• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM - Announcements & Updates 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Oi, what's this about red faction guerilla not supporting newer gpus? I bought it on a whim and have yet to try it. But earlier today I read somewhere in this thread that you have to do some trickery in order to get the game to work?

Davidion

Corky said:
Oi, what's this about red faction guerilla not supporting newer gpus? I bought it on a whim and have yet to try it. But earlier today I read somewhere in this thread that you have to do some trickery in order to get the game to work?

Isn't that Red Faction 2 that doesn't work with newer GPUs?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, I actually own a disc copy of TQ Gold... which I got like... a year ago.

I think I might rebuy just for the sake of not needing my disc copy :/

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Thanks to Blizzcon, I'm content dreaming about Diablo 3 instead of playing Torchlight or TQ again.

stuminus3

Stumpokapow said:
Oh, man. Talk about walking a path to the dark side. My handy CD wallet of PC games is getting smaller and smaller by the day because of this kind of thing. :lol

I actually don't have a working CD/DVD drive in my main desktop PC anymore because I keep doing this.

Zachack

toasty_T said:
I noticed it well before I met
Scarecrow
, but I played for a bit more now and it hasn't happened again.
When it happens, does the sound start repeating really fast and the game freeze, then go back to normal after 5-10 secs? If so, that happened to me 2-3 times on my non-OC 4850. If it makes you feel better, I'm 95% through the story and trying to get final Riddler items and that was the only issue I had with the game.
stumpaknow said:
So, I actually own a disc copy of TQ Gold... which I got like... a year ago.

That's what I did last time it was on sale for $5.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It also looks like more over priced Genesis games were released today. I am guessing the odds of the emulators supporting online multiplayer for Virtual Fighter 2 is 0?

stuminus3 said:
Oh, man. Talk about walking a path to the dark side. My handy CD wallet of PC games is getting smaller and smaller by the day because of this kind of thing. :lol

I actually don't have a working CD/DVD drive in my main desktop PC anymore because I keep doing this.
Seriously my next game machine is being made without a dvd drive, I have one on thus build and in about 18 months i've only played... 4 games or so, dirt 2, batman aa, halo 2, ut3 (before I regged the key on steam) oh and maybe one or two more. :lol

Diablohead said:
Just noticed the new mega collection is up, sonic 1 yay (I am not buying it again for the 9th time...maybe)

The sly bastards have included everything but Sonic in the actual bundle and then they've the cheek to charge double the price for Sonic than any of the other games. I'd have bought the pack for £5.50 if it included Sonic just to have even easier and completely legal access to another copy of Sonic and Flicky (despite owning both something like a dozen times each) but not when they're pulling these shenanigans.

Hopefully they'll do a nice big bundle of all the Mega Drive games once they've finished releasing them and I'll pick that up on sale.

stuminus3

Diablohead said:
Seriously my next game machine is being made without a dvd drive, I have one on thus build and in about 18 months i've only played... 4 games or so, dirt 2, batman aa, halo 2, ut3 (before I regged the key on steam) oh and maybe one or two more. :lol
It's like the transition from floppy to CD!

Actually my wife wanted me to install Black & White 2 for her on my main desktop this past weekend. I couldn't be arsed opening the thing up to hook up a drive so I just shared the DVD drive on her laptop and installed it over my wireless network. Took about an hour, it was like downloading from Steam. :lol

Sysgen

Ataturk said:
Is DogFighter any good? Just bought it, was too cheap not too.

Just finished a multiplayer session. Straight death match with too many players is too chaotic. Team matches are very good and the power ups are imaginative. Playing with the 360 controller. At first put off by the games arcade controls but came around to them with some tweaking. Game is featured on Kotaku today.

If Team Fortress 2 had an air supremacy mode, Dogfighter would be it.

It really baffles me why this game isn't more popular. It's got a great look, fantastically responsive controls, a simple premise - Mario Kart meets the Red Baron in a fight to the death - and right now you can buy the game on Steam for a ridiculous $1.50.

rogue74

Never played Titan Quest, loved Diablo. What do you say GAF? Buy? At such a cheap price I shouldn't even sweat it should I?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
rogue74 said:
Never played Titan Quest, loved Diablo. What do you say GAF? Buy? At such a cheap price I shouldn't even sweat it should I?

I like it a lot, personally, and it's a real visual treat. Really fun and colourful without using the Warcraft/Torchlight style presentation. Torchlight and TQ are the two best post-D2 games of the genre in my opinion. At the time it was even better because it really was the next step after Diablo II, which was showing its age badly by then.

Definitely check it out.

Acidote

I bought it for 10 euros back in the day and ditched it a few hours later. Not a bad game, but lacked something for me.

graywolf323

The Ball is live (thanks to NIN90 for helping me get it before launch after all)

also Alpha Protocol seems to have price dropped to $30, that didn't take too long

1-D_FTW

Just bought Dog Fighter. Heads are gonna roll it it sucks. I can't be tossin a buck fifty around willy-nilly.

Luckily for said heads, there's a 50/50 chance I'll never actually play the game to find out:lol

I'm not a big fan of Titan Quest, I haven't played Diablo that much, but I really love Torchlight. Titan Quest seems to be a lot deeper and features really nice 2D visuals, but I don't know, it's not as fun. My main problem with TQ is that it's not as visceral as Torchlight or Diablo, there isn't much feedback when you beat baddies, and as a result I find it pretty boring.

But Titan Quest got great reviews and most people seem to like so if you like Diablo, it's definitely worth a try at that price. At least there is a demo to try it for yourself.

stuminus3

graywolf323 said:
also Alpha Protocol seems to have price dropped to $30, that didn't take too long
I'd be willing to bet a testicle that it'll see further reductions in upcoming sales, too... but I won't for fear of losing another testicle to GAF.

Also, Titan Quest is great, looks great, plays great, feels great... Gold pack for $4.99 is serious value.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
graywolf323 said:

I bought the 360 version on eBay, sealed, three weeks after release for $25. I thiiiiink Alpha Protocol was sub-$30 during the June sale as well. Nice to know MSRP is tumbling, though! :D

JoeBoy101

rogue74 said:

One of the best character and class progression systems in this type of game. From hardcore combat to full mage to full ranged, and everything in between. Its a very solid game. Currently going through another replay with my Harbinger (Warfare/Dream). :D

Ataturk

Rufus said:
Why don't you just try it if you already paid for it? :lol
Was waiting for it to download at the time. Initial impression: more multiplayer-focused than I'd like, but it's alright.

SapientWolf said:
This kind of summarizes the danger of Steam sales.
Well I didn't buy it completely blind, I looked at the trailer on the game page. For €1.30 you can't go far wrong.

1-D_FTW

Joe Molotov said:
Woo, 90% off last year's MLB & NBA games. Normally I'd be like "Who cares" but, you know, Steam sales. :D

I remember some pretty rageful posts about the 2K basketball games. I'm not sure they're worth anything if that's what you're talking about.

1-D_FTW said:
I remember some pretty rageful posts about the 2K basketball games. I'm not sure they're worth anything if that's what you're talking about.

I thought most of the rage pertained only to the online portion being broken

Rufus

Stumpokapow said:
I bought the 360 version on eBay, sealed, three weeks after release for $25. I thiiiiink Alpha Protocol was sub-$30 during the June sale as well. Nice to know MSRP is tumbling, though! :D
I pre-ordered the game months in advance for 18€. :lol

Lothars

Joe Molotov said:
Woo, 90% off last year's MLB & NBA games. Normally I'd be like "Who cares" but, you know, Steam sales. :D

I feel the same way but for around 5 bucks I can get 4 games I probably will pick them up.

nexen

I hate sports games and can't stand basketball or baseball in any form, really.
Still.. they are pretty cheap. Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom