2010 Free Purchase Alpha Protocol - GMG

Hah GMG have the new sega collection titles on sale for like 70% off :lol 55p for ecco the dolphin is worth it easily.

*edit* MISTAKE! it's a bundle price saving :lol

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Set category
S-p-o-r-t-s
Add Category

Just picked up my first 2 sports games on PC, one of which I guess I wasn't supposed to be able to get.

Of course now steam is overloaded so I can't try them out.

epmode

crimsonheadGCN said:
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II is now available. System specs reveal that the game was downgraded from it's predecessor. Instead of requiring even more hard drive space, it requires less now. 1/3 of the original space requirement :(
Why :(?

I'm pretty sure that the ridiculous HDD requirement of the first was due to audio/multiple languages.

epmode said:

I'm pretty sure that the ridiculous HDD requirement of the first was due to audio/multiple languages.

Just kidding about the :(

I thought it was due to the fact that they used the uncompressed video from the PS3 version or something. The audio and multiple languages make more sense though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
epmode said:

The original was 30 Gb for absolutely no good reason. Just compressing some of the folders in windows saved ~10Gb without affecting the games performance.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
graywolf323 said:
too bad it looks like TFU 2 is pretty mediocre at best :-(

haven't seen it get above a 7 anywhere yet in reviews

True, but here are the two things reviewers have roundly knocked it for.

1) Really, really stupid story
and
2) Not enough original trilogy settings.

Neither of those mean a lick to me. It's a game where you play as a space ninja who can also throw lighting bolts - and apparently, that is the highlight of the game.

graywolf323

WanderingWind said:

and

Neither of those mean a lick to me. It's a game where you play as a space ninja who can also throw lighting bolts - and apparently, that is the highlight of the game.

well yeah it sounds like a fun game to pick up later on but not for $40, at most $20 but preferably $10

drizzle

Axel Hertz
WanderingWind said:

and

What about the fact that it's short? I heard reports of 5 hours to finish the game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
drizzle said:
What about the fact that it's short? I heard reports of 5 hours to finish the game.

That would be somewhat of a negative, but jokes aside, Fred is right. I'm going to wait for it to go on sale, too, but the reviews written about it have totally missed the point of the game, IMO.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
i dont' know how all the games like ghostbusters ect aren't onsale this week for halloween.
anygame with any kinda supernatural/ghost/werewolf/vampire games should be onsale this week.
Ahhhem.."buy Amnesia..its awesome!"

It's funny how Steam gets me. I usually pass on deals like this in the past but now that I've got everything I truly want I end up picking these deals up when they come back around just for something new to play. I miss my small games list. :(

Like tonight, I'm tempted to pick up Titan Quest just because it's back on sale and cheap. I've passed on it before but now, eh, I may just get it.

hamchan said:
Zzz I've been following steam sales too long. The sales nowadays are all repeating.

There's only so many games. :lol

The one game left that I'm interested in is Railworks. There has never been a cheap price on that it seems.

VGChampion said:
It's funny how Steam gets me. I usually pass on deals like this in the past but now that I've got everything I truly want I end up picking these deals up when they come back around just for something new to play. I miss my small games list. :(

Like tonight, I'm tempted to pick up Titan Quest just because it's back on sale and cheap. I've passed on it before but now, eh, I may just get it.

There's only so many games. :lol

The one game left that I'm interested in is Railworks. There has never been a cheap price on that it seems.

It was $19.99 last week though. I doubt it would get any cheaper.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Lasthope106 said:
How does Titan Quest, a 4-year old game, becomes the top selling game on Steam with competition like Fallout: NV, and Black Ops? Amazing.
Well it's a good game and it's currently on sale for 2.50.

Fredescu

Easy_D said:
Well it's a good game and it's currently on sale for 2.50.
It's been on sale a million times and that list is ranked by revenue. I think the correct answer that there aren't all that many of those big ticket games being sold in the day to day.

Volcynika

Lasthope106 said:
How does Titan Quest, a 4-year old game, becomes the top selling game on Steam with competition like Fallout: NV, and Black Ops? Amazing.

Tons of people bought a cheap game on Steam? Well I never!

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Fredescu said:
It's been on sale a million times and that list is ranked by revenue. I think the correct answer that there aren't all that many of those big ticket games being sold in the day to day.
Wait what? It's based on revenue? I thought it was X amount of sales in Y amount of time.

Well that is impressive :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom